Crawford.

In the offroad world, well the Land Cruiser off road world any way, we have a saying "Pulled a crawford"

Crawford, Pronunciation: kraw-ferd, Function: noun

1a: Common name, 1b: a computer illiterate incapable of following the

simplest of instructions (example: "That stupid Crawford couldn't even

unsubscribe himself")[also see Loser], 1c: an action taken which results in

unwelcome, unintended consequences (usually of an extremely embarrassing but

nonfatal nature) due to a failure to take into account readily available

information directly related to the action (example: "Man, he really pulled

a Crawford. Why didn't he just check to see if his hubs were locked?"), 1d:

a person performing a Crawford-like action (example: "I can't believe I

actually did that. I feel like a real Crawford today."). Special note: can

also be used in verb form: to Crawford, denoting the performance of a

Crawford-like action. - Definition courtesy of the Land Cruiser List Online

Dictionary of Arcane Land Cruiser Terminology, 1997 edition.

You can read the full story of the Crawford here .

What would the geocaching equivelent of a Crawford be? Is there one? Should there be?

Funny callin them "Crawfords"

1b: a computer illiterate incapable of following the

simplest of instructions

I help handle Crawford County here in GA, and out of the 3 people stationed there ya couldn't make a computer literate outa them if ya combined all 3 brains!

Nick T

In utah we say "Bunkerdave" read this thread at the UT geocachers site

http://www.utahgeocachers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150

I pulled a bunker dav just this past sunday.

ROFLMA :lol:B)B)B)B)

Funny thing is it sounds a little like this adventure:

The adventure started when I finaly got my PC unpacked from moving. Since Nevadageocaching is my home page it was the first thing I saw when I got my internet connection going. What's this????? Indy in Reno????? The clues were good but my mind was befuddled by two weeks of packing followed by a week of moving boxes. (The pitcher of Daquiries had absolutly no effect on my reasoning ability I'm sure. ) Over the next few days my coragated cardboard marathon continued, but I made time most days to visit and look at the clues posted by BlackWolf.

At last, a break from toting boxes. I never looked forward to a trip to the dentist so much. And I had figured out where to start looking for Indy to boot! I took a short side trip on my way home, not more than 5 or 10 miles out of my way, sure enough this was the location shown in the clues. That big water tank on North McCarren Blvd. with the mural. Now what did BW say??? oh yeah somthing about a rock pile. H e double hockey sticks!!!!!! The whole blasted hill is a rock pile!!!! Back home I read the clues more carefully, I wasn't looking for Indy I was supposed to be looking for coordinates!!!!! I was really slipping on the details. dadgum!!!!

Meetings with contractors doing clean up work on the house and shopping for furniture filled the next few days. Saturday morning I put my foot down! Well kind of actually more like my knee. It didn't take much groveling since Mrs. Rusty was about as feed up with boxes and shopping as I was. Off we went. Right there on the power pole was the wanted poster. For saftey I snapped a picture and wrote down the coordinates before I entered them into my GPS. Looking at the coordinates I realized we could drive to Hidden Valley Horsemans Park and hike up the canyon or circle down by the Sage Hill Gun Club and take the back roads to the ridge and hike down. Hike or Four wheel, tough decision, off we went to the Gun Club.

Heading into the hills was great, clear skies and a warm breeze had brought out a lot off ATV'ers, Jeeps and Dirt bikes so we plenty of company for the first couple of miles. Then we started onto the less traveled roads that snake over the back side of the Virginia Range and up onto the ridges. The last half mile or so we slithered up a narrow line road with a nice layer of mud over it. Kind of like a slip and slide with a shear drop on the side. We parked about 200 feet from the coordinates and hiked down the hill. Humm not many rock piles around here, whats up? The coord's put me in the middle of a Pinion Pine. I tried to confirm the coordinates, they matched the paper I wrote them on but I couldn't read them on the camera display. ( I figured out how to zoom in later that night.)We looked until it was time to get going to make it home before dark, I didn't want to get stuck in the hills at night.

At home I posted a couple of pictures and the results of our search. By Sunday BlackWolf had figured out what a yutz I was and posted enough clues that my blind grandmother could have found Indy without a GPS. I had also figured out that I had entered 42 minutes instead of 41 minutes. Not to much of an error right? (Remember what I said about screwing up the details?) Today on my lunch break I drove within .1 miles of Indy, walked up the hill straight to the rocky grave. I start hanging blinds tonight so it might be a few days before I post a picture. I think I need to get the blinds up since somebody moved into the two story next door this weekend. Not that I'm bashfull, I just don't want anybody to poke thier eyes out on my account. It could happen, anybody who saw me stepping out of the shower would probably rather be blind than take a chance on it happening again.

A very heartfelt thanks to Blackwolf for a great adventure and some cool loot. I think I'll buy Indy a treat after work. rusty_tlc