Lock-n-lock @ Pathmark

Team Shibby

Hey all...Not sure if many of you use Lock-N-Lock containers, I personally have never seen them around but today while shopping for groceries in Pathmark, I notice that they now sell them and are having a great sale on em. I picked up 13 in various sizes from a micro to a midsize cache container and only spent around $10. These may not be the best for "all year round" but they claim to be 100% water and air tight as well as freezer safe.

This may not apply to all Pathmark locations, but I shop at the one in Fairlawn. Hope this helps, if you have any info on how they hold up to the elements, please feel free to post here. Thanks & Happy caching!!

Kar of TS!! B)

Saw them and bought a few at our local Pathmark, Edison, NJ.

Darn things come in just about every conceivable size and configuration.

As to durability, my Wife plopped a Roast right out of the Oven in one must have been 160°f, then straight into the Fridge 40ºf. I took it out several hours later to make a sandwich and found the container just about sucked in on every side (it had pulled a vacuum), popped the tabs and the container returned to normal. Pretty tough, just don't know how long the locking tabs will last.

I bought a shopping bag full in a variety of sizes. The smallest size (.4 cup) is good for interim stages of multis and would make nice micros (square is better because its easier to get a log book to fit). The larger sizes make good full size cache containers. I've been putting the the 1.3 cup size in my newer caches, along with a logbook, pencil, geocaching letter and a few trinkets, as ready to stash caches for whomever is interested.

I think they are pretty good cache containers and the comments in the forums about them have all been positive. I'm not sure how long the tabs would last, but I bet longer than a lot of caches.

Hey and get this, I've actually used a few in my kitchen to store leftovers. Imagine that.

Edited by briansnat

I found them today at Pathmark and to my surprise I've already been using them for a while. A couple of months ago I found these great waterproof containers in the dollar section of a local super market. That's right I've been buying them for a buck each! I picked up a few Lock & Lock containers today and I $h!# you not the are exactly the same. Same lid, same thickness, same blue rubber gasket. The only difference is the dollar ones don't say Lock & Lock. WooHOO!!!

d6ded5fe-cc6f-457d-bbb7-674e3b255968.jpg

Yes Stayfloopy that is me hiding them around the Philadelphia area. The first one's I purchased came from Genuardi's. They had them in a set described above. Then I found some in Target... that is whjere I get them now... various sizes and shapes. To the dude that had to stick his nose in with "Ammo boxes still rule"... um... SO WHAT! We are not looking for a replacement for the ammobox. I use ammobixes just as much as I use LocknLocks. I simply think these are good alternatives to Rubbermaid and Tupperware. I have had them floating and submerged during floods, frozen in blocks of ice, covered in bugs... none of my locknlocks have leaked yet. None of the wings have come off... So I am happy.

Peace!

Gargoyle