"cool" Cache Container

Oh wow. I wonder how it got washed up on shore? I always thought that if you have your ashes scattered, they do just that....scatter ashes. Maybe if no family members are there to watch, they just toss the remains overboard, container and all?

Are you really going to use it for a cache container? It would be great for a cemetary cache, if the container isn't too large. On the other hand, if groundskeepers find it, it could cause a problem.

Maybe find some area with a haunted reputation.

Very unusual find.

GPSKitty

Spooky! So much for cremation or the Neptune Society! Look out now, you might be recycling someone's personality like the Twilight Zone episode Dead Man's Shoes. B) But this, I am told is different... there is only way to reverse the curse. You must utilize and place this as a cemetery cache, so his soul (and your conscience) can finally be at rest. Until then MMBOOWAHAHAHA! B) Don't worry, even if it gets muggled, it has moved on to a better place. :P

I also found someone's remains some time back:

April 29, 2001 by EraSeek (496 found)

Where do I begin with this one? What a story we have to tell! Unfortunately, I can only present the briefest of details here of this truely fascinating story. We found this cache this morning in a blizzard of snow, sleet, and a howling gale. Winter had returned in earnest. But before we found the cache, we found a bit more than we had bargained for. Another cache of sorts. If you find a finely crafted wood box on the mountain please leave it be. It contains the cremated remains of a fellow traveler. We of course replaced it in it's appointed spot with all due respect. Took survivor cards, and left $150.00 and a nose flute from the 'Other Side Of The Falls' cache. Make sure you seal the lid tight on this one, and do not overfill. Take something bulky, leave something thin or small.

At least those two made it into a box and were properly B) disposed of. I saw in yesterday's paper that there has been a $40 million settlement in the Rome, GA crematory fraud. That' the one where they were just throwing over 300 bodies into the swamp out back, and putting fireplace ashes and sand in the boxes for the families. We had a travel bug with some guy's uncle's ashes pass through here a while back.