Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

2 hours ago, Elektrazz said:

I have seen a rather experienced cacher log that they were at a cache.  I was at this cache after.  I did not see the log entry.  I thought perhaps they forgot.  this happened several times.  I wont confront them but it seems a bit strange to me as to why they would go and then not log???

They weren't at the cache, they just logged online to get the added smiley.  I've seen it happen several times, usually by those with higher (10,000+) find counts.  Makes me wonder about their real find count.

After 3 DNFs over 8 months:

prem_user.gifPremium Member

2.png14170

Found it Found it
06/19/2018

I couldn't find anything either & Since this is so far out & has multiple DNFs I decided to replace this. If this is not OK please contact me.

Followed by--from the CO who no longer lives in this hemisphere:

2.png11767

Owner Maintenance Owner Maintenance
06/20/2018

Thank you, {throwdowner}  for replacing the container. :-)

Jun/30/2018 Needs Archived  ZipTier# 7
This geocacher reported that this geocache should be archived. A community volunteer reviewer has been notified.

Jun/30/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 8
Cachin w frends

Jun/30/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 7
Up from Tampa visiting Family. Grabbing some caches with username

Jun/30/2018 Needs Archived  ZipTier# 6
 This geocacher reported that this geocache should be archived. A community volunteer reviewer has been notified.

Jun/30/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 6
Zip tie there cache is not

Jun/17/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 5
Pack ###

Jun/17/2018 Found it! Zip Tier# 4
Foundw  Pack ###  Was missing

Jun/17/2018 Found it Zip Tier# 3
Missing.. ziptie present. Cache not

Feb/11/2018 Needs Maintenance  Tier# 2
 Needs some owner attention.

Feb/11/2018 Found it Tier# 2
Also found the zip tie, but the cache container is still missing.

Feb/03/2018 Didn't find it Geocacher
zip tie on tree nothing else

Nov/17/2017 Found it!  Zip Tier# 1
 Found a lot of nice caches today   Thks for the hide.

Nov/11/2017 Didn't find it Geocacher
 Found zip tie; Cache missing.

I have a geocaching account since 2012 but have not logged any find because of the scarcity of caches in the Philippines.

When I went to visit here in Finland, I was delighted to see the map almost full of them.

I went on to go to the first cache nearest to my hotel and I was at ground zero already but I can't find anything (except a sleeping bird).

Hint says "magnetic", to which I assumed it was the ticket vendo machine where "magnetic striped" credit cards are used. I checked the vendo still can't find it.

Roamed around at both levels (the other side of the fence was higher ground) but still can't find it. After a good 1 hour of looking I logged it as DNF with a message that I will come back for it. I looked at my map for another cache and found my first ever. The find in itself is satisfying, of course the places where the caches are hidden are usually a good experience in itself but still it is the actual finding of the cache that I enjoy the most. After I got more and more caches even challenging ones, I come back to this cache and finally found it. Guess where? It's where the bird was sleeping. :) The bird was covering my view to the cache container.

• Upvote 1
On 6/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, K13 said:

They weren't at the cache, they just logged online to get the added smiley.  I've seen it happen several times, usually by those with higher (10,000+) find counts.  Makes me wonder about their real find count.

One high 'find' Australian cacher immediately sprang to mind when I read that. I don't think they have ever written anything about a cache; just another generic log. I have also failed to see their name on the log.

Now I have a contribution on this type of log as I have seen one when checking caches near me (logging as found but admitting in the log details as did not actually finding the cache but just got to GZ):

Found it Found it
11/Jun/2016

I did not have this cache on my travel plan, as it seemed to be far off and doesn't have good records.
But today I was visiting Pagsanjan Falls together with innovared, and so we were just around the corner and decided to take a small detour to visit this cache.
At first, we suspected another sideroad from the main road and walked a steep way down to the river, bringing us further away from GZ but to a beautiful spot.
Then we got the right turn and arrived at a deserted resort area. 
Quickly after getting out of the car, someone turned up and clearly stated that no photos are allowed.
We didn't want to get into any discussion and left the spot.

Anyway, as we tried our best to find the box, and given the remoteness of this place, we decided to log this still as a "found".

