Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

If you don't find what's supposed to be there, just log something you did find!

A benchmark that was a fire tower, dismantled back in the 70's:

''DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (WER)

''THE STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER WHICH IS

''LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF MT. XXXXXX, APPROXIMATELY 7.5 MILES

''SOUTHEAST OF YYYYYYY AND 7 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF ZZZZZZZZ.

''

''THE LOOKOUT TOWER IS A SQUARE CABIN SUPPORTED BY FOUR LEGS

''AND IS APPROXIMATELY 35 FEET HIGH.

17 SEP 2014 :) Found It! (18 BMs Found):

It may say lookout tower but there is no other benchmark listed at these coords and I found a benchmark. Was the tower replaced by this disk? I don't know, but this is how I am claiming it.

22 AUG 2014 :( Destroyed (73 BMs Found):

This benchmark has been destroyed.

The data sheet states that this benchmark is a lookout tower.

The tower is long gone.

No tower = No benchmark.

2 OCT 2004 :) (13 BMs Found):

Found the two disks described earlier in the logs.

The lookout tower is gone.

7 JUN 2002 :) (1100+ BMs found):

Well, the tower is no longer there, but I did find a benchmark labeled 'XXXXXX X' (1943) and also reference mark NO 2 from the same year.

These were close to the old tower foundations.

Cacher A

2.png Found it

01/04/2015

This was our first Cache in XXX! Not many Muggels around and it was an easy find on a nice Sunday afternoon. TFTC

Cacher B

2.png Found it

12/19/2014

This cache is ready again to be found.

This morning I put a new film container and a fresh logbook at the right place.

Cacher C

22.png Temporarily Disable Listing

12/18/2014

Sorry, let g book missing

Cacher B again

45.png Needs Maintenance

12/18/2014

A nice place for a cache, but the container is definitely gone!

I really don't understand how some cachers do a foto log...

Either you log in the logbook and mark it as "found" and if there's no logbook it's at least a DNF!

Cacher D

2.pngFound it

12/11/2014

We didn't find the cache but we hope a fotolog is ok.

Fotolog

Cacher E

3.png Didn't find it

12/05/2014

Français en vadrouille. ... en trente minutes pas trouvé log, la photo serait elle perturbante. ......?

Joli endroit

Cacher F

2.png Found it

12/03/2014

thx for showing!

Cacher G

2.pngFound it

12/03/2014

thanks fir showing us this fascinating spot!

Cacher H

2.png Found it

12/02/2014

see the logs before.Therefore, a photo log.Container was not found.

Tftc and the nice place.

Cacher I

2.png Found it

11/29/2014

Needed maintenance. I put in a new box as the old one is missing, a small mint box wrapped in black tape. Hope it survives

Continued

Cacher J

2.png Found it

11/24/2014

I didn't find it. But I was on this place, i turned every loose bricks, cut the grass around the place, but nothing. Becouse i was on this place and i never comeback i get fount it

Cacher K

2.png Found it

11/21/2014

Team K on tour took 6 hours of cycling to get to this one! Worth it though TFTC

Cacher L

3.pngDidn't find it

11/20/2014

Did not find. Also two XXXish geocachers we met did not find... So instead of finding we started drinking beer....

Cacher M

3.png Didn't find it

11/20/2014

I don't think the cach exists anymore but it took me to a nice stupa. I met a couple of cachers from XXX a had a nice little chat.

Cacher N

3.png Didn't find it

11/04/2014

could not find it

Cacher O

3.png Didn't find it

10/24/2014

We found a perfect place for a cache - but we could not find any box :-( Unfortunately

Cacher P

45.png Needs Maintenance

10/24/2014

Edited by Harry Dolphin

I was looking at my old dnf logs, when i saw this

Cacher P

Premium Member

Caches Found 132

Needs Maintenance 12/06/2014

Nothing was there. So I put a temporary cache in the log where the hint and coordinates seemed to indicate it would go. You may want to go move/replace it. The log is nearly paper now.

and then...

Cacher P

Premium Member

Caches Found132

Found it Found it 12/06/2014

tftc

So, he posts a NM on the cache for it not being there, then does a throwdown in the caches location. What is the point of him even posting NM?

Oh, and to avoid confusion, this was the same person posting the found it log, too.

this is GCK44P

Edited by crazypig88

I was looking at my old dnf logs, when i saw this

Cacher P

Premium Member

Caches Found 132

Needs Maintenance 12/06/2014

Nothing was there. So I put a temporary cache in the log where the hint and coordinates seemed to indicate it would go. You may want to go move/replace it. The log is nearly paper now.

and then...

