Garmin Icons

You can't download any other ones.

ahh.. no firm ware hacks? :rolleyes:

I saw someone had done an etrex yellow hack for topo type symbols. They added swamp, pond, and some others. They replace ones you have though.

i use golf course for all tall things. How lame is that? But really it doesn’t even matter what the silly pictures are.

Edited by geckoee

Well, let's say icon download isn't a standard feature. I don't know about firmware hacks, but you'll likley just get whatever icons their hack includes. There's nothing that lets you download and install custom icons that I know of. You get what's in the firmware, be that standard release or a hack... As far as I know...

I would like to find some additional icons as well. I was surprised that there was no icon for an arena or ice skating and such. I emailed Garmin and I got their standard response that all suggestions are looked at carefully and dealt with, but that was a long time ago.

I too am surprised that no one has come up with some shareware.

Mike

I would like to find some additional icons as well. I was surprised that there was no icon for an arena or ice skating and such. I emailed Garmin and I got their standard response that all suggestions are looked at carefully and dealt with, but that was a long time ago.

I too am surprised that no one has come up with some shareware.

Mike

http://etrex.webz.cz/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/etrexkb/etrexbike.htm

Edited by Prime Suspect