And here's another one from the same cache. Looks like it is quite common to those with high find counts.

Found it Found it
23/May/2015

We planned the trip to Pagsanjan/Cavinti Falls for quite some time. But only yesterday did I look on the GC map and was positively surprised: There is a cache to be found.
On our way back from the falls, I was able to convice my party to make a little stop. We searched the area but did not find the container. However, I dare to log as find as I have been "here".

Maraming salamat for the nice surprise along the way to/from the falls.

2.png30374

Found it Found it
07/21/2018

Caching in [edited] grabbing what I can. My Log marked with a Circled "[edited]" . Thanks for all the caches an providing fun for us. My public profile will show that I have completed 12 Fizzys
Due to the previous string of DNF's I replaced with a centrifuge tube.

• Surprised 1

Archived 22/7/2018 By owner
Because I moved house, the cache is removed

Found it 22/7/2018 By cacher (Found=6579 )

Walking with walking club today. Took the opportunity to log a few caches

Found it even though it's Temp. Disabled

Temp Disabled 17/7/2018 By owner
Cache is gone

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png1719

Found it Found it 08/02/2018

Big dead ponderosa pine has fallen right at the GZ and from previous logs, no one has found this one for a few years, so being good cachers, (and wanting a smiley), we've replaced this cache with the container in the attached photo, so cache is findable again! Thanks for the initial placement.

2.png3838

Found it Found it
19/07/2018

as the other cachers told, therefor was only the old rest of a thin line. We Made a Photo with our GPS and the original Koordinates. It was a beautiful experience on the xxxxx.Thanks fore showing.

2.png362

Found it Found it
12/07/2018

One local dealer there told us, that the railing was newly painted. So the box was removed. But I found the place where it was hidden...
My first stay in xxxxx and my first Cache there ?

2.png3898

Found it Found it
11/07/2018

Well, we found the empty fishing line like the last couple of finders. Visiting from Oregon in USA.

2.png7072

Found it Found it
21/06/2018

First cache in xxxxxx...amazing view....thanks for placing and bringing me here....TFTC!!!

2.png2898

Found it Found it
19/06/2018

Not technically a find as the container was not present! We found the fishing wire and a local Hawker informed us a German lady had dropped the container into the valley 2 days previous. After running the risk with xxxxxxxxxxxxx I believe we deserve to be allowed to claim this one. TFTC

On 6/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, K13 said:

Not the case with IMSpider. I saw that he had over 100,000 caches and I couldn't believe it.  Went out to the cache and sure enough found his stamp. So amazed!

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png3125 

Owner MaintenanceOwner Maintenance. 08/11/2018

Replaced damaged container. From the looks of the container, I'd have to say that it was much longer than 3 days since the last find. The lid and the log were both missing and the host container was partly buried in mud, looking very much like a dead animal. Strange that none of this was mentioned in the last log.

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png18830 

Found itFound it. 08/08/2018

Thanks for the quick park and grab. Along I-25

2.png5608

Temporarily Disable ListingTemporarily Disable Listing

06/08/2018

Lots of DNFs, will check out soon

reg_user.gifMember

2.png1068

Found itFound it

05/08/2018

This cache is missing and have notified the CO
Have marked as found as I wish to complete the smiley heart series without the need to return here. But I did locate the obvious only spot where it should have been. Thanks .

2.png148

12/08/2018

Will check it out and replace if necessary

Premium Member

2.png65

Didn't find itDidn't find it

29/07/2018

A family of geocachers who found this one a year ago ran into us gave us help looking, but we still could not find it :(

2.png77

17/06/2018

Did our best, but a few muggles in the beach DNF

10/06/2018

Didn't find it, or the Joe Blake. Perhaps the JB swallowed the cache in retribution for the previously mentioned attack ...

2.png194

Found itFound it

18/05/2018

Tftc

reg_user.gifMember 

2.png36

Found itFound it

19/04/2018

Found but didn't go near it. There was a Joe Blake having a sleep just next to it so we threw banksia men at it instead and that was good for a laugh.

reg_user.gifMember 

2.png124

Found itFound it

11/08/2018

Cerrado x el festival
Llegué hasta él, pero no.pude fiar

2.png4818

09/08/2018

Looks like a date has been provided for when it opens again.