Cacher P

Premium Member

Caches Found132

Found it Found it 12/06/2014

tftc

So, he posts a NM on the cache for it not being there, then does a throwdown in the caches location. What is the point of him even posting NM?

Oh, and to avoid confusion, this was the same person posting the found it log, too.

this is GC?????

Please don't specify a GC number when showing Found it = Didn't Find It logs. From the first post in the thread;

"Let's not start a debate, or accuse people of cheating or any of that. No names, no links, just the log. "

Never thought I'd get a chance to add to this discussion as the local Geocachers here are generally very good, the tourists on the other hand (as usual) are a whole different story apparently.

The cache in question is a part of a community power trail and is probably the only power trail in the state. I found it about a fortnight ago and DNF'd, went back to the page last night to see if anyone had found it since and someone had... sort of..

:) Found it, The Bloke Before Me, 11/10/2014

the caches gettin' smaller...

tftc

:( DNF, Me, 26/12/2014

Spotted "the rock" but unable to spot "the cache"

:) Found it, LyingCheatingBastardCacher, 5/1/2015

I searched for 15 minutes for this cache without success. Given the accurate description, and the previous dnf, I replaced the cache on my trek back down the trail with a dreaded micro plastic tube the same as most of the other caches on the trail.

And naturally the next log is a Found it.

The concept of this powertrail is great, it's not saturated by a single cacher so hide styles vary along the track, I even got my first letterbox that day as a PT cache in amongst the traditionals. By extension it's probably not a completely bad thing the community assists to maintain the caches but for god's sake if you replace the container DON"T CLAIM THE BLOODY FIND! It's not as though you've hidden it then flashed yourself with the Men In Black Forgetty Stick.

Never thought I'd get a chance to add to this discussion as the local Geocachers here are generally very good, the tourists on the other hand (as usual) are a whole different story apparently.

The cache in question is a part of a community power trail and is probably the only power trail in the state. I found it about a fortnight ago and DNF'd, went back to the page last night to see if anyone had found it since and someone had... sort of..

:) Found it, The Bloke Before Me, 11/10/2014

the caches gettin' smaller...

tftc

:( DNF, Me, 26/12/2014

Spotted "the rock" but unable to spot "the cache"

:) Found it, LyingCheatingBastardCacher, 5/1/2015

I searched for 15 minutes for this cache without success. Given the accurate description, and the previous dnf, I replaced the cache on my trek back down the trail with a dreaded micro plastic tube the same as most of the other caches on the trail.

And naturally the next log is a Found it.

The concept of this powertrail is great, it's not saturated by a single cacher so hide styles vary along the track, I even got my first letterbox that day as a PT cache in amongst the traditionals. By extension it's probably not a completely bad thing the community assists to maintain the caches but for god's sake if you replace the container DON"T CLAIM THE BLOODY FIND! It's not as though you've hidden it then flashed yourself with the Men In Black Forgetty Stick.

Not sure about the third adjective but the first two seem to fit that cacher pretty well! :lol:

Here's a predicament that might fall into this topic somehow..... What would you conclude? Found one, Found both, Found none?

I set out to find two caches that were near one another. Each had a different CO. What I found was the container described in Cache #1 and the contents described in Cache #2, somewhere between the GPS locations of both caches.

Sandwiched in the middle of a string of a dozen DNFs:

:) Throwdowner (2100+) Found it!

This cache is way to important not to be found and stay active. Xxx Xxxxx has been watching this cache for over a year waiting for it to be found. There has just been to many DNFs lately from geocachers with great skills not to believe it is not truly missing. So xxx XXXX waddled out to GZ and placed a temporary yellow micro container in a tree. If the original is ever found, then that person will be allow to keep my temporary contain as a prize. Everything is now good to go. Great spot. TFTC and I signed to new log. :D

A six year old micro along a rail trail. Not sure what made it so important. :unsure:

New at this so I'm a bit confused.

I when out today and located 4 Geocaches. I logged 3 as finds, because I signed their log books. The final one, I currently have logged as DNF, because I while I believe I located the site, I didn't find a container with a log book. What I found was a Geo sticker, which I scanned and which took me to a Munzee website. What's up with this. Thanks.

I when out today and located 4 Geocaches. I logged 3 as finds, because I signed their log books. The final one, I currently have logged as DNF, because I while I believe I located the site, I didn't find a container with a log book. What I found was a Geo sticker, which I scanned and which took me to a Munzee website. What's up with this. Thanks.

If it took you to the munzee site then it is a munzee, only masquerading as a geocache. Probably breaks all sorts of munzee guidelines with unauthorized use of someone else's trademark.

