Geocaching Event: May 22nd

CYBret

I just got a big box o prizes in the mail yesterday from Garmin. Some t-shirts, caps, drink holders and bumper stickers. Add that to a couple tents, some other caching gear, prizes from ClifBar and a few items made by area cachers and it looks like the prizes will be a plenty at The Finger Lake'n Good Event!

Just a reminder, if you're in the area and think you can make it we'd love to have you there!

Oh, and guys, the event is the SAME weekend as the nearby Raggedy Ann Festival in Arcola, IL....so drop the wife off there and come over for the real fun! <_<

Bret

Oh, and guys, the event is the SAME weekend as the nearby Raggedy Ann Festival in Arcola, IL....so drop the wife off there and come over for the real fun!

What?

Are you saying this event won't have any geobabes? Well count me out. I'm going to the Raggedy Ann festival.

Wow. Cool prizes. Wish I could be there, no kiddin.

Jamie

I have been to the festival, thank you! I would prefer to hang with "the guys" where the real fun is!

I'm with you! Having not only attended the festival but also having fought traffic through Arcola, I'd rather take a beating than see another red yarn wig! :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if anyone's coming to the event and you have to drive through Arcola, can you bring me a lemon shake up and some kettle corn?

Bret

Things are really starting to come together for the Finger Lake'n Good event! I'm absolutely amazed at the number of prizes we're going to have available. Not that spending the day in the company of like-minded cache-crazed individuals isn't reward enough, mind you! :(

Thanks to Team HONU, it looks like we're also going to have a special "ladies' cache" available. Being the grunting knuckle-dragger than I am, I'm out of the loop on this one, but the prizes sound pretty cool.

There's also going to be a kid's cache, poker run, afternoon "challenge caches" and possibly a night cache or two...sorta depends on when night starts.

If you're planning on coming, please be sure to indicate so on the cache page, it really helps us with the planning and preparation. I look forward to seeing you there!

Bret

Edited by CYBret

We're going to camp both Friday and Saturday nights. We've reserved FS-14. I am so excited! This will be our first cache event, can't wait to meet you all :D

Not sure what time we'll arrive Friday evening. I'm taking the afternoon off from work to pack the camper, and will leave as soon as my husband gets home. We're in Springfield, so it will take us at least a couple of hours I think.