Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

:shocked: May 6 by RRRRRRRRR (6 found)

Found cache missing, owner said to go ahead and log it. I was with OTHERCACHER. Thanks.

[view this log on a separate page]

May 6 by CACHEOWNER (163 found)

Looks like the cache is missing, will replace soon

Edited by Criminal
:shocked: October 17, 2005 by QQQQQQQQQ (958 found)

OK, I found the frog but he was very secretive about providing the next set of coordinates. He wasn't sitting on them, they weren't inside, don't recall seeing any tatoos, and I didn't hear him utter a croak nor a peep. Can't really go on from here, unless some generous soul would like to help a brother out???? After the fact logging per owners instructions.

:shocked: September 14, 2005 by AAAAAAAA (255 found)

BBBBBB and I were in a daze with this cache. See his notes.

;) September 14, 2005 by BBBBBBB (353 found)

This is one more messed up cache. We visited the area on two different occassions, found the correct place according to the coordinates. The cache must have been muggled. We plan to count this as a find. I am emailing the owner with the correct answers and the exact spot of the cache. TNLN.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for the first log. They recognized one of their "Found It = Didn't Find It" posts I posted here before and wasn't happy...oh, well.

:rolleyes: May 20, 2005 by Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx (410 found)

Found a black round magnet at coordinates, must be the remnants. Probably a tough one with all the traffic. Thanks

:laughing: March 12, 2005 by Xxxxx Xxxxx-xx (335 found)

Found a black round magnet under 95968. Is this an old cache or the new one gone astray again?? I dont think black magnets just hang out here.

On the same cache:

:rolleyes: March 20, 2004 by Xxxxxxxx (1087 found)

After checking out the decoy, we found the right spot. We didn't actually find the cache itself, but did find parts of it. It looks like this cache is gone. We found an ink pen in the tree under some sticks. Also found a Susan B. Anthony on the ground below the tree. Could this be the one left on May 25, 2003??? The owners need to check on this one.

:laughing: May 21, 2004 by XXXX-x-XXX (142 found)

After months of driving past and not being able to stop, we finally did. Looked all over too, GPS within about 10', no cache. Looks like this one got plundered too!! At least I can say I got to stop!

:laughing: May 7 by CACHEOWNER (1898 found)

Logging a find since its archived

October 17, 2005 by CACHEOWNER] (1898 found)

This one has run it's course. So I'm archiving it. Thanks for your visits.

...uh....what?

Edited by Criminal
:rolleyes: May 7 by CACHEOWNER (1898 found)

Logging a find since its archived

October 17, 2005 by CACHEOWNER] (1898 found)

This one has run it's course. So I'm archiving it. Thanks for your visits.

...uh....what?

I would LOVE to hear the explanation for this one... :laughing:

April 4 by CACHEOWNER (171 found)

Cache may have gone missing. Will check on it ASAP

:laughing: April 2 by YYYYYYYYY (146 found)

Found where the cache should be but it had gone missing. Cache owner told us to log it as a find.

...woulda coulda shoulda...

:rolleyes: April 6 by PPPPPPPP (327 found)

Did the walk and searched in all the bushes and shrubs but it would seem that the cache holder has been nicked. There was an empty plastic bag under one of the rocks which could perhaps have been part of the cache.

:rolleyes: May 9 by NEWGUY (65 found)

Stopped on my way home from Cincinnati. I did a questionable thing today. I found the location with little difficulty. In the spirit of keeping things alive, I broke out the tape and camoflaged a Ziplock bag, inserted a sheet of paper and a couple of firemen. folded it up and placed it in the location. I figured this would do untill Doc has a chance to replace the cache. Doc, if you have any issue with me doing this, I appologize and will hold no hard feelings if you delete my log. I enjoyed the stop regardless.

If you can't find it, replace it!

:P May 9 by NEWGUY (65 found)

Stopped on my way home from Cincinnati. I did a questionable thing today. I found the location with little difficulty. In the spirit of keeping things alive, I broke out the tape and camoflaged a Ziplock bag, inserted a sheet of paper and a couple of firemen. folded it up and placed it in the location. I figured this would do untill Doc has a chance to replace the cache. Doc, if you have any issue with me doing this, I appologize and will hold no hard feelings if you delete my log. I enjoyed the stop regardless.

I admit it. it was me.

Thanks for trying to humiliate me, since I see you have nothing better to do at the moment.

