Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

Found it 08/17/2014

found but couldn't get it out of its slot..tried everything to get it out of there, but after 10 minutes, I gave up...took a picture of it, hopefully that will suffice. SL, TFTC.

Personally I would count this one, I've had a few caches where they were wedged so tight that I nearly abandoned the attempt but I did actually make the find. Also being from Canada sometimes caches are frozen so they can't be signed. My rule of thumb is if I have my hands on the container, I've made the find (but signing the log if possible, obviously).

Anyways, here's one I saw the other day:

Couldn't find it but found the cedar tree...

How about this one (NSW, Australia) that we noticed in the logs of a cache that we DNFed. The cache container was latter confirmed as missing, but that didn't stop this guy from logging a Find on it.

"The cache probably doesn't exist anymore but try telling these two little guys that after walking up the big hill. As good as found in my book"

Edited by vk2df

This was one of my favorites when I found it in June 2013. It was recently archived.

After 6 DNFs and a NM:

Premium Member

Caches Found 12087

Found it 05/22/2015

Coords had me in the street. Certain the cache is missing so I replaced it with a film canister where the hint looked like it took me.

Then 3 finds followed by 2 DNFs then this:

Premium Member

Caches Found 1312

Found it 03/07/2016

Couldn't find it but there was a lot of trash.

5 more DNFs, then a TD, a Reviewer Note, and Archived by the Reviewer.

Logs on #2 of a 3 part series.

Archive 14/12/2016 By CO (Found=3018 Hidden=64, as of 21/12/2016)

Important stuff at #1 disappeared so it's no longer possible to solve this one

Temporarily Disable Listing 4/12/2016 By CO (Found=3018 Hidden=64, as of 21/12/2016)

Cache gone. Thinking about what to do..

Found it 3/12/2016 By yyyy (Found=2642 Hidden=20, as of 21/12/2016)

Just like xxx I'm logging this one as found because I searched here for a long time.

Already found #3 so this series is complete.

Found it 3/12/2016 By xxx (Found=2052 Hidden=13, as of 21/12/2016)

After my DNF asked for a hint. Came back but found nothing. After a check by the CO disappearance of the cache was confirmed but was allowed to log this one as found.

On a now archived cache (by reviewer because of non-responsive CO)

Needs Archived 18/11/2016 By xxxxx (Found=1965 Hidden=9, as of 21/12/2016)

It looks like this cache needs maintenance for about 9 months already.

A lot of logs are stating that the container is stuck in its hiding place and that the so-called 'finders' didn't actually sign the paper, but still are permitted to log the cache as a find.

Even the cache owner (and also owner of the restaurant with the same name as this cache?) doesn't seem to be able to retrieve the cache container, if my interpretation of the log by xyxyxyx on 2016-11-04 is correct...

Found it 12/11/2016 By yyyyy (Found=112 Hidden=0, as of 21/12/2016)

Gefunden und Grüße aus Deutschland :)

TFTC yyyyy #61

Found it 4/11/2016 By xyxyxyx (Found=1721 Hidden=0, as of 21/12/2016)

CO and me exchanges experiences and even if I didn't find it I was allowed to log a found. Thanks CO.

Found it 24/10/2016 By zzzzzz (Found=5197 Hidden=54, as of 21/12/2016)

Yet another frustrating day in ******* found 7out of 19 plus 2that we may be able to log due to seeing them but not being able to retrieve

Found the log sheet behind the ?????? But unable to retrieve to sign ,so if the co wants a photo can send

Tftc

Archive 19/12/2016 By reviewer because of non-responsive CO

Found it 18/12/2016 By xxxx (Found=11740 Hidden=33, as of 21/12/2016)

CO didn't respond so I consider this a found

Temporarily Disable Listing 13/11/2016 By Reviewer

Needs Maintenance 6/9/2016 By xxxx (Found=11740 Hidden=33, as of 21/12/2016)

Seems this cache is gone. CO please check the nano.

Didn't find it 6/9/2016 By xxxx (Found=11740 Hidden=33, as of 21/12/2016)

Came here tree times already. First time it was closed, second time gate was open but didn't find ******. Rechecked my solution at home and now, weeks later I tried again.

