Magellan Meridian

I just bought a Magellan Meridian Color and am wondering if like the Garmin you can download information about a chache directly into the gps. Also what is direct route, does it come with the gps? My final question is that do you have to buy all of the maps that you can put on the gps or are some free from a website? I would really appriciate all the help anyone can give.

I just bought a Magellan Meridian Color and am wondering if like the Garmin you can download information about a chache directly into the gps. Also what is direct route, does it come with the gps? My final question is that do you have to buy all of the maps that you can put on the gps or are some free from a website? I would really appriciate all the help anyone can give.

You bought it. You tell us. If you ordered it and haven't received it yet than your order form should have the contents of the order.

You can download waypoints using Easy GPS directly to your unit. Some don't like this program but it works for me. Direct Route is a program that will give you turn by turn directions. I have used it on several trips and it works great. For Geocaching I use MapSend Topo. Unfortunatly I don't think you can download them. Comp-U-Plus has a good price on Direct Route.

If you didn't get a serial cable with your unit, you should probably buy one. Just like others, use EasyGps to move coordinates from the pc to your Meridian. If you want detailed streets, then you will have to purchase Mapping software. You can use a card reader or just the serial cable to move maps from your computer to your Meridian.

I have the Meridian Gold and have had a lot good luck with it.

Good luck.

-Robert