New Cacher Looking For A Very Cheap Gps!

ayeyen

Your best bet is for the eTrex yellow. You probably wont find a Legend for anywhere near under a hundred bucks. You might be able to find an eTrex yellow for 60 bucks on ebay. It would work just fine for caching. Also, you may be able to find an older Magellan GPS 315 for cheap too. They work fine for caching. If you want to spend 150 or so, I can offer you a mint condition SporTrak Map with lots of goodies.

I'm also looking for a cheap GPS. My husband & I have 2, but we're looking for one for my little brother, who lives across the state from us. He's really into caching, but can only go when we're visiting him, because he doesn't have one of his own. If anyone knows of a GPS we can get for, hopefully, less than $75-100 please let me know! You can e-mail me at annajeny2000@yahoo.com. Thanks!

How cheap, you ask? Really as cheap as possible (Canadian $$)

I realize there is little hope because no one is going to part with a Garmin eTrex legend for $30 :-(

But I am really poor (well, not really, but it's all in the college fund, y'know!)

Anyhow, yeah. I'm actually thinking of getting a Yellow and $60! WOW! Thanks for the tip!

I'm new as well and have found the etrex yellow and the geko 101 to work marvelously for caching. I believe you can find either one for about $80-90 most days. It also appears that there are a couple sellers in this forum that can provide quality GPSrs for less than other locations... Personally, we've ordered from the GeoCaching.com link to Offroute.com.

BTW, I CANNOT recommend Cobra gpsrs. We had a horrible experience with their midrange model.

Hope this info is helpful.

Nathan

Hi! I'm new at GeoCaching but I love it! The only problem is I'm really poor! I'm looking for a really REALLY cheap GPS. (eTrex Legend is my fave!)

It's not relevant, but I can't resist :)

U people form noth USA can't imagine what is poor :lol: once was in Kazchstan (former soviet uninion). If I remember right mounthly salary the profesor at local University is below 10$ :lol: that I could call poor :)

It's not relevant, but I can't resist

U people form noth USA can't imagine what is poor once was in Kazchstan (former soviet uninion). If I remember right mounthly salary the profesor at local University is below 10$ that I could call poor

Yeah, and there are starving children in Africa.

I'm not really offended at all by your comment, but coming in here and saying "U people" sounds a bit elitist to me. Just because you were in Kazchstan one time, doesn't mean you know any better than any of us. I'm sure many of the people in this forum have visited many other countries, and have seen how other people live.

You're right. It's not relevant. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

I see that your post is saturated with "smilies" so you are obviously saying this with a light heart, but still...:)

Edited by SBPhishy

UPDATE: It has to be someone in Ottawa, ON because my dad wants me to try my GPS first and stuff, sorry direktor. I guess I can't buy it from you because "oh he's gonna rip us off what if it doesn't work you're gonna be ripped off!"

So, sorry. Stupid paranoia.

I'm thinking of a Sportrak Map. I've heard about the crack problem, not to worry.

My dad says if I pass this year in school (which is still a toss-up) then I can get one!

Also, sory about the insanely poor comments. I meant poor as in this society, not globally. No offence to anyone in Kazichstan or Africa.

If I had big money,I'd donate to feed the Africans. I'm not a bad person!