So I found everything, except the cache, even with the perfect hint from the CO. A neighbor who knew where the nano was hidden came to the rescue and didn't find the cache. So the nano is definitely gone.

Since I knew where to look I will wait for the CO to check before logging this as a found anyway.

Premium Member

Caches Found 883

Found it 12/18/2016

Looked at this cache and the fact it hadn't been logged in over a yr and was requesting some sort of maintenance. Arrived at the GZ and zeroed in on the cords. Searched for a good 20-20 min but no luck. Looks like muggles have been camping out in the area and cache may have been lost. Had a spare container/log and dropped off at GZ. Contacted CO with update.

Then we have a cacher on an exotic trip thousands of miles from home. Having Events. Mostly no one seems to attend except the CO.

Attended 12/16/2016

Thanks everybody for nice meeting.

TFTE :)

Hmm. The only one who attended.

Attended 12/13/2016

In small rain with friends :)

Hmm... The only one who attended.

Attended 12/23/2016

In good company after diner and before shoping :)

Thanks all for attending event :)

Hmm The only one who attended.

Then, of course, comes the interesting one. Some relatives thought it would be interesating to attend.

Attended 12/17/2016

Attended, too bad noone but my own group showed up, I had a Moun10bike coin to trade.

Attended 12/17/2016

I was here, I was here, I was here Where is everyone else, I brushed my teeth. I came all the way from Boston just to attend this event, oh well, it was fun and I learned so much.

Attended Attended 12/17/2016

Well that was a first for me. Went to an event and the owner didn't show up. Just me, my sister and my nephew. Was at the statue from 16:00 to 16:27.

The CO posted an 'attended' log six days later.

Attended 12/17/2016

In a good company a little bit late we start visiting XXX from zoo to early morning. We found a lot of caches in different condition. In few cahces we made maintenens with new a logbook ( piece of paper ). During a caching we did try some exotic food without stomach sensations :)

Well, the CO was not there during the event timeline. AARGH!

On a six-stage multi:

:) Found it 12/28/2014

Holy crap! Found stage #1. Attempting stage #2 another day. [cachers]. Dezember 2014 3:38 PM

:) Found it 12/28/2014

Haha! Found it... Took a lot of looking around and were about to give up, but found it based on unique place marker. Coords for #2 in bottle hardly legible, so not sure we'll find #2...

Write note 12/28/2014 (previous finder)

Um, that means ya didn't

Haha and holy crap! :huh:

Typically once people start logging finds "on the velcro" or "on the string" most other will too, and once someone logs a DNF, then the herd follows.

But going back for some time, this shows some who "found" the string, and some who DNFed the cache:

Needs Maintenance 01/03/2017

Well, I looked and looked and couldn't find a string or the cache. I hope to CO will make time to check on this soon. Thanks!

Found it 10/20/2016

Found the string but no cache

Didn't find it 09/07/2016

String but no cache just like the others

Found it 08/24/2016

Found the string but nothing there.

Didn't find it 07/06/2016

Only the string is left...

Found it 04/16/2016

Found the string but not the cache...

Found it 04/16/2016

Found the string

Found it 04/01/2016 Qui

Found string but not the cache

Didn't find it 03/21/2016

Found string but no cache....we searched around the base of the trunk of the tree and in the areas of the tree but couldn't find the piece to fit the rope. I think it is lost or taken......

Write note 03/17/2016

Found the string but no chache. Maybe one day we will have better luck.

Needs Maintenance 03/13/2016

CO needs to check on this one

Found it 02/27/2016

Found string but nothing else

Didn't find it 02/26/2016

Found the string, but nothing attached.

Typically once people start logging finds "on the velcro" or "on the string" most other will too, and once someone logs a DNF, then the herd follows.

But going back for some time, this shows some who "found" the string, and some who DNFed the cache:

Needs Maintenance 01/03/2017

Well, I looked and looked and couldn't find a string or the cache. I hope to CO will make time to check on this soon. Thanks!

Found it 10/20/2016

Found the string but no cache

Didn't find it 09/07/2016

String but no cache just like the others

Found it 08/24/2016

Found the string but nothing there.

Didn't find it 07/06/2016

Only the string is left...

Found it 04/16/2016

Found the string but not the cache...

