Groundspeak Shop Merchandise Quality

lullabud

I've ordered from the Groundspeak shop twice so far and both times I've been less than impressed with the items I received. Does anybody else feel this way?

I'm not saying I want my money back or that people shouldn't buy from the store, but honestly, out of the 6 items I've ordered only three, maybe four, of them are high enough quality that I'd consider them little more than a novelty, unless, of course, that was the intended case. For instance, I just got a lanyard, t-shirt, hat and microcache capsule. The t-shirt fits well, which was nice because the last shirt I bought was sewn so that the shoulders were all funky. The microcache capsule... well, it does it's job just fine... screws open and closed. This hat, like the first shirt, is also sewn kinda funky. It actually fits better if I turn it inside out, but then the back side of the logo shows up and it has all this thread hanging off of it and looks like the back of any embroidery would. The lanyard? Well, for $4 I suppose I shouldn't expect more, but it's not even sewn like a lanyard should be, but rather just a strap, which isn't how it appeared in the picture. Really, it's not sewn well at all. I'll probably just drop it off in a cache as a novelty item and go buy a lanyard that is a bit more elegant in it's function.

So, do I just have bad luck or is this the expected quality of the merchandise in the Groundspeak store?

I have 2 hats, they both fit fine. No problems there.

I have 1 long-sleeve crayon t-shirt. The cuffs on the sleeves are a bit funky, maybe just a bit shorter than I'm used to, but it's wearable.

The micro-logbooks are slightly too long to fit in an Altoids tin, but it's easy to trim. The cache stickers are great, and so are the travelbug tags.

Overall I'm pleased with the items I've purchased, maybe you just have bad luck. :D

4 TB's with no problems other than me setting the final 3 in motion.

Lanyard that works good but a thicker lanyard would have been nice. Great for my daughter who has trouble holding the GPS.

5 ammo can labels all working just fine.

Plan to get a hat. Glad to hear you did not have any problems with yours Sax.

So all in all I am pretty pleased.

T-shirts - both long sleeve and short sleeve --- No problem

Hats -- Two baseball type. One light colored. Got dirty (haven't figured out how to stop that.) The other one a darker color. One bucket hat for Anne. --- No Problem.

Geocaching Cling thingy --- Clinged well, just couldn't be seen through the tinted windows of my Blazer.

Goecaching pins. ---- They're great. Stay put. Granddaughter (4 years old) asked what they were. We told her "geocaching pin". Had my long sleeve geocaching shirt on. She remarked while pointing at the logo on the front, "you've got your geocaching shirt on". Logo must work pretty good.

Goecahing labels --- only used one so far, but have seen several. They seem to work good.

The key phobe with the compass is nice novelity, but I think that's what it's intended to be.

Must be something else I've bought, but can't think of what.

I remember, it wasn't from geocaching.com, I bought a couple stainless steel mugs with the goecaching.com logo on them. I use those all the time.

OK -- Count me in the happy customer side of things. :D

Byron

No complaints here either. I've gotten a hat (about ready to replace... man is it getting grungy) the keychain, stickers, about 10 of the various shirts, and last year we got 70 of the CITO shirts. All the shirts were made at the same company I'm pretty sure. They were all very good quality and actually - Groundspeak quality is the measure that we judge our own shirts on at MiGO.

Not all of this stuff was *for* me, but I've had a pretty decent volume of products through my door and was happy with the quality on all of them. The only thing I was iffy on is the keychain and that's only because after getting it... it wasn't exactly practical for me with my "organizational system". It was far too neat...

I've ordered probably over 200 items from the store and have been happy with them. I'm sure if you were to contact the store and tell them you were unsatisfied with the product you received, they would be glad to exchange or refund your money.

--Marky

Very Happy here....

One hat----fine(not sure if others know this or not, but at a "HAT" store that sells all those new baseball caps that the kids wear they have a plastic hat thing that you put your grungy hat in and it closes to keep its shape and you put the thing in the dishwasher, yes even with dirty dishes and that baby will come out clean as a whistle) they cost about $10 and I use it for all my hats.

One large metal water container---love it, no probs

Stickers galore ------fine

TB's great

lanyard i use all the time

just got a few of the micro containers

all in all I think the quality is just fine and for the price actually a good deal..... :lol:

Two new GC.com navy blue t-shirts -- poor quality cotton (thin and not soft)

Huh. I actually really like them. I have one in every color and I notice I tend to wear them over my usual tees. After a wash you get the stiffness out of them.

BIASED! <_<

I got a red one of those and I must say it is comfy.

I love the big ammo box stickers. They have stayed on in the rain and the mud. I have one pin from a cache, and it's great quality.

The only think I would change is the little white compass keychain. I found one in a cache, and was all excited until I picked it up. It just felt kinda cheap. All hollow, and thin... They look cool though!

The TB tags are great. They seem to really stand up to a lot of abuse. Of course, it is just a piece of stamped metal... <_<

SHIPPING COULD BE CHEAPER THOUGH!

Edited by SBPhishy

Well, I got the oval GPS sticker, just put it on the GeoJeep today. Seemed pretty nice, and as far as I know, it's still there. <_< Got the window clingy thingy, just put it on the GeoJeep today. Stuck good so far, and looks really cool from outside....but while I was putting it on, I noticed a crack in the windshield. :D Guess if I can't transfer the clingy thingy to the new windshield, I'll just buy another...provided this one stays on.....like I said, I just put it on today, but it looks good. B) Got 5 TB's.....don't really know what kind of problems you could have with those......other than the chain is too long for all of my TB items, but I just snipped it with a pair of Rosie's...err, umm....dykes, and made them fit nicely. Thinking about picking up some of the keychain compass thingamaboppers for gifts later on at a GeoEvent I'm trying to organize. Maybe even some other items for door prizes, also.

All in all, I'm satisfied. Kinda wish they'd get a cheap price on bundles of ammo boxes that are pre-printed with the GC.com logo....whadday think, Jeremy? Possible?

I've ordered and received the following items:

Keychains

Window Clings

Color Patches

Camo Patches

Pins

Travel Bugs

I'm very happy with all of them. The keychains were a little cheap-o feeling, but otherwise just ducky.

I've been using them as first-to-find prizes in my recent caches -- okay, the travel bugs were for myself and I've kept one of the pins for myself too because they're so nifty! <_<)

TBs - can't go wrong

new style shirts - comfy, no complaints

fleese pullover - Da bomb (although it looks way better on the Groundspeak model)

pin - only one that hasn't fallen off (sorry mtn-man, I seem to have lost yours)

window cling - been on there for like 2 yrs now and still looks great

oval sticker - it sticks!

camo patch - I sew them on, so not sure how iron on part holds

color patch - see camo patch

Probably a few other things I'm forgetting, but the point is, it's all good.

No problems with the few cafe-press items I've seen either, but thats not really Groundspeak.

Edited by Mopar

Count me in with the happy customers too...

TBs -- no problems

Oval sticker -- still on my truck's bumper

Color patch -- iron-on worked just fine, but stitched around the edges just to be sure (I'm a little A-R, I always do this)

Micro-mini-metal-cache-cans -- mighty spiffy

Cache labels (both large and small) -- the best around (much more robust than the cafe-press ones)

Log books -- a bit pricey, but good quality

So what can I say, I haven't had a lick of problems with gc.com merchandise.