Expensive Caches

Does anyone know if pre-perforated, baseball card size printer sheets are available? I mean, same style as those business card sheets that are around.....???

I am seriously thinking of going this route.

I found the exact thing I was looking for. Trading card maker

Of course now I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. Refill kits for this are $20 for 20 cards. Thats a little steep.

Has anyone created a baseball card type trading card for their cache? If you have could you share it? It could have information like the cache page on the web. Then people could collect them. You could even place yours in other caches sort of like advertising your cache or for the owner of that cache to collect.

If anyone is doing this I would love to see some examples.

I can see it now Geocache Trading Cards

Here's an example of a token I made for my Bachelors Grove cache.

Token

Also,

my avitar is the from my old cache card.

I'll scan a the cache specific cards I made yesterday

Edited by Geogeek65
I read that a little different to the way you have. I think it possibly means 20 cards per sheet - so then the pack would contain 200 cards. A bit more reasonable if that is the way of it.

Thanx for the link. <_<

Trading card maker refill pack

If you were right they would be very reasonable. But I'm afraid its only 10 sheets and 2 cards per sheet. I've found this on exact model number on several other websites where they explain more clearly what is included. The kit that includes the program only comes with 5 sheets (10 cards). You print these cards on one side of the paper and somehow fold them to create the card.

I'm investigating avery ID cards right now. They are more reasonably priced. They won't look exactly like a trading card like these do but I'm not willing to shell out $1 each for these.

If you are going to make trading cards, you may want to consider going one step further and laminating them before you place them in the caches. You can buy the small laminators on ebay for $10 - $15. and the laminating sheets are around $5. for 100. I have a larger laminator and I can process 10 cards at a time. But I started with the smaller one. I just had so much fun with the smaller unit and I had things I wanted to save like newspaper articles and photos that I bought a larger laminator. The cards look great when they are laminated and they are protected while in the cache.

Right on Gizmo! My laminator was the best birthday gift I had rec'd in years. I use it all the time to create my cache cards. It was inexpensive but it works great! The MIGO site has laminating sleeves for a good price. The sleeves are $16 for a pack of 100 at Office Max.

I have placed a cache in my area which I stocked with outdoor gear, and requested that only outdoor gear be put into it. So far, people have been very respectful of this, and seem to be trading fairly. I suspect a lot of this has to do with the fact that it's a members only cache.

Thats a cool idea. Stock a special cache with some really cool swag and by making it members only you raise the bar a little. I think some people don't know any better. They either don't know they are supposed to trade or they don't know its supposed to be a fair trade. Then again they might think that dirty golf ball is a fair trade for a geocaching.com patch.

Re: Lead sig items

Cause lead is a cumulative toxic substance. People are going to be handling these tokens/medallions, and may not know about washing hands after handling lead before eating or drinking, or putting their fingers or hands in body orfices (noses and mouths mostly! <_<)

John