I'll disable just now until August 23rd.

2.png24

09/08/2018

Both entrances are closed until Aug. 23rd.

reg_user.gifMember

2.png91

08/08/2018

...doors were closed!

2.png1769

Write noteWrite note

04/08/2018

Really wanted to get this one, but sadly no access with the grounds closed off for festival.

this is bizarre to me - when we started we never saw this but these days we do - someone didn't find the cache but claims a find because "if it was there they would have found it" - maybe you wouldn't have found it because it's harder than just being at the right spot, maybe it was there and you missed it - no cache no smiley  

CacherX, Sept 1, Write Note:

Pretty sure I am at the right spot might be gone. Broken pieces of green plastic on the ground.

CacherX, Sept 1, DNF:

Found broken pieces of plastic near GZ.

CacherX, Sept 2, Found It:

Enjoyed beautiful walk out before getting the kids ready for back to school

CO, Sept 3, Archive:

It seems the container has been discovered and broken. Sadly, Doggy1 is blind and lame now and no longer enjoys a visit to the dog park, and Doggy2 is afraid of new people and runs away so I no longer go there. Thanks to all who visited.

Possibly the CO let CacherX log the find, but still...

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png2898

Found itFound it 08/30/2018

Thanks for the nice puzzle cache. Was in the area and stopped to check this one out. I wasn't able to track down a container in the likely spot and expanded a bit to see if maybe it had been misplaced. No luck. I had a spare container and log and left it at the most likely spot. For the next person to visit I might suggest bringing some wasp spray or wait until winter. the area is pretty full of nests.

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png3142

Didn't find itDidn't find it 07/23/2017

Solved the puzzle, but didn't find the cache.

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png198

Write noteWrite note 01/07/2017

Found the wasp nest but no cache..... maybe on a less snowy day?

06 Sep 18 on4bam [Caches Found] 8593
Write note

Even stranger obvious fake founds are not deleted ;)

------------

02 Sep 18 Owner [Caches Found] 5249
Archive

Too bad, replaced the cache 2 times already but it keeps disappearing

Strange someone "found it" yesterday while I already noticed the cache was gone the day before

----------

01 Sep 18 Premium Member [Caches Found] 19433
Found it

Took the opportunity to to find some caches in this area. Met a few other teams.

Thanks to all CO's for this day with many finds

---------------

01 Sep 18 on4bam [Caches Found] 8593
Didn't find it

Green checker but no luck.

-------------

19 Jul 18 Owner Maintenance [Caches Found] 5249

Enable Listing

New logbook placed

how ca  you even mark a "Found it" on a caché that hasn´t been published...time travelling?

icon_admin.gifReviewer

Publish ListingPublish Listing

03/04/2018

Published 

Found itFound it

01/08/2016

I know, that's not the right one, but I know, that I founded two other caches in Cadiz. One next to Torre Tavira and one next to a plaza behind a traffic sign. Unfortunately, right now I can't see these caches on the map.

there are several more fake locks on that one AFTER the owner disabled it because a geocacher posted he took the cache with him. i feel sorry for the CO.

42 minutes ago, 3_KäseHoch said:

how ca  you even mark a "Found it" on a caché that hasn´t been published...time travelling?

We see this occasionally. Caches found during an event (GPX available at the event but only published AFTER the event ends) or cachers doing a "test run" for the CO before the cache is published. Seems none of these explanations are the case here.

8 hours ago, 3_KäseHoch said:

icon_admin.gifReviewer

Publish ListingPublish Listing

03/04/2018

Published 

Found itFound it

01/08/2016

I know, that's not the right one, but I know, that I founded two other caches in Cadiz. One next to Torre Tavira and one next to a plaza behind a traffic sign. Unfortunately, right now I can't see these caches on the map.

there are several more fake locks on that one AFTER the owner disabled it because a geocacher posted he took the cache with him. i feel sorry for the CO.

It might not be a fake log, but just fat fingers getting in the way of a correct date. I have done that before when logging late and have seen other I know do it as well.

Tail end of a log from a cacher with almost 12,000 finds.

The original cache was there all along. Part of a unique international cache series.