This is also taken slightly out of context... GCRE7W

Thanks

-shammond

You may think you are joking, Criminal, but we have several cachers here on the East Coast who engage in that exact practice rather regularly, and there are some hilarious tales of a hide site ending up with two or three caches (usually micros or nanos), because one or more cache-find-hungry hunters placed replacement caches if the cache even appeared to be missing, and then logged a find on their replacement cache. :P One good friend of mine, who is a veteran cacher, seems to do this quite regularly (and also sometimes logs finds just for having made the effort, even though the cache was not found!) Now, I do not need to judge these people (and, as noted above, among them are friends of mine) for their behavior, but I sure do reserve the right to think it is a bit odd and very hilarious! As for my friends who do it, I hardly need to try to force my own point of view on them, as I am not a missionary nor a proselytizer nor a strong-arm enforcer, but I have no interest in engaging in such behaviors myself; rather, quite the opposite. I guess I have my values and they have theirs, and sometimes the twain may not meet. Well, I guess the geo community keeps trying to evolve the sport into all kinds of evolutionary directions, and some of those directions sure do appear very odd to me! :(;):P

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
:P May 9 by NEWGUY (65 found)

I admit it. it was me.

Thanks for trying to humiliate me, since I see you have nothing better to do at the moment.

This is also taken slightly out of context... GCRE7W

Thanks

-shammond

Uh….if I were trying to humiliate you I would have used your name, which I did not. The point of this thread is to point out the silliness of saying you ‘found’ something you did not. It’s such a simple process, find it, log a find, don’t find it, log a did not find. There’s nothing personal and you shouldn’t take it that way.

This one was sent to me via email.

Last logged find was on Valentines day, February 14. Then over the next three months there are nine DNFs posted. And then this:

<_< May 9 by CACHER(43 found)

The container is gone although I did leave a N.H. Village pin under a rock. There is still something there that is still worth the effort to find. I did e-mail the owner of the cache and offered a suggestion to make this site a Virtual site. The view are incredible.

Sorry, that are a DNF.

Jamie

:tired: May 3 by LLLLLLLLLLL (577 found)

logged by permission, cache was....trimmed a bit too closely! thanks!

<_< April 30 by MMMMMMMMM (325 found)

By permission - I am logging this as a find. Thanks.

:o May 7 by PPPPPPPPPP (260 found)

Hubby found this one got permission from the owner to go ahead and claim a find. We were in town for his 2 weeks of R&R. Nice cache loved the smell of the garden and loved seeing all the herbs and veggies growing. Thanks!

April 29 by CACHEOWNER (257 found)

Maintenance is needed apparently. I'll get to it Monday.

L'Oreo

:ph34r: April 22 ,2006 by yyyyyy (2142 found)

The cache had been muggled, probably by a squirrel. Fortunately, the author was there and gave permission to log the geocache. Thanks.

This cacher has 'found' more caches than me but I'm proud of my smaller numbers... A honest history of enjoying Geocaching with the numbers only reflecting my love of this 'sport' and what I truly have enjoyed finding.

:mad: February 25 by XXXxxxXXxxXx (352 found)

Well, we found the sssss rrrr okay, and even found the location of where the cache should have been. But it was gone, nowhere to be found. We're claiming it anyway. We'd have replaced it, if we had anything with us, but couldn't help you out, xx.

:mad: March 2 by CCCCCCC (142 found)

1530 hrs. Unless I found the wrong thing, this cache has ben muggled. It was certainly sssss and had an indentation in the filling for a small cache hide. This one needs some maintenance. TN LN NL TFCH

:o March 5 by BBBBBBBBBBB (510 found)

YYY. spotted this one. I asked if he was sure and once I saw it there could be no mistake. As the previous logs state, there was no container or log. I happened to have a match container with a log in my pack so I left it and a small indian bead that I found on the trail.

I won't judge how another does it, but to me those would have been DNF's.

:( May 16 by CACHEOWNER (273 found)

CACHERX found this cache in good shape so we will bring it back on line.

May 15 by CACHERX (903 found)

Went to this cache last night and it is still in the same place it was when we origanally found it. No need to archive it.

May 15 by CACHEOWNER (273 found)

When I went to check on this one we could not find it. I will try and re-set it one day.

:( May 15 by BBBBBBB (352 found)

We are from out of town, I got a film container at another cache in the area, Put a log in it and taped it to where it should have been, I tried to help you out by doing this, When I printed the sheet you said that you wound have back up in a couple of weeks.

Sheesh... :(

What do you do when you get to the cache area and find construction has leveled everything? Claim a find!

:( April 29 by ZZZZZZZ (61 found)

Tried to access this cache but as you can see it is going through a make over. Traveling with the traveling duo from Georgia.

:ph34r: May 8 by UUUUUUUU (142 found)

CACHEOWNER says we were at the right place and to log this as a find. Thanks CACHEOWNER, sure hope whoever did this doesn't do this to any more caches.

Close enough....

