Best Fictional Geocacher?

Sherlock Holmes is another one who comes to mind. He would never waste his time looking in the wrong area. He would simply spot a broken twig and deduce where the hiding spot was based on the direction of the break. And he would never even have to do the actual work to retrieve it...that's what Watson was there for!

I think Danial "The Cacher" Boone is the man to beat. Or how about That caching team Lewis and Clark the Cachers.

Or that other team The Three Cacheteers. The only problem with Superman is that people would start using lead containers and Superman would be back to a normal person like us. I can see it now on the rules section of Geo caching " No Food, No Kryptonite, No weopons are allowed in caches".

Edited by RockyRiver

I have to believe it would be the characters from Star Trek.

Checkov: Okay... the tricorder says the cache is exactly there! We got it captain! I'll just sign it and put it back.

Kirk: Good work, Chekov. Sulu, where is the next cache?"

Sulu: Captain, it's at 37 23 mark 201 and -122 55 mark 465.

Kirk: Thank you, Sulu.

Kirk pulls out communicator, and speaks to Scotty, on Enterprise

Kirk: Scotty!

Scotty: Aye, sir?

Kirk: Scotty, beam us to 37 23 mark 201 and -122 55 mark 465.

Scotty: You'll be there in just a wee moment, Captain. Energize!

The crew fades out, ready to find another cache...

I'll second the Indiana Jones nomination. Where's Indiana Cojones? B)

Looking for fortune and glory, kid.

Someone mentioned Star Trek, but failed to mention Q. Being omnipotent, he could simply sign every log book without leaving the comfort of the captain's quarters.

And I realize he's not fictional, but Theodore Roosevelt came to mind.

Some Jedi off star wars.

They can convince cache owners to notify them of new placements right away. "you will call me with the coords. as you are done, you will call me with the coords. as you are done"

And one of those sabers would make quick work of any thorny plants B)

I think Dirk Pitt would make a great cacher and his side kick Al. He did find the Titanic.

:rolleyes:

OMG. I was just scrolling through to the end before posting this choice! w00t for Cussler!

The hardest cache ever: The Promised Land.

Took over a million people 40 years to find it!

But the best cacher ever has GOT to be Bruce Almight. Heck, if he can dig up Hoffa...

-T

I think Dirk Pitt would make a great cacher and his side kick Al. He did find the Titanic.

:rolleyes:

OMG. I was just scrolling through to the end before posting this choice! w00t for Cussler!

The hardest cache ever: The Promised Land.

Took over a million people 40 years to find it!

But the best cacher ever has GOT to be Bruce Almight. Heck, if he can dig up Hoffa...

-T

No wait, better idea.

CSI. They'll not only tell you where it is, they'll tell you who visited it, what they had for lunch, and which one is responsible for the body nearby.

-T

I think Dirk Pitt would make a great cacher...

Well, Dirk Pitt would certainly be a good choice, but how about Team NUMA? Some of the members would include Dirk, Al, Kurt, Joe, Admiral Sandecker, Gamay, and St. Julian Purlmetter (a must for puzzle caches).

And don't forget Clive himself. Although he's a real treasure hunter, he usually appears, fictionally, in his own books.

In case you're not familiar with Clive Cussler, he's a real life treasure hunter (and I'd bet he geocaches). :rolleyes::blink:

I think Dirk Pitt would make a great cacher...

Well, Dirk Pitt would certainly be a good choice, but how about Team NUMA? Some of the members would include Dirk, Al, Kurt, Joe, Admiral Sandecker, Gamay, and St. Julian Purlmetter (a must for puzzle caches).

...and Paul Trout.

Some of the machinery they use in the books would be great for those swimming/underwater caches.