2.png11952

Found itFound it

22/08/2018 Since the geocache seems to got lost, I didn't search too long (although I looked on the possible locations, but I didn't have a spoiler picture icon_smile_blackeye.gif). So I placed a new micro in the tree.

Thanks for this fun hunt!

Found itFound it 09/07/2018

Needs maintenance- nice spot

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png18406 

Found itFound it 09/03/2018

GC72FP9. We found it, but it is sorely in need of maintenance. One raggedy log, nothing else. TFTH. Sl. 

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png951 

Found itFound it 08/22/2018

Great find but Container was missing only log in hole! Had no container with. I'm visiting from Oregon to see family. And out caching

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png5394 

Found itFound it 08/20/2018

I found the item in the hint just fine and inserted a new piece of paper for a temp log sheet. Hope that’s ok! 

reg_user.gifMember 2.png147 

Didn't find itDidn't find it 08/16/2018

After a very hot, sweaty search I found the hole but no cache. CO might want to check on this one.

reg_user.gifMember  2.png143 

Didn't find itDidn't find it 08/06/2018

It was easy to find but no cache??? 

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png152 

Didn't find itDidn't find it 07/28/2018

Found spot but no cache. 

6 hours ago, NanCycle said:

Found itFound it 09/07/2018

Needs maintenance- nice spot

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png18406 

Found itFound it 09/03/2018

GC72FP9. We found it, but it is sorely in need of maintenance. One raggedy log, nothing else. TFTH. Sl. 

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png951 

Found itFound it 08/22/2018

Great find but Container was missing only log in hole! Had no container with. I'm visiting from Oregon to see family. And out caching

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png5394 

Found itFound it 08/20/2018

I found the item in the hint just fine and inserted a new piece of paper for a temp log sheet. Hope that’s ok! 

reg_user.gifMember 2.png147 

Didn't find itDidn't find it 08/16/2018

After a very hot, sweaty search I found the hole but no cache. CO might want to check on this one.

reg_user.gifMember  2.png143 

Didn't find itDidn't find it 08/06/2018

It was easy to find but no cache??? 

prem_user.gifPremium Member  2.png152 

Didn't find itDidn't find it 07/28/2018

Found spot but no cache. 

Hmmm. A throwdown log???

Archived 12/9/2018 By reviewer
Since there is no reaction from the CO this cache is now archived.

Found it 12/8/2018 By hhhhh (Found=1987 Hidden=20, as of 18/9/2018)

Cache seems to be gone, we only found a broken fixture so we found where it was hidden. We log this as found
TFTC!!

Reviewer note 12/8/2018 By Reviewer

Needs Archived 12/8/2018 By ggggg

Found it 12/8/2018 By ggggg
Cache is gone. Holder is broken and cache has disappeared :/

Needs Maintenance 28/7/2018 By fffff (Found=702 Hidden=11, as of 18/9/2018)
Cache seems to be gone

DNF 28/7/2018 By fffff (Found=702 Hidden=11, as of 18/9/2018)
Is it still here?

DNF 21/7/2018 By ggggg (Found=0 Hidden=0, as of 18/9/2018)
Nothing to find here

DNF 7/7/2018 By fffff (Found=702 Hidden=11, as of 18/9/2018)
Gone

DNF 7/7/2018 By fffff (Found=702 Hidden=11, as of 18/9/2018)
Looks like the cache fell beneath the bench

DNF 1/4/2018 By eeeee(Found=9 Hidden=0, as of 18/9/2018)
Not found

DNF  31/3/2018 By dddd (Found=8 Hidden=0, as of 18/9/2018)
Not found...

DNF 10/2/2018 By cccccc (Found=0 Hidden=0, as of 18/9/2018)
Did not find it

DNF 13/11/2017 By aaaaa (Found=8725 Hidden=71, as of 18/9/2018)
I have had confirmation from a previous finder that the cache (as it was) is where I thought and is no longer there...
Has the cache been replaced in a different position (as I see the previous log is a find)?

Found it  29/10/2017 By bbbbb (Found=11 Hidden=0, as of 18/9/2018)
found.