:laughing: May 18 by zzzzzzzz (2729 found)

I was sure where stage one was but couldn't spot it. I called the Wyoming Parks and Recreation Deptartment to verify that it was missing and it was. He gave me the coordinates for stage 2. After getting within 200 feet of the next stage, I realized I was on the wrong side of the lake. My GPSr's map was wrong! After finding the right spot, I couldn't find stage 2 either. Another call to the Parks Dept verified that it was missing. I got the coordinates for the cache and off I went. Again, no cache. Another call. The cache was indeed missing, just like the earlier stages. After all that effort and about a mile and a half of hiking, I'm counting this one as a find even though there wasn't a log book to sign. When it's replaced, I'll come back and sign it.

Hey, it's all about the effort. :rolleyes:

Please, everyone, go out and cache and have fun and stop worrying what other people do.

What prompted me to write this is the death of motogrrl last Tuesday. She died in a tragic motorcycle accident and may have been out caching as her friends don't know what else may have had her out in the area where the accident occured.

She was organizing an event for this morning (GCVGKY). It was still held and became a memorial to her.

Live every day like it is your last, because it just may be.

Please, everyone, go out and cache and have fun and stop worrying what other people do.

What prompted me to write this is the death of motogrrl last Tuesday. She died in a tragic motorcycle accident and may have been out caching as her friends don't know what else may have had her out in the area where the accident occured.

She was organizing an event for this morning (GCVGKY). It was still held and became a memorial to her.

Live every day like it is your last, because it just may be.

I'm very sorry to hear about motorgrrl, but perhaps you should stop worrying about what other people are doing in this thread and go out and cache and have some fun.

...perhaps you should stop worrying about what other people are doing in this thread and go out and cache and have some fun.

Perhaps you should stop worrying about other people worrying about what other people are doing in this thread and go out and cache and have some fun.

NOTE: I'm not worrying about briansnat's worrying. :cry:

I see nothing wrong if you were the one that found out the cache was missing and the owner says to log it anyways. Happened to me once.I logged it and the owner archived it after i did.

But you didn't find it. You didn't sign a log. Therefore you didn't get a find. This isn't rocket science.

I see nothing wrong if you were the one that found out the cache was missing and the owner says to log it anyways. Happened to me once.I logged it and the owner archived it after i did.

But you didn't find it. You didn't sign a log. Therefore you didn't get a find. This isn't rocket science.

Agreed! Thanks for saying this once again! I am ever fascinated by the whole new wave of interpretations of a "Find" -- none of which involve in the slightest the finding of the physical cache container and signing the logbook -- which I have seen emerging over the past year or so! :):cry:

BTW, it was nice meeting you at the CAM2006 event a few weekends ago! Thanks!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
:laughing: May 24 by some Cacher (134 found)

Found this one with no trouble. Signed log, took geopin, left new matchbox car

oh...sorry, they just found that one, no serious crime committed...

Edited by NFA

somebody once logged a find on a cache of mine in the wrong location, but when i went out to check on the cache I found that somebody had hidden a "replacement cache" when they couldn't find it a couple of months earlier...so I had 2 cache containers in one location...did the people logged in the 2nd container falsely log a "found it" or not?

I would have to say that it is your fault for not removing the replacement cache earlier. They found a cache at the proper location, and signed the log.

How would you have known...nobody posted that they had replaced the cache...so you would have just intuited that the cache had been replaced? You're pretty good.

Jamie - NFA

:ph34r: March 5 by BADCACHER (252 found)

Found the lid but no container.

<DNF>February 14 by GOODCACHER (76 found)

THIS CACHE IS MISSING. WE FOUND THE LID BUT THE CONTAINER IS GONE.

I thought we were looking for geocaches. :ph34r:

:ph34r: May 25 by CHEATER (886 found)

So I can't sleep anymore...in the dark house with nothing to do but solve puzzles I stared at this one for a long time then it occured to me that this might have something to do with my childhood. AhHa, puzzle solved, verified with CACHEOWNER who gave me permission to log a find for the puzzle solution. Thanks, now I am sleepy! [view this log on a separate page]

Why leave the house? :ph34r:

:( September 5, 2005 by XXXXXXXXX (233 found)

Same thing as with the TB Hospitality cache. It was active in the PQ and hunted with BigE for quite awhile. With permission of the owner I can log it now though (9/11)

[This entry was edited by XXXXXXXXXX on Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 2:19:48 PM.]

<_< September 5, 2005 by YYYYYYY (810 found)

Ok, again I got this cache listed as active in my PQ... don't know what happened. Spent about 30 minutes looking for this one and came up with nothing. If owner allows, would like to log as a find.

Owner allowed :lol:[This entry was edited by YYYYYYYY on Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 7:14:02 AM.]