Found It = Didn't Find It

I cached in Iceland, and I got the impression that any reviewer action of caches there was slow, and flexible. I vaguely seem to remember finding a cache in good condition (log in a glass jar) that had had some reports about it, but when I logged it and said the cache was good, the reviewer made the comment it appears that locals are looking after this.

• Upvote 1

Just noticed when looking at someones profile:

Traditional found in Belgium at date X

Virtual found in TX, USA at date X+1 (no other caches found the same day and not close to any airport, virtual is not a 'drive by')

Traditional found in Belgium at date X+3

4 hours ago, on4bam said:

Just noticed when looking at someones profile:

Traditional found in Belgium at date X

Virtual found in TX, USA at date X+1 (no other caches found the same day and not close to any airport, virtual is not a 'drive by')

Traditional found in Belgium at date X+3

Maybe it was a virtual cache requiring visiting a lot of places and this person just accomplished this in meantime.

I'm sure it could look similar in my case many times, as I log challenges, i.e., after 1 year of grabbing the cache, because I just managed to fulfill all requirements.

• Funny 1
6 minutes ago, sernikk said:

Maybe it was a virtual cache requiring visiting a lot of places and this person just accomplished this in meantime.

I'm sure it could look similar in my case many times, as I log challenges, i.e., after 1 year of grabbing the cache, because I just managed to fulfill all requirements.

Nope, a QTA at the location but answer can be found online too. 100% sure it was armchair logging.

Just took another look... logged two caches (Letterbox +EC) on the same day in New Zealand. A day before he was at an event in Belgium, a day later a trail in Belgium. Two months before, one find (traditional) in Indonesia where previous logs say the container is gone (NM + reviewer notes). Again the following day caches were found in Belgium. See the trend?

Looked a bit further. Busy 2 days logging caches in UK, Svalbard, Scotland, Greenland, Nunavit and Ontario Canada, Italy. All logged with just :D

• Surprised 1

a60e0bef-5bc8-44dc-b1ee-c1cd54cb0202_l.j

Premium Member

2.png30370

Found itFound it

Nov/21/2020

I went back to posted and found the "garland" and camo tape as indicated in the pictures so making use of that, I left a new container and log there! Thanks for the cache!

Edited by L0ne.R
1 hour ago, jaxzel said:

Is it ok for CO log their cache as found, or can they log the cache as found under an alias? 

Checked to make sure you weren't near me...   :)

A CO can't log their own cache as found.    Why would you want to ?  You know where it is...

- This was fixed by Groundspeak when some knuckleheads people were logging a Found It every time they did maintenance, and COs of "moving" caches weren't concerned with how they were being used (brought to events mostly...).

You could log it found with an alias I guess, but when word finally gets out, do you really want to be "that person" that everyone's making fun of at events ?  ;)

1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

Checked to make sure you weren't near me...   :)

A CO can't log their own cache as found.    Why would you want to ?  You know where it is...

- This was fixed by Groundspeak when some knuckleheads people were logging a Found It every time they did maintenance, and COs of "moving" caches weren't concerned with how they were being used (brought to events mostly...).

You could log it found with an alias I guess, but when word finally gets out, do you really want to be "that person" that everyone's making fun of at events ?  ;)

Ah perfect, thank you very much. Yeah this person is a bit of a knucklehead in my opinion. I was curious if this was normal behaviour of someone being a douche. I have been the first to find a number of his caches but when I open the log his alias is written on the first page.

The following post is on a local puzzle cache series.  A total off 22 "art" caches.  You have to figure the puzzles to get each cache and then the art map will be filled in with smilies.

So did this cacher figure out the puzzles?  Were the actual caches really missing?  Are there now a string of geotrash placed out there?  More throwdowns.  At least they didn't claim 'finds' for their throwdowns.

--------------------------------------------

prem_user.gifPremium Member

2.png2434

Didn't find itDidn't find it

10/25/2019

So (caching partner) and I have had our eyes on this geoart for a while. Today we finally made it. It included a tour of many gravel roads, crops and local farmers harvesting their crops today. We were disappointed that about half of this series were missing. We replaced as many containers and logs as we had with us, the rest we DNF'd. Most of the ones we found were wet and in poor shape. The whole series could use a little clean up. Nothing found here! Thanks for putting these out there and the smilies we did find!

Feb/22/2021 user 4 found it  
Line only

Feb/22/2021 user 3 found it  
Line...no container...

Feb/21/2021 user 2 found it  
Found fishing line container gone

Feb/20/2021 user 1  found it  
Found fish line but was broke no container

• Funny 2

Another cacher once went thru this pairs' list of finds and determined 12% of their finds are throwdowns they placed.  At least they admit they find their own throwdowns.  And they continue with this one.

(SLMO Area Cacher #1)

ch_user.gifCharter Member

2.png2422

Found itFound it

12/21/2016

Geocaching on a relatively warm Winter Solstice with (SLMO Cacher #2) on a trip toward (small town) IL.  we left a replacement cache in the logical spot. Signed log (#1) and (#2) for brevity. Good job. Thanks, (cache owner), for placing this cache. – (#1), St. Louis, MO.

(SLMO Cacher #2)

2.png20951

Found itFound it

12/21/2016
Geocaching with (SLMO Cacher #1) on a Winter Solstice trip to (small town), IL, logging caches as "(#1/#2)". We left an orange pill bottle replacement cache in the likely place at GZ. Thanks, (cache owner), for placing this cache! -- (#2), Saint Charles, MO

Apparently this pairs' throwdown didn't last.  2 years later another cacher found their throwdown they had just placed on the same cache.

---------------------------------

Throwdown cacher

2.png58

Found itFound it

04/09/2018

Pretty horses. Replaced cache where we figured it should go. SL. Swapped swag. TFTC!

Edited by Wadcutter