DNF 27/10/2017 By aaaaa (Found=8725 Hidden=71, as of 18/9/2018)
Must admit.... was hoping this would be a nice, easy find....
We checked the obvious place where we would put a cache, and it appeared that there was the broken device for holding the cache there. There was no other reason for such a device to be where it was, so we think the cache may have gone?
The bread smelt nice anyway!!!

Found it 29/9/2018 By CCC (Found=19830)
Made a tour by bike today. We first did the xxxxxx trail and found some other caches on the way back. Most were quickly found others took a bit longer.

Nice bike ride, nice surroundings.
Thanks for the nice cacheday.

Archived 28/9/2018 Owner (Found=10121)
Archived

Write Note 24/9/2018 By AAA(Found=3190)

Picture of GZ

Needs Maintenance 24/9/2018 By AAA(Found=3190)
Cache is probably gone

Didn't Find 24/9/2018 By AAA (Found=3190 )
DNF

In the area caching with [redacted] who had found this previously; it would have been silly to come so close and not get it so he helped me out with the co-ords. At GZ it wasn't where he had found it and we extended the search area quite a bit but still couldn't find it, so he kindly left a replacement. SL, TFTC [:)]

1     Enable Listing 1     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 1     

ks.

RFRFRFRF

2.png207 

Found itFound it

15 Apr 18

Indeed. Missing cache, velcro still there.

CDCD

2.png192 

15 Apr 18

?

PPPP

reg_user.gifMember 

2.png141 

Found itFound it

29 Mar 18

Found the Velcro no cache 

LLL

2.png11 

24 Mar 18

No luck

SSS

2.png147 

Found itFound it

26 Nov 17

We found what is left of the cache. The Velcro is there but container is gone

bbbbb

2.png1326 

02 Oct 17

On my second attempt, I spotted the obvious attachment, but was unable to locate the cache itself, despite a decent amount of searching. 

Edited by LizzyRN

Archived 16/10/2018 By reviewer

Needs archived 16/10/2018 By ZZZ (Found=11347)

Didn't find 16/10/2018 By ZZZ (Found=11347 )
Since the CO decided not to replace the cache he probably wanted to archive

Found it 30/9/2018 By YYY (Found=415)
Submitted via Garmin Oregon 7xx

Temporary Disabled 9/6/2018 By Owner (Found=223)

Removed the cache, will not replace it.

Didn't Find 20/5/2018 By XXX

Didn't Find 18/5/2018 By WWW (Found=507 )

Didn't Find 10/5/2018 By VVV (Found=4319)

Didn't Find 20/4/2018 By UUU (Found=13219)

5600+finds

Found itFound it

27/10/2018

I arrived here in a very cold wind! There was nothing inside the box here and it had been a regular size container so it was definitely missing and no sign of a box anywhere else. I’ve replaced it with a film pot with log in a bag inside it and hope it doesn’t get nicked!

Found itFound it

27/10/2018

This cache hasn’t been found since 25th March and there have been several DNFs since then. As the CO hasn’t been on line since July 2017 I’ve taken the liberty of putting out a replacement bison as per the hint, so that this set of caches can at least have a finishing one even though it’s at the start of the walk!

find

transitive verb

1   a:    to come upon by searching or effort

2   a:    to search or exert effort to a degree that one feels they should have come upon something

"I found your keys! Well, I don't actually know where they are, but I searched a lot and exerted a lot of effort so even though I didn't lay eyes on them, that still counts. No, I don't know how you're supposed to start your car."

b:    to search or exert effort and come upon where something should have been. 

"I found your keys! Well, I don't actually know where they are, but I can see where they SHOULD have been, so that still counts. No, I don't know how you're supposed to start your car."    

c:    to search or exert effort and fail to come upon something, place an object in the void, and then claim to have come upon something

"I found your keys! Well, I didn't actually find YOUR keys. I found where they should have been so I put some random keys there so that I could find them. No, I don't know how you're supposed to start your car."

Edited by nericksx
  • Upvote 4
  • Funny 7
On 11/1/2018 at 9:11 PM, nericksx said:

find

transitive verb

1   a:    to come upon by searching or effort

2   a:    to search or exert effort to a degree that one feels they should have come upon something

"I found your keys! Well, I don't actually know where they are, but I searched a lot and exerted a lot of effort so even though I didn't lay eyes on them, that still counts. No, I don't know how you're supposed to start your car."

b:    to search or exert effort and come upon where something should have been. 

