Followers 43
Jamie Z

Found It = Didn't Find It

3467 posts in this topic

Owner Maintenance Owner Maintenance
October/2017

Cache replaced. DNFers may log finds

------------

Perhaps the owner could have replaced the cache in 2015 when the DNFs started to come in, instead of encouraging people who did not find the cache to log a find. <_<

Edited by L0ne.R
Turns out it was 2015 and not 2016 when the cache went missing

Found it Jan/24/2017 6 for 8

Didn't find it Nov/05/2016 Nothing found. Not many places to be hidden. Not even the magnet that has been mentioned. Think this one is gone.

Found it Mar/14/2015  yeah, needs maintenance big time.

Found it Jul/22/2014 Not found

Found it Jun/15/2014 Found it...just the magnet like previously mentioned

Needs Maintenance Jun/01/2014 Just the magnet here buddy

Found it Jun/01/2014 I found the magnet and some tape but no sign of the original Chahe needs maintenance

Found it Mar/16/2014 Thx! Your cache needs some maintenance. We found the cache taped around the bottom of the pole with black electric tape. I'm sure you didn't mean this as cache hide itself

Found it Feb/24/2014 That’s one more find for me! Thanks so much for hiding this geocache.

Archive 13/11/2017 By CO (Found=0 Hidden=3)

Temporarily Disable Listing 13/11/2017 By CO (Found=0 Hidden=3

Needs Maintenance 1/11/2017 By aaa (Found=12454)

Straps still there but no cache

Found it 24/10/2017 By bbb (Found=4956)
TFTC

Didn't find it 22/10/2017 By ccc (Found=2851)
DNF (includes photo of straps that held the cache)

Didn't find it 14/10/2017 By ddd (Found=225)
Found the straps

Didn't find it 14/10/2017 By eee (Found=461)
DNF

reg_user.gifMember found.png

Didn't find it Didn't find it
06/14/2017

Some one took it because it wasn't there

reg_user.gifMember found.png

Found it Found it
06/14/2017

It was easy

Same person, same day.

No counting a cache unless you open the cache and sign the log, even if you have to sign with a twig because you forgot a pen! I had to DNF a cache three times before I got my husband to carry a ladder about half a mile, cause I am vertically challenged.

Karma?

(5 NMs, cache owner hasn't logged in since 2015. The throwdown guy wasn't good at taking care of his own cache, it was archived by a reviewer.)

Throwdowner

prem_user.gifPremium Member

found.png993

Found it Found it

Found the remains of the cache and replaced with a new container, log book and swag. Once I found the damaged cache, I decided to replace it. All the contents were wet and the logbook ruined.

I opened the trunk of my car, and dumped my caching bag in, and began to build the new container.

Leaving the trunk open, I went to GZ and replaced the cache. I stood up, feeling very proud to help a fellow cacher out and as I walked towards the car, a gust of wind came up and closed my car's trunk. ...... with my car keys inside.

A small panic attack, and I realized that I had my phone. I phoned the cabin Resort and explained my dilemma. The owner sent her daughter to rescue me with a coat hanger and CAA card.

The hanger wouldn't fit, so CAA to the rescue. After an hour, he arrived, opened the door and all was good.

So, needless to say, a memorable cache for me.

Found it Found it
12/10/2017

No luck. I dug around in the snow, then double checked the attributes, and searched in a different spot or two or three or . . . at the point that my gloves were soaked, I gave up. :(

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png4182 

Found it Found it 07/09/2015

TFTC . The container was missing but we replaced it.

prem_user.gifPremium Member

found.png13692

Found it Found it 09/26/2017

Logging this as found with the permission of the CO since the cache was missing.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png3618 

Found it Found it 02/16/2017

Trees & limbs cut down. Owner says take a smiley.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png6027 

Didn't find it Didn't find it 03/27/2015

Found chirp, followed chirp to coords....um tree gone.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png4171 

Found it Found it 03/29/2015

Logging with CO's permission. 
Downloaded ANT+ on my smartphone and was able to get the chirp to work quickly. Got the info downloaded and headed to GZ, where we found.....no tree. Where on earth is the tree? Took a pic at GZ and sent it to CO. Chirp worked great, tree did not cooperate. This was fun!

I don't know why Antarctica caches are all 5T, they seem super easy to do.

Found it Found it
12/8/2014

I asked a scientist friend who is currently working on the station, if, during his mission, he had a little time to find the cache 'zero emission'.
He said to me : "Quickly found... just with a small description and a few photos. What was funny was that another scientist on the station was also looking for the cache for another belgian geocacher   (+2700 finds)

Found it Found it
11/24/2017

Found it with google maps. Maybe one day I’ll find it IRL.

prem_user.gifPremium Member  found.png5537 

Found it Found it 10/15/2017

Cache was gone. Replaced with pill bottle and log. SL

Found it Found it
08/28/2004

Had a similar experience to the previous log but add thousands of mosquitos.
We really dove into the brush, forsaking any fear of the poison ivy, and still didnt find it. Maybe its gone?

Found it Found it
11/01/2004

I so much would love to have logged this as a find but the cache seems to have been muggled, we found a white lid, and plastic baggie with hair ribbons. the walk was beautiful, picked some rosehips for tea on the walk back. We believe the cache is gone and now getting home to NJ and reading the logs were sure it was not there. will post pictures soon. I am positive we were in the right place well send pics to the owner, asking to post that smiley if the cache is indeed not there. Thanks for bringing us here. Unfortunately we can not get back from jersey at least for a year or so. We were going to leave a jeep 4x4 but could not.

Found it Found it

From reading logs prior to hiking out here, I knew that this one had a good possibility of being missing, so I had a spare container and log with me. At GZ I searched at 5 feet, but found nothing. So I also looked on the ground in case it had fallen, but again, found nothing. So I placed my replacement container at 5 feet.

Last found in 2015.

Found it  Jan/10/2018  USER        

A drive to Reddington , Madeira and St-Petersburg beaches, on a beautiful sunny day with a 22C wow!!!!!! it’s beat the-22C .icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif Favorites are given here and there .icon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif All caches were found and in good conditions. Thank you to all CO for the work done.icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

we replaced this cache for the CO

Archive  Jan/01/201 REVIEWER        

No response from owner.
Archiving listing.

Temporarily Disable Listing  Nov/12/2017 REVIEWER        

Greetings from a volunteer reviewer. Based on information in the logs, your listing has been disabled.

At a minimum, you need to post a log to the cache page within the next month, to let the community know that you intend to check on the cache. If no log is posted by the cache owner, the listing may be archived (permanently retired) by a reviewer.

Please check the cache and repair, replace or move as needed. Then:

• Enable the listing
  • Post an Owner Maintenance log to remove the Needs Maintenance attribute icon if present
  • If necessary, use an "Update coordinates" log to edit the cache coords.

Archive the listing if you no longer wish to own it.
Archive, Enable, Owner Maintenance and Update Coordinates are all log types available to cache owners.

Needs Archived  Nov/12/2017 User        

This geocacher reported that this geocache should be archived. A community volunteer reviewer has been notified.

Write note  Nov/12/2017  User        

9 DNF's posted since last found May 2017. No response from CO.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Angry crabs. They can be quite menacing.

Found it Found it
03/21/2017

Stopped in for a gas and go and decided to go looking for this one. Had to remember from memory as there is no cell service here. Was unable to retrieve log due to some angry looking crabs upset with me for disturbing them. Been awhile coming but I've finally logged a cache in ----. TFTC.