If it took you to the munzee site then it is a munzee, only masquerading as a geocache. Probably breaks all sorts of munzee guidelines with unauthorized use of someone else's trademark.

Okay... so I'm still confused. It is listed on Geocache as: GC574BT Loafers. It has a lot of DNFs but also some Finds and it has 6 Blue ribbons. Scanning the sticker leads to: http://www.munzee.com/m/hawthorn181/788. It is also on what I would call private property? A light post in Costco parking lot? Like I say, I'm new so I don't really know enough to draw conclusions. The alternative, I guess, would be that the Munzee sticker and the Geocache are two different finds that happen to be pretty much on top of one another and I am just not finding the cache.

1959221_10152749315323401_5322914655509116666_n.jpg?oh=69e6f145cc5f318b0d4c5b0334d9daf5&oe=5537AC10&__gda__=1429103482_179fe13ca8ead670b8c8f5fa40868753

Edited by Malemotives

Okay... so I'm still confused. It is listed on Geocache as: GC574BT Loafers. It has a lot of DNFs but also some Finds and it has 6 Blue ribbons. Scanning the sticker leads to: http://www.munzee.com/m/hawthorn181/788. It is also on what I would call private property? A light post in Costco parking lot? Like I say, I'm new so I don't really know enough to draw conclusions. The alternative, I guess, would be that the Munzee sticker and the Geocache are two different finds that happen to be pretty much on top of one another and I am just not finding the cache.

1959221_10152749315323401_5322914655509116666_n.jpg?oh=69e6f145cc5f318b0d4c5b0334d9daf5&oe=5537AC10&__gda__=1429103482_179fe13ca8ead670b8c8f5fa40868753

People who play the Munzee game often like to put their stickers right where caches are. It can frustrate cachers because it can spoil where a cache is.

It looks like the cache you are looking for is a difficult one for many to find. So it may still be there (although it could be missing). Just ignore the sticker.

Okay... so I'm still confused. It is listed on Geocache as: GC574BT Loafers. It has a lot of DNFs but also some Finds and it has 6 Blue ribbons. Scanning the sticker leads to: http://www.munzee.com/m/hawthorn181/788. It is also on what I would call private property? A light post in Costco parking lot? Like I say, I'm new so I don't really know enough to draw conclusions. The alternative, I guess, would be that the Munzee sticker and the Geocache are two different finds that happen to be pretty much on top of one another and I am just not finding the cache

There is a spoiler picture on the page which points to the location and indicates that it is not on any light post. If it's not as in the picture, then it's missing.

USER(noDNF#)4 Found it! 01/10/2015 - found where it was suppose to be, but no cache, needs someone to ceck on this or archive it

USER(noDNF)#3 Needs Archived 01/10/2015 - Looks missing since September

USER(noDNF)#3 Needs Maintenance 01/10/2015 - See several logs

USER(noDNF)#3 Found it! 01/10/2015 - Found but the actual cache was missing

USER(noDNF)#2 Found it! 01/04/2015 - Found were it was but the cache was stolen or fell.

USER(noDNF)#1 Found it! 11/26/2014 USER(noDNF) - I think i found where it was needs maintenance

RealGeocacher Needs Maintenance 09/20/2014 Velcro is there but nothing's attached!

This has to be my favorite series of logs, locally, relating to this thread. The find on 9/3/14 was logged by cachers with over 10,000 finds. Nothing really surprises me with this game any more.

06/29/14 (Find) Awesome find with my KRP. "Ain't no river wide enough". Great hide & container! Thanks!

07/17/14 (DNF) very difficult

07/20/14 (DNF) No luck today.

07/20/14 (DNF) Did not find. Any chance it's been removed from the spot?

08/30/14 (DNF) I think it may be gone

09/03/14 (Find) TFTC

10/17/14 (DNF - Mine) Know I was in the right spot. Let's just say I'm skeptical about the found it log after the string of DNFs. The CO should check in this one.

12/30/14 (Note) Not there.

12/30/14 (DNF) Checked holes in rock with hiking stick, empty

12/30/14 (Note from CO) I will investigate tomorrow (12/31) and replace with a spare if necessary

12/31/14 (Owner Maintenance) I replaced the cache

We found it, yes and no. We went to the spot, but not as tourist. We had the opportunity to go there to help for the construction of a golf course up to the mountain (yes, they did it!). We have been planting bushes all the day with the team in charge of the construction. Unfortunately, we had a schedule to respect as there were helicopters coming for dropping us on and off. So, we were not far from the cache, but at any moment of the day we had enough time to go for it. But in our opinion, this cache is mainly worth for the travel. We had some helicopter flights, and also stunning views of the surroundings from the top. And we also improve the place (according to some richs tourists people). So we log it in memory of our awesome trip to this awesome mountain.