"I found your keys! Well, I don't actually know where they are, but I can see where they SHOULD have been, so that still counts. No, I don't know how you're supposed to start your car."    

?   to search or exert effort and fail to come upon something, place an object in the void, and then claim to have come upon something

"I found your keys! Well, I didn't actually find YOUR keys. I found where they should have been so I put some random keys there so that I could find them. No, I don't know how you're supposed to start your car."

Dictionary definitions are useful, but it's more important to consider how the term is used in context.  In the context of geocaching,   a find requires locating the container, then, if one wants to get credit for the "find", signing the log and writing an online.   For most of these found it, did not find it, the person taking credit for a find didn't locate the container.  

7 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Dictionary definitions are useful, but it's more important to consider how the term is used in context.  In the context of geocaching,   a find requires locating the container, then, if one wants to get credit for the "find", signing the log and writing an online.   For most of these found it, did not find it, the person taking credit for a find didn't locate the container.  

Did you read the "definitions"? It's a joke. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

One we found ealier this year. More entitlement.

2.png9820

Found itFound it

23/10/2018

Erst vor Ort entdeckt, dass dieser Cache im Moment zu ist!!

Deshalb erlaube ich mir hier einen Fotolog!!

Danke fürs Herführen!

2.png1533

17/10/2018

Our second day in Bratislava, we noticed that this one had been inactivated, but were encouraged by a subsequent find to walk the short distance from our hotel to check it out. 4 of us searched for quite a while but no luck!
Greetings from Cyprus anyway. ???

2.png19385

Found itFound it

16/10/2018

Habe vor Ort ne Viertelstunde gesucht ... und dann erst deaktiviert gelesen. Nun, ich poste dir ein Foto!

reg_user.gifMember 

2.png444

14/10/2018

Vyzera to tak, ze keska zmizla a budeme ju musiet obnovit. Dakujeme za trpezlivost.
It looks like the cache disappeared again, we'll have to recreate it. Thank you for your patience.

2.png8887

08/10/2018

Hodně mudlů, nejsem si jistý, zda jsem hledal na správném místě, ale nakonec nikde nic. Tak kdo ví :(

Archived 11/11/2018 By owner (Found=596)
Time for something new.

Found it 3/11/2018 cacher (Found=5713)
Found it eventhough it's TD

Note 3/11/2018 By owner (Found=596)
Offline. Found the container today but have not placed it back.

Note 19/10/2018 By owner (Found=596)
Cache is gone. Will decide how to proceed later....

Temporary Disabled 14/10/2018 By owner (Found=596 Hidden=8, as of 14/11/2018)
Need to check

Just love an enthusiastic log!  ?
---------------------------------------
Premium Member
Temporarily Disable Listing
07/04/2018
This one need an owner check

Premium Member
Didn't find it
06/30/2018
I was in the area hunting some newer caches, and stopped by to avenge my previous DNF. Didn't happen. I found the same as the previous few logs: nada.
But I did see a great deal on fireworks at a pop-up dealer very close to GZ.
    [Photo]

Premium Member
Didn't find it
05/09/2018
Nope.. New hardware additions may have bearing on missing cache... needs CO's eyes to verify.

Premium Member
Didn't find it
03/29/2018
I searched all over the area bit wasn't able to come up with the container here.

Premium Member
Found it
03/21/2018
******Eureka! ****Thanks for the geocache! Had a great time finding this geocache. This was find #1 of a total of 1 found today, 03/21/2018. After this geocache find, I have 8597. Thanks [edit] for placing and maintaining this geocache for me to find and add to the number of smilies that I have collected. I am doing my absolute best "collecting" geocaches and trying to keep from being run over. The plan is to get at least one cache a day for as long as I can. I am also in a quiet competition with [edit]. Many thanks to all the owners out there who gave me an entertaining time with all the hides to pick from. I found this cache was very entertaining and I enjoyed it so very much. Caching gets me out of the house and exploring this big blue ball we call Earth.
I will have signed all logs as either [edit], [edit] or [edit]. Also replaced a few logs and bags. As a cache owner, I know the importance of maintenance so I helped out whenever, and wherever I could. Thanks again. Have a fantastic day

Premium Member
Didn't find it
02/25/2018
We tried this one again as we were in the area again, but came up empty handed ... again.

