Sign in to follow this  
Followers 45
Jamie Z

Found It = Didn't Find It

2 hours ago, Elektrazz said:

I have seen a rather experienced cacher log that they were at a cache.  I was at this cache after.  I did not see the log entry.  I thought perhaps they forgot.  this happened several times.  I wont confront them but it seems a bit strange to me as to why they would go and then not log???

They weren't at the cache, they just logged online to get the added smiley.  I've seen it happen several times, usually by those with higher (10,000+) find counts.  Makes me wonder about their real find count.

After 3 DNFs over 8 months:

prem_user.gifPremium Member

2.png14170

Found it Found it
06/19/2018

I couldn't find anything either & Since this is so far out & has multiple DNFs I decided to replace this. If this is not OK please contact me.

Followed by--from the CO who no longer lives in this hemisphere:

2.png11767

Owner Maintenance Owner Maintenance
06/20/2018

Thank you, {throwdowner}  for replacing the container. :-)

Jun/30/2018 Needs Archived  ZipTier# 7
This geocacher reported that this geocache should be archived. A community volunteer reviewer has been notified.

Jun/30/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 8
Cachin w frends

Jun/30/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 7
Up from Tampa visiting Family. Grabbing some caches with username

Jun/30/2018 Needs Archived  ZipTier# 6
 This geocacher reported that this geocache should be archived. A community volunteer reviewer has been notified.

Jun/30/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 6
Zip tie there cache is not

Jun/17/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 5
Pack ###

Jun/17/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 4
Foundw  Pack ###  Was missing

Jun/17/2018 Found it Zip Tier# 3
Missing.. ziptie present. Cache not

Feb/11/2018 Needs Maintenance  Tier# 2
 Needs some owner attention.

Feb/11/2018 Found it Tier# 2
Also found the zip tie, but the cache container is still missing.

Feb/03/2018 Didn't find it Geocacher
zip tie on tree nothing else

Nov/17/2017 Found it!  Zip Tier# 1
 Found a lot of nice caches today   Thks for the hide.

Nov/11/2017 Didn't find it Geocacher
 Found zip tie; Cache missing.

I have a geocaching account since 2012 but have not logged any find because of the scarcity of caches in the Philippines.

When I went to visit here in Finland, I was delighted to see the map almost full of them.

I went on to go to the first cache nearest to my hotel and I was at ground zero already but I can't find anything (except a sleeping bird).

Hint says "magnetic", to which I assumed it was the ticket vendo machine where "magnetic striped" credit cards are used. I checked the vendo still can't find it.

Roamed around at both levels (the other side of the fence was higher ground) but still can't find it. After a good 1 hour of looking I logged it as DNF with a message that I will come back for it. I looked at my map for another cache and found my first ever. The find in itself is satisfying, of course the places where the caches are hidden are usually a good experience in itself but still it is the actual finding of the cache that I enjoy the most. After I got more and more caches even challenging ones, I come back to this cache and finally found it. Guess where? It's where the bird was sleeping. :) The bird was covering my view to the cache container.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, K13 said:

They weren't at the cache, they just logged online to get the added smiley.  I've seen it happen several times, usually by those with higher (10,000+) find counts.  Makes me wonder about their real find count.

One high 'find' Australian cacher immediately sprang to mind when I read that. I don't think they have ever written anything about a cache; just another generic log. I have also failed to see their name on the log.

2.png19

Found it Found it
07/05/2018

Found contents (sunglasses, lighter) no container

2.png19

Didn't find it Didn't find it
07/05/2018

Found the contents (glasses and lighter) but no container

Found it Found it

I think the box has now gone missing. But I did find this in the spot! TFTC

4004fe5b-5096-447e-aa51-44ab5a4eac70_l.j

Now I have a contribution on this type of log as I have seen one when checking caches near me (logging as found but admitting in the log details as did not actually finding the cache but just got to GZ):

Found it Found it
11/Jun/2016

I did not have this cache on my travel plan, as it seemed to be far off and doesn't have good records.
But today I was visiting Pagsanjan Falls together with innovared, and so we were just around the corner and decided to take a small detour to visit this cache.
At first, we suspected another sideroad from the main road and walked a steep way down to the river, bringing us further away from GZ but to a beautiful spot.
Then we got the right turn and arrived at a deserted resort area. 
Quickly after getting out of the car, someone turned up and clearly stated that no photos are allowed.
We didn't want to get into any discussion and left the spot.

Anyway, as we tried our best to find the box, and given the remoteness of this place, we decided to log this still as a "found".

And here's another one from the same cache. Looks like it is quite common to those with high find counts.

Found it Found it
23/May/2015

We planned the trip to Pagsanjan/Cavinti Falls for quite some time. But only yesterday did I look on the GC map and was positively surprised: There is a cache to be found.
On our way back from the falls, I was able to convice my party to make a little stop. We searched the area but did not find the container. However, I dare to log as find as I have been "here".

Maraming salamat for the nice surprise along the way to/from the falls.