Found it 04/16/2016

Found the string

Found it 04/01/2016 Qui

Found string but not the cache

Didn't find it 03/21/2016

Found string but no cache....we searched around the base of the trunk of the tree and in the areas of the tree but couldn't find the piece to fit the rope. I think it is lost or taken......

Write note 03/17/2016

Found the string but no chache. Maybe one day we will have better luck.

Needs Maintenance 03/13/2016

CO needs to check on this one

Found it 02/27/2016

Found string but nothing else

Didn't find it 02/26/2016

Found the string, but nothing attached.

With the previous NM log ignored, this should get an NA.

Was reading about a cache in another thread and was curious about a certain log that was mentioned. Was just randomly selecting pages of logs in search of the log but instead, found these. The finding of this cache helps to complete other challenge caches so i figure this kind of logging has probably happened a few more times on it. Note the last log stating, "Thanks for maintaining this cache." :rolleyes:

Found it Found it

09/10/2015

We were along with a small group to make this find. We spotted several whitetail in the area including a nice racked buck.

Thanks for maintaining this cache.

Found it

09/10/2015

I'm not sure if what we found was the remains of the cache. We found a baglet with a business card enclosed at a GZ. The charred logs were scattered about like someone was looking for more. We signed the card and resealed the bag and left it there as the remains. We saw several whitetails in the area.

This entry was edited by ##### on Tuesday, 15 September 2015 at 03:33:06 UTC.

View Log

Premium Member

[Caches Found] 5668

Found it Found it

09/10/2015

It was a cool day, refreshing after some very hot days. I was travelling with ##### through several states on a geocache adventure. We were hesitant to park at the waypoint, but decided the no parking symbol meant only in front of the gate. We set out through the plethora of grasshoppers and mosquitoes. We saw no muggles, but did see several deer who watched us for a while before bounding away. We followed the trail around, but didn't notice swan creek. There were horseprints in the sandy path and other evidence of their passing. We found the very obvious hiding spot the GPS units said it was. We found perhaps the remains of a prior container, a baglet with a card. I thought the card had fallen from the container and was all that was left, so we signed the card.

View Log

[Caches Found] 853

Write note Write note

09/07/2015

Based on the pictures, the description, some advice from someone who had found the cache, and a ranger's business card that we found at ground zero, we think the cache may have been removed. We'll contact the owner with the information found on the business card shortly.

Edited by Mudfrog
Didn't find it 09/11/2016

No go on this one

Found it 07/16/2016

Replaced the container consistent with the hint. Cache is in good shape. Cache on!

Didn't find it 06/20/2016

Looked everywhere, followed hint and last commenters, and nothing! :(

Didn't find it 10/20/2015

2nd attempt at this one and no better luck. I used the hint and also the comments from the last cacher, which, of course conflicted. But still not cache for me. So sad.

Got notification of a new cache not far from work on Wednesday morning. Pulled up the cache page after I knocked off to see if it was worth putting 3/4 of an hour into for a possible FTF. Found the following as the 3rd log on the page:

Hi it's the owner took my sister out to find it she got it quickly

So yes it was a find on a cache that was there but on their own cache for another person....

Needs archived 01/06/2017

We too found where we believe the cache once was. The cache has not been found since August despite all the found logs. Time to bid this one adieu.

Found it 11/28/2016

Cache missing

Found it 11/28/2016

Found where it should be. I seen it was missing on previous post but wanted to get my smiley. Lol

Found it 09/27/2016

Found the spot but cache is missing

Found it 08/29/2016

#257. Quick/easy P&G. Found where the cache should be, but only found a cut wire.

After 8 consecutive DNFs

Premium Member

Caches Found 5267

Found it 08/12/2014

Quick find tnx

Then, after 2 more DNFs:

Caches Found 54

Found it 10/15/2014

Didn't find reported to the Ranger.

Next cacher:

Premium Member

Caches Found 18611

Found it 02/02/2015

TFTC

Appears to be missing. Searched a couple of months ago as well without success.

Replaced with new container so that others who come this way can find it as well.

2 more DNFs, Then these 3 (caching together):

Premium Member

Caches Found 16281

Found it 07/04/2015

We talked to the ranger who confirmed it was missing, we replaced it up high with a green nano.