Thanks you very much for the cache in this spot.

I particularly love "But in our opinion, this cache is mainly worth for the travel".

Found it Found it

24/12/2014

I've found this one before back in March 2014 but saw the bushes were cut back this time, so looked for where I'd last found it out of curiosity. Unless the hiding place has been updated since then, it appears to be gone

First, full disclosure. I have done this. I once logged two caches as found, although I never found them. But those were the first two caches I ever logged, and I had no clue what I was even supposed to find. And then on the third hunt we found a container, and have never logged a find without meeting the logging requirements (signing the logbook or the logging requirements for non-physical caches).

Except the first time we looked for a multi, we found the first stage and called it a find, again for lack of experience and in this case I later completed the multi, deleted the original found-it log, and logged it proper.

Came across this one yesterday and couldn't resist adding it to the list.

This was on a cache that was abruptly archived in 2010, and the archival of this cache was even questioned in the forums. This was apparently a very cool cache and I wish that it was still going; I would love to go for it. Or maybe I still can, and get the smiley; all I need to do is try.

29 Sep 10 Archived

Same day: 5 notes and 1 Post Reviewer Note, regarding the archival

27 May 12 Found It (a user who joined a month after the cache was archived, and currently has over 5000 finds)

Here are some excerpts from the long Found It log,

{NAME} entered first and got in up to his ankles and stalled"I'm waiting to get use to it", HELL NO.... I charged right in , brand new hike/waterproof sandals. I didn't wait In I went deeper and deeper...wow was the water cold. I soon was alone, determined to find this cache and be carried out on my team mates shoulders. Found 3 different containers all were empty.

{NAME} believed he had the right area but had a flashlight malfunction. {NAME} tried to assist with here light on her phone but that to was getting low. I headed out to retrieve feeling in my feet and towel off. {NAME} met an old friend of your Mr. spider (THE ONE THE SIZE OF YOUR HAND) was very shaken and upset for about an hour. {NAME} to felt this was not our day and decided to mark it as a "DNF" , but not forgotten wants to return better prepared and in a "NO HOLDS BARRED ATTITUDE".

Day over , dirty, smelly, and 1 smiley short. Enough is enough 7 hours and low on water....

Sorry to let you down but it was a great effort today. And when we can we will send you some pics.

This entry was edited by [[the user]] on Sunday, 04 January 2015 at 16:13:10 UTC.

Maybe it was just a mistake of selecting "Found It" instead of "Didn't Find It". Then again, the cache had been archived for nearly 2 years at that point, and the cache was already archived before this user account was even created. Maybe the CO had asked them to retrieve the container, since they wanted to check out the area.

But wait, there's more.

Another cache, similar in nature (these were T5 caches, quite difficult to get to), in the same region. Different CO

23 Jun 12 Temporarily Disable Listing

Sad to say the gate has indeed been welded back in place and therefore imprisoned our hide We are not archieving in the hopes of it comin down again sometime this summer [/Quote]

07 Nov 12 Archive

Sorry folks. Looks like the mine is gated for good. Sad to see this one go...plenty of awesome memories were had on the many visits to this cache. Thanks to all who took the time and effort required to log it [/Quote]

07 Nov 12 Found It (same user as above)

This entry was edited by {NAME} on Saturday, 07 December 2013 at 12:53:37 UTC. [/Quote]

Found it 02/08/2015

Found this last night after placing it with ***** and ****** and figured I might as well log my visit. Not sure if it counts or not.

At least they didn't claim FTF. FTF & STF posted, *then* the finder who accompanied the CO posted the find.

Edited by wmpastor

Found it

02/06/2015

Bucket list goal no longer denied! We had found all of ******** active caches except this one. We didn't realize until earlier this week that we had almost all of them. And all of ***** have been so good!

Anyway, worked on the puzzle earlier this week and right away recognized it for what it was. But leave it to "******" to add an additional twist. Nice.

Mrs. ******* and I headed over to the coordinates today in hopes of completing "*************" (~************ - gotta collect them all!~) No such luck though. Not only did we have to contend with a foot or more of snow, but the only nearby geobeacon was cut down into about 20 sections. Could it have been there? It still might be. We hope to find out when it warms up.

EDITED 2/8/2015

Turning this log into a found it log as the cache owner confirmed it was missing

A really unapologetically bare faced DNF=FTF for your entertainment :

On the day of publication:

" Didn't find it

spent a good 1/2 hour here, searched every nook, cranny, bush, wall, bramble and fence but to no avail"

Same cacher, next day :

"Found it

Joint FTF #523

A bit of a cheeky one!

