Outdoor Expo March 28 '04

MissJenn

There will be an Outdoor Expo on Sunday March 28, 2004 in Berks County, PA. To be held at Reading Area Community College. No need to sign-up! Just come to RACC that day.

The geocacher at Berks County Conservancy contacted me about it: wanted to know if I could have / create / staff a booth for the local geocaching organization for the day. I am unable devote the time to do all that, but I thought I could at least let people know about it. I will probably be able to stop and attend it for a short while that day.

(Plus, we don't really have any sort of local geocaching organization here. We just find one another's caches and occassionally meet at events. The first question on the booth registration form (Name of Organization) would have stumped me! :D )

Check out the partial list of exhibitors! It looks like a lot of fun. The website has tons more info. http://www.bmecc.org/outdoorexpo_home.htm

Appalachian  Mountain Club -Appalachian  Trail Conference -Appalachian  Trail Museum - Baird  Ornithological Society - Berks  Amateur Astronomers - Berks  Community Hiking Club - Berks  County Conservancy - Berks  County Red Cross - Berks  Mineralogical Society - Blue  Marsh Lake - Blue  Mountain Eagle Climbing Club - Buck  Hollow Llamas - Keystone  Canoe Club - Leave  No Trace - Monacacy  Hill Conservancy - RiverPlace Development Corp. - Schuylkill  River Power Squadron - Smokey  the Bear 60th Birthday - Therapeutic  Riding

Hope to see some of you there ....

EDITED for clarity.

Edited by MissJenn

I've sent an e-mail to to the cointact at Berks and will let everyone know what happens.

I'll be doing the same thing at Warwick Park on April 24. I have some ideas I want to try out for a display, after working on trade shows for 5 years it will be fun to create a booth for a change.

I'll let everyone know what happens, anyone who wants to help staff the table or has any ideas e-mail at nlazarus@highstream.net

I'd like to attend this year and scope it out a little bit. Then, when next year comes around again, we can revisit the issue.

:lol:

(I bet there's a way we can convince them that the CITO we are doing at French Creek, for example, is a darn good trade for the $50 registration fee!)

*************UPDATE***************

Ok I have good news. The expo people are going to waive the $50 dollar fee. so we're on for March 28.

Basically I am going to create a table top display and I'll print a large version of the PDF brochure that was recently posted here. And bring a back pack with samples of what you should carry with you while geocaching. Anyone who wants to volunteer to spend some time at the booth is more than welcome.

Just e-mail me so I can get some idea as to who might be available.

Also should I turn this into an event cache??

Edited by magellan315

how about a few caches containers, a decon box, a film canster, a 20 cal ammo, and a 50 cal ammo box, make one of them an actual cache with a logbook and some trade items. print up a BUNCH of cards with the geocacheing web address on them so the visitors can look up the site when they get home. I would even go so far as to actually hide a cache somewhere on the grounds and give the cords. to anyone who shows up with a gps, or if you have enough help someone could lend them a gps and go with them to help (and to get the gps back)

Scoobydooers

I think the booth name is going to be www.geocaching.com. I believe that is what I listed it as on the expo paperwork. As far as the display I am planning on doing an oversized print of the brochure that was recently posted on the boards. I'll have two sample caches, one ammo can, one tupperware and I plan on trading out the contents of a local cache so people can see what to expect in an average cache. Along with busnies cards with the websites and a sign sheet wif they want the brochure e-mailed to them.

Anyone who wants to hang out in the booth and talk to people is more than welcome.

Kudos, magellan315!

Well done. That blow-up of Cybret's pdf flyer was an awesome idea, and really completed your display. Thanks for representin' in style today. Sorry that I could only stay that short while.

John H from Berks County Conservancy thinks there will be another event like this next year...

Let me know if you hear more from the Lancaster Conservancy folks about that event he was talking about, please.