Having fun on a three day 4th of July road trip with yyy abd zzz. sl tftc

Premium Member

Caches Found 13565

Found it 07/04/2015

On a weekend trip with xxx and zzz. Our goal for today was to get GEOCACHE, all else was frosting on the cake.

Premium Member

Caches Found 31391

Found it 07/04/2015

On a July 4th road trip to AAA with fellow cachers xxx and yyy. Easily found the Cache. Cache is in good condition. TFTC SL

Edited to remove some identifying info that I missed at first.

Edited by NanCycle

Now archived cache

Archive 4/1/2017 By reviewer

Temporarily Disable Listing 5/12/2016 By reviewer

Didn't find it 11/11/2016 By xxxxx (Found=329 Hidden=0, as of 9/1/2017)

Right place, nothing found.

Didn't find it 22/10/2016 By xxxxx (Found=51)

Didn't find. Please disable. Maintenance needed

Found it 11/9/2016 By xxxxx (Found=5)

No container

Didn't find it 11/9/2016 By xxxxx (Found=4)

Didn't find it 19/6/2016 By xxxxx (Found=445)

Nothing found

Needs Maintenance 12/6/2016 By yyyyy (Found=5777)

No more container, didn't have a replacement

Found it 12/6/2016 By yyyyy (Found=5777)

Here we allow ourselves a photolog. Unfortunately no more container can be found and we had no substitute

Didn't find it 11/11/2015 By xxxxx (Found=1493)

Didn't Find, searched a long time

Didn't find it 5/9/2015 By xxxxx (Found=1154)

Edited by on4bam

Here's a new variation:

In the past, she has only loaded individual caches, and, if she could not find them, marked them as "Found" on the GPS, just to get rid of them off the screen.

Sounds like she is just getting them off her gpsr so that they don't distract her (maybe she just doesn't know how to delete them individually). Bet she isn't logging online finds on these.

Found it 8/1/2017 By ggggg (Found=801)

Found the screw.

Archive 8/1/2017 By owner (Found=338)

Unfortunately I have to archive as the cache was stolen twice in a short time and we will find better places to hide our caches.

Found it 2/1/2017 By fffff (Found=5456)

Found only a screw, CO allowed to log it as found

Found it 29/12/2016 By eeeee (Found=855)

Only a screw

Found it 2/12/2016 By ddddd (Found=14694)

After the xxxxx series we found and logged this one. We logged the "screw" with which the container probably was fixed. As a previous finder already wrote, container is gone, maintenance needed.

Found it 11/11/2016 By ccccc (Found=218)

Found this one after finding xxxxx

Cache was not at the correct place, the lid is gone, please check/repair

Found it 8/11/2016 By bbbbb (Found=2654)

Quick find TFTC

Found it 6/11/2016 By aaaaa (Found=3844)

Walked the area looking for 5 caches today.

Quick find but but not where it's supposed to be, part of the container is gone

Cache is a high difficulty Trad with half the coords for a bonus. Not only did they place a throwdown instead of logging a DNF, but those who came after them quickly found their throwdown, and hence missed out on the coord data.

(fake) Found it!

We searched for quite a long time, hoping to at least come up with the log but it has been quite a while since the cache was last found and the log and container remains appear to be gone. We placed a new log in a plastic bag and put that into a pill bottle and tucked it into place.

(Really) Found it!

This was the first stop and we found both containers. We started thinking we would only find the throw down and then need help with the coordinates for the final, but we found the original. We removed the throw down leaving the original in its hiding place. All is well now. TFTC SL

Found it 5/2/2017 By yyyyy (Found=3244)

Container was gaone but CO allowed us to log a find.

Didn't find it 5/2/2017 By yyyyy (Found=3244)

Time to log some difficult mysteries..........

Searched for a long time and zzzz already found this before but no joy today. Returned later with an extra hint but again nothing was found. Container is probably gone after maintenance work.

Didn't find it 25/1/2017 By xxxx (Found=553)

Townworkers were ready to start work here, I will be back later

Wow, what a fascinating thread. It never occurred to me to log a find if I didn't actually find it. I mentioned it to geo-hubby who screwed up his face and said, "Oh really?" He was as surprised as me. Why bother?

