Newbee With An Idea - Will It Work?

Team WestWind

Hi All, I am new to GC and had an idea for a Signature Item. It is along the lines of a Red Monkey and such and wanted to know if was reasonable/workable.

I have a son serving in the Marines who just started a tour of duty in Iraq. We are blessed in that he is "in the rear with the gear", and we get fairly regular Emails. Even though living is relatively soft compared to many of his brothers-in-arms, there is still not a lot of "fun" to be had.

I was thinking about leaving behind a picture of Mike at caches I find, requesting the next person to carry it to a new cache and if willing, send Mike a postcard to his FPO address (or an email?)

If I numbered the pictures, I might even be able to get some tracking info via email back to me.

I guess I could ride on a TB, but I dont want to invest in that yet (if I dont have to).

Is this reasonable? Is there a better idea ? Too much trouble to work?

Thanks In Advance.

Lee - Team WestWind

Nothing wrong with that. Here's an idea. Put stamped, pre-addressed post cards with Mike's address in caches. You can put his photo, a letter explaining what you are doing and a handful of postcards in a Ziploc and leave it in caches. Then people can write him a few words of thanks and drop it in the mailbox. I think that would be pretty cool.

I think your idea is great. If and when I get deployed, I would enjoy getting cards, letters, emails, etc. from people. Two questions--how much do you trust fellow cachers, and would you be comfortable posting his FPO and email here? If not, that's totally understandable, but it would give those of us from different areas an opportunity to send our support.

<snip>how much do you trust fellow cachers, and would you be comfortable posting his FPO and email here?  If not, that's totally understandable, but it would give those of us from different areas an opportunity to send our support.<unsnip>

Thanks for the strong support ... I will put my plan into action..

For those of you that might be interested and are remote to Pinellas County Florida, his mailing address is....

LCpl Michael Copp

HMM-261

UNIT 77051

FPOAE 09509-7051

or his email address is :

mikeNOSPAM@dittybag.net

Thanks in advance for your support

Lee - Team West WInd