Premium Member
Didn't find it
02/25/2018
No luck today. Shiny new stuff at ground zero.

Premium Member
Didn't find it
10/23/2017
Got the correct coords (verified by geochecker) but could not find cache. Maybe next time...

Premium Member
Didn't find it
09/18/2017
Enjoyed this story and research. My husband comes from a long line of Navy men (including himself). It also will give me something new to discuss with my dad, a former military officer. I also like the fact that we can check our coordinates before heading out with the Geochecker - thank you for that. (I did get it right the first time, but liked the security of knowing it was correct before heading out to unfamiliar territory.)
     Unfortunately, I was not able to find the cache. Seems the trappings around the cache have been updated by Powers That Be. The COs were informed and quick to respond, so I look forward to getting a chance to lay hands on the cache and moving this one over to the Found side.
     At any rate, thanks for the interesting new topic for our next family gathering.

Premium Member
Write note
01/15/2017
Your cache site looks like it has been maintained. The container might not be here anymore. You might want to check.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me, or do you find it odd they didn't even leave a throw-down, given all that helpful maintenance?

On 11/15/2018 at 7:01 AM, VAVAPAM said:

Premium Member
Didn't find it
09/18/2017
Enjoyed this story and research. My husband comes from a long line of Navy men (including himself). It also will give me something new to discuss with my dad, a former military officer. I also like the fact that we can check our coordinates before heading out with the Geochecker - thank you for that. (I did get it right the first time, but liked the security of knowing it was correct before heading out to unfamiliar territory.)
     Unfortunately, I was not able to find the cache. Seems the trappings around the cache have been updated by Powers That Be. The COs were informed and quick to respond, so I look forward to getting a chance to lay hands on the cache and moving this one over to the Found side.
     At any rate, thanks for the interesting new topic for our next family gathering.

What's also odd is that it sounds like (see what I bolded above from one of the DNF logs) the CO's were responsive, presumably this DNF logger messaged/emailed them, and yet nothing seems fixed.

Archived 16/11/2018 By Reviewer
Since there is no action by the CO

Found it 2/11/2018 By cacher (Found=18)
Easy find, Little son is happy.

Reviewer note 16/10/2018 By Reviewer
Please check your cache as it's TD for more than 4 weeks....

Temporary Disabled 15/8/2018 By CO (Found=645)
Gone, will replace ASAP

Didn't Find 15/8/2018 By aaa (Found=36)

Looked for a long time

Didn't Find 15/8/2018 By bbb (Found=58)
Any hints?

Didn't Find  18/5/2018 By ccc (Found=219)
Looked for a while...

Edited by on4bam
reg_user.gifMember 

2.png474

Found itFound it

21/09/2017

I dived to the bottom near two diffrent float and although there was no box I was on the correct place.

2.png12848

Write noteWrite note

12/12/2016

Today I was diving with xxxxxx's diving adventures. Two perfect dives, one near light house and second on coral beach. After dives we talked diving north end of Read Sea. Dive master had dived in this area two years ago, because visibility is not good now. Rainy season water and mud goes to that area. He knew this xxxboat well, and had visited there by diving. I asked him to dive with me to xxxboat and also tell him my reason to go this destination. He don,t want to dive this area, because visibility is bad. After that was easy decide that I will not try to get FTF. I have dived in eleven countries over 200 dives, but without dive buddy I will not dive.

2.png2843

Write noteWrite note

03/11/2016

So close, but...

Nous enregistrons cette cache comme trouvée puisqu'elle était disparue avec l'ouragan Irma lors de notre longue recherche sur la berge.

A find log, posted  days after the missing cache was archived.  Must be a lot of work, following your DNFs around to see if/when the cache gets archived so that you can come back and log a find.  I wonder if user specializes in caches archived by reviewer? ie, no active owner to delete the found after archive log?