But I'll keep this in mind. We're about to set a few caches in conjunction with a local history project. Most will be easy - the idea is to give people local info - but am planning 1 slightly more difficult puzzle cache so we'll definitely keep an eye on the logs.

Found it 23/2/2017 By zzz (Found=523)

Didn't find this one, only a piece was found by xxx. Took picture and got permission to log.

Too bad, as after looking for clues and asking hints I would have love to "really" find it.

Archive 22/2/2017 By yyy (Found=1516)

Slechts 10 maal gedaan op twee jaar tijd en opnieuw stuk dus hij gaat in archief. Sorry mannen.

Found it 22/2/2017 By xxx (Found=292)

Looked for it for a long time and only found a lid we think was part of the cache. Send photograph to CO and got permission to log a find.

Found it 24/2/2017 By xxxxx (Found=1591)

CO gave permission to log this cache as it had disappeared.

Didn't find it 18/2/2017 By xxxxx (Found=1591)

Is this cache still here? Looked for 10 minutes and found nothing eventhough there are not many hiding places.

Archive 25/2/2017 By owner (Found=244)

Archived because of damage.

Enable Listing 25/2/2017 By owner (Found=244)

The end, too many problems. Cache gets damaged all the time.

Post Reviewer Note 24/2/2017 By Reviewer

Write note 8/2/2017 By ccccc (Found=5871 Hidden=32, as of 27/2/2017)

Archived or temporary disabled?

Temporarily Disable Listing 18/10/2016 By owner (Found=244)

Cache is archived

Found it 15/10/2016 By bbbb (Found=427)

First of the day. Found the wire but then.. found a little container. We could log but logbook is full and in a bad state.

Maintenance is needed.

Thanks for showing us this nice area.

Found it 11/9/2016 By aaaaa(Found=38)

Only a wire, was this it?

Didn't find it 22/8/2016 By zzzzz (Found=4)

Nothing here but trees and a wire

Didn't find it 5/8/2016 By yyyyy (Found=3)

Only trees and a transparant wire..

Found it 14/7/2016 By xxxxx (Found=1591)

Cache gone. Logging permission by CO

Didn't find it 14/7/2016 By xxxxx (Found=1591)

Didn't find, send a photograph to CO but no reply.

This thread has given me some great laughs, thank you. I'm glad it's not just me who gets frustrated by people logging finds when they clearly haven't found it. There's an infamous cacher in Madrid who does something similar. He'll post a DNF at first, but once it's clear that the owner isn't going to perform maintenance or it's going to be archived, he logs a found. At the end of the day, it's all about the numbers!

Archive 1/3/2017 By owner (Found=12298)

This one served it's purpose ... Thanks for the nice logs.

Found it 18/2/2017 By yyy (Found=1270)

Thanks to geocaching we found another nice place.

Is it possible the original lid is gone?

Needs Maintenance 15/2/2017 By xxx (Found=3737)

no container nor log!

Found it 15/2/2017 By xxx (Found=3737)

After doing the series "****" we drove here for a few caches.

This was one of them. Easy find, too bad there was no container nor log.

Archive 6/3/2017 By Reviewer

Found it 22/2/2017 By xxx (Found=16104)

Before returning to our hotel we tried a few caches in town.

Nice area and view. I can confirm the cache is gone

Cache archived

Temporarily Disable Listing 31/1/2017 By reviewer

Didn't find it 26/1/2017

Didn't find it 25/12/2016

Didn't find it 23/12/2016

Needs Maintenance 19/12/2016

Didn't find it 14/12/2016

Didn't find it 28/10/2016

Didn't find it 28/10/2016

Didn't find it 26/10/2016

Lid loggers. No cache.

In over a year not one person entered a Needs Maintenance or Archive post. Log the lid, get a smiley.

