Cito As Trade Item

Monkey Toes

I posted this in the CITO forum, but no one responded.

I did this today on a mini cache. The swag I had brought along was too big to fit into the container, so I tossed in a CITO film canister with a baggie inside as trade for a little plastic cow. Was this okay? Are CITO containers not considered tradeable items? I guess I could have taken nothing, but I like to collect the treasures.

I asked for a few film cannisters at a local film developer, and was given about 200. My 4 yr-old daughter was able to help stuff a plastic grocery bag into a cannister.

Because of the cost to me for the supplies--virtually zero--I've dropped a few into every cache I've vistited, and have taken nothing in return.

I actually have a cache called "CITO South Florida" that contains only CITO containers. I keep it stocked, and do not expect that anyone will leave a trade. The idea is to give out the CITO containers to as many persons as possible in the area.

PS -- if you leave three CITO containers in a cache and make note of this in the log, you can claim a locationless cache called CITO (if you do that kind of cache).

HM

I actually have a cache called "CITO South Florida" that contains only CITO containers. I keep it stocked, and do not expect that anyone will leave a trade. The idea is to give out the CITO containers to as many persons as possible in the area.

PS -- if you leave three CITO containers in a cache and make note of this in the log, you can claim a locationless cache called CITO (if you do that kind of cache).

HM

I like that idea! <_<