Lid Logger 1

Premium Member

:D Found it

02/18/2017

Headed out early this morning to hit a bunch of cemetery caches and the Geo(he)Art southwest of Springfield. In total I hit about 40 cemeteries and the art, plus a few other caches that were along my path. I picked up about 80 finds on this beautiful day before heading home. As always, I had a great time cruising the countryside and jamming. TFTCSL

Lid Logger 2

Premium Member

02/17/2017

I should have came with a replacement, but found the cache as others have logged… tftc

LL2

Lid Logger 3

Premium Member

01/24/2016

Found cache or at least the part of the cache. Lid still at location but container missing. We had fun hiking along the trail through the snow. TFTC

Lid Logger 4

Premium Member

01/24/2016

I have been by this area many times. I figured I would hike during the winter. Today was the day. Had great fun hiking the old tracks in the snow. Found cache lid only. TFTC. :)

Edited by Wadcutter

Lid Logger 1

Premium Member

:D  Found it

02/18/2017

Headed out early this morning to hit a bunch of cemetery caches and the Geo(he)Art southwest of Springfield. In total I hit about 40 cemeteries and the art, plus a few other caches that were along my path. I picked up about 80 finds on this beautiful day before heading home. As always, I had a great time cruising the countryside and jamming. TFTCSL

Is it even possible to find 80 caches in a day? I did an, admittedly rough, back of envelope calculation and reckon at an absolute minimum this would take 10 hours. And that doesn't include stopping for anything. Even if it is technically possible, what's the point? Isn't it better to find fewer but enjoy and appreciate the locations? I do see that for some people it's all about the numbers but are they kidding anyone other than themselves?

A series of logs on a cache I DNFd yesterday:

Premium Member

Caches Found 66

Found it 07/08/2016

Pretty sure we found were of is supposed to be, but the container is missing.

Premium Member

Caches Found7283

Found it 07/03/2016

7/3/16, 9:08 AM Find #6941

----------- ----- 07/16/16

Sure this was either a quick find, or was a not so quick find while attending ----- Been 20 plus years since back here in -----, lot a time for changes! Some nostalgic memories, and now finally can add ----- to the geo map. Even, though it was found. Found it perhaps around a lot, or a rail, on a trail, perhaps a clever if not evil pebble or twisted bubble gum hide, or hung on a fence, in a cedar, or even a fine pine.

Sure an arrow and digits were utilized, sure this could have been a memorable one as well, but just no to sure in certain cases, as such. Imagine though it was just a quick in out operation, as of late this seems to be the case. Though have to say, was it rusted, trusted the title, say, perhaps so. Rust, a must for signs of age. Left the cage, love sage, and have to state, was it that quick? Perhaps maybe a fake rock, a cartoon character, or maybe a tunnel hide, maybe even perhaps in a tree, under a bench, in a cave, or crevice, or an evil rock pile, perhaps hidden snug in a cedar tree, or maybe even found it in an evil fake rock, amongst boulders and pebbles. All is not really known at this juncture.

Have to say, mega events are packed full of fun in the sun, was so many things and places to visit, and to be quite precise , time is rather a blur. Complicated it was, or was not, so one could say that was the true case. Well cut and paste in haste, not to waste much time, as time has already flown by. Scribbled and found it, all there is to say, precious moments in time, scribbled, and dashed, now time to catch up, so a little time, much to cut and paste will have to suffice.

Premium Member

Caches Found241

Found it 06/11/2016

Not really a container, just a couple of bolts and piece of paper. We signed it, TFTC SL 😃🍀

Premium Member

Caches Found 15959

Found it 06/04/2016

Container is missing and all we found was a piece of paper held down by some bolts. I didn't have a container with me or I would have put one there... SL.

Premium Member

Caches Found 5024

Found it 05/08/2016

Beautiful day to be out caching our way to ----- City. Quick and easy find. No log book but we did find a piece of paper to log it. Thanks for the Cache.

Premium Member

Caches Found 6 16

Didn't find it 05/07/2016

Came down for the ------- Festival and did a bit of geocaching.

Did not find this one. There is some damage to an area where this might have been.

Premium Member

Caches Found356

Found it 02/29/2016

This one I believe has been muggled. Most likely by the person who left their card. I signed the back and dated it 2/29/16. Happy Leap Day and TFTC!!

Archive 12/3/2017 By reviewer

Temporarily Disable Listing 7/2/2017 By reviewer

Needs Archived 7/2/2017 By ppp (Found=437)

After all this time, something should be done

Write note 7/2/2017 By ooo (Found=339)

Question to the CO: Are we supposed to keep logging a lid only or is there a real cache?

Found it 31/1/2017 By nnn (Found=5862)

Like all others I only found the lid.

Found it 31/1/2017 By mmm (Found=2622)

We found the spot after a walk and saw the lid, the rest is missing.

Found it 28/1/2017 By lll (Found=72)

Only found remnants

Found it 28/1/2017 By kkk (Found=71)

Only found remnants

Didn't find it 15/1/2017 By jjj (Found=437)

Needs maintenance, logbook is missing.

Didn't find it 15/1/2017 By iii (Found=440)

Cache is gone, noting to log...

We don't log a find if there's nothing to find

Found it 14/1/2017 By hhh (Found=628)

Still not repaired. Found only remnants

Didn't find it 5/1/2017 By ggg (Found=10141)

On tour with fff.

This one was not found

Didn't find it 5/1/2017 By fff (Found=1972)

We planned a lot of caches today...

--- general log for the day ----

3rd DNF today

Found it 1/1/2017 By eee (Found=374)

Found the cache but log and container are gone. Included a picture of what's left.

Found it 27/11/2016 By ddd (Found=4227)

After breakfast we went for a walk and found this one. Just one piece on a wire, the rest and log are nowhere to be found.

Found it 19/11/2016 By ccc (Found=42938)

--- caching with bbb, same general log for all caches of the day -----

Found it 19/11/2016 By bbb (Found=19513)

---- general log for all caches of the day ----

Found it 30/10/2016 By aaa (Found=651)

Only found a lid, no log

4 months of logging "a lid" as find. No reaction by CO who found a cache in the last few days but has not visited the website since January.

Found it 21/3/2017 By zzz (Found=930)

Nice walk in the xyxyxy area. Not all caches were found. Thanks for placing and maintaining.

Will give a favorite for the bonus.

Didn't find it 17/3/2017 By yyy (Found=8807)

Nothing found, I will have to come back

Found it 16/3/2017 By xxx (Found=2275)

Nice weather to be caching.

Too bad some codes were missing so we couldn't solve the final.

TFTC

Archive 16/3/2017 By owner (Found=4383)

Archived because the neighbor took the cache away.

Thanks to the cacher who destroyed the bench.

Cache was removed March 15th but found March 16th and 21st... strange... ;)

Last two logs on a cache near my new home:

(Logs roughly translated from Dutch & German)

Found it 2017-03-15 by CCC (793 finds)

We'll log this one, because it most likely has been destroyed. A picture has been sent.

Found it 2017-03-14 by FFF (2990 finds)

Quickly found the clue at WP1. At the final we found a possible hiding place and a few other things, but no cache. We sent a foto to the CO and log this as a find. If that's unwanted, please delete this log.

There's also a third log from FFF2, who caches together with FFF.

Found it 2017-03-14 by FFF2 (2993 finds)

TFTC/Very nice cache

It's just annoying; it seems the cache is gone, I'm hoping the CO actually reads the logs on his caches and knows there might be a problem with this one...

Last two logs on a cache near my new home:

(Logs roughly translated from Dutch & German)

Found it 2017-03-15 by CCC (793 finds)

We'll log this one, because it most likely has been destroyed. A picture has been sent.

Found it 2017-03-14 by FFF (2990 finds)

Quickly found the clue at WP1. At the final we found a possible hiding place and a few other things, but no cache. We sent a foto to the CO and log this as a find. If that's unwanted, please delete this log.

There's also a third log from FFF2, who caches together with FFF.

Found it 2017-03-14 by FFF2 (2993 finds)

TFTC/Very nice cache

It's just annoying; it seems the cache is gone, I'm hoping the CO actually reads the logs on his caches and knows there might be a problem with this one...

We "found" something similar on the weekend. Location was obvious. Last 2 logs didn't find anything but logged it as a find. The place was a dump (quite literally) and although we found plenty of potential hiding places we couldn't find anything that resembled anything other than rubbish. Logged a DNF and a comment about the revolting location, though I don't think the CO is actively watching this one. Won't be going back there even if it's verified that the cache is there or that it's been replaced.

Can I ask what the protocol is if someone logs a find but doesn't sign the log? Is it polite to ask them to remove it or does the CO just do it for them?