In consultation with the CO we replaced this missing cache and I actually placed it, so it wasn't too hard a find, even for me!

TFTC"

and from the other half of the team:

"Found it

Joint FTF

We spent a long time here searching yesterday but the cache had obviously gone missing. As we knew we would be back here today, we offered to replace the cache. Obviously we also logged this as a find at the same time . Hopefully the new cache is in its original location and will stay there a bit longer.(......snippage of identifying local info.......) Visited with xxxx. TFTC"

Noticed these logs on a recently disabled cache. The CO said the cache is at the location, but not attached to its usual location. Two cachers found the usual location, but didn't find the cache, but they're logging finds. Hhmmm.

Cacher-2 (Premium Member w/over 11k finds)

Found it

01/19/2015

I think we found what we believe the cache was attached to so we are logging it as a find!

Cacher-2 (Premium Member w/over 11k finds)

Needs Maintenance

01/19/2015

We are sure we found what the cache used to be attached to however it is no longer attached to the apparatus

Cacher-1 (Basic Member w/less than 50 finds)

Found it

01/03/2015

Found what the container should be attached to, counting it as a find.

Cache Owner

Enable Listing

12/17/2014

It seems the cache is still there, but it is no longer connected to its original attachment. I am enabling the listing but plan to see if I can re-attach the container.

2.png Found it 01/12/2015

Quick lunchtime park n dash since this one has been replaced. TFTC!

2.png Found it 01/08/2015

Interesting that you changed the type of cache container.

TFTC

Out for a cold day of cacheing with (below), but a much needed outing. Figured we could do some park and grabs and not freeze too much. Still pretty cold out here but we are enjoying the day. I do remember a lot of these were similar containers and hard to get open, some were frozen. TFTC

Outand about in *** area grabbing a bunch of passion is to try and boost my numbers with (above). On a freezing cold day great day to be out with (above) thanks for placing and maintaining these caches I know how much work goes into doing them

Replaced with pill bottle

3.png Didn't find it 01/08/2015

No luck. I think it's gone. Looked twice before seeing all the dnfs. Maybe the CO can check/replace this one

3.png it Didn't find it 01/04/2015

dnf

3.png Didn't find it 01/04/2015

DNF while caching with "above".

3.png Didn't find it 11/14/2014

Nope. Don't think so.

DNF (too many quotes)

DNF (too many quotes)

3.png Didn't find it 11/09/2014

Did not find.® Moo. Definitely missing. But there are cows nearby!!!! Moo. MOO! Haven't seen a cow in months! Thanks for having cows nearby.

3.png Didn't find it 11/09/2014

This one is definitely missing. Having found two other "in the series', the instrument *** is definitely missing.

Hey! Only missing almost three months with eight DNFs! So replace the distinctive (but defective) container with a pill bottle. And! Thank the CO for maintaining it!!

Yep, I am missing out. I drove past about 400 caches last week - I should log them all as finds!

I have had maybe just 10 people log finds on my caches when they didn't. In each case it was accidental. Clicking the usual thing instead of picking the Did Not Find option. I email them and let them know that they accidentally logged it as a find and they change it. It has never been a problem on my caches. I do not allow non finds to be logged as finds.

Found it Found it

24/02/2015

tftc

View Log

I No cache = no problem

Premium Member

Found it Found it

01/02/2015

Out for a day's caching with 1gowild, zephyrsailor and shylo....we combined the SS series and Lea to Lucent for the main walk of the day....

As we approached we could see the haha and I wondered if there was going to be a way across. Then we got to the location of this cache and spent some time discussing where the trees and the stile used to be. We think we worked it out and since we found a hidey hole in the stump and we had a small replacement cache with us, we decided to put it there in the hope that this will be acceptable to the CO and useful for future cachers.

Cache number 34 of 90 today.

Thanks.

View Log

I love throwdowns #1

Premium Member

Found it Found it

01/02/2015

A caching day out with I love throwdowns #1, I love throwdowns #2 and ****. Logs signed as ****, ****, **** and **** for some and then as the day wore on an even shorter form emerged as SSZ1 or SZS1 or any combination of S, S, Z and 1. It was bitterly cold all day despite many layers being worn. The electric fencing has migrated away from GZ. By a process of elimination we worked out where the stylish hint item used to be and decided to leave a temporary container (small clear tube) at the base of what remains of the tree. Hope this helps with the maintenance of this series and takes some pressure off the CO to rush out and take action. TFTC

View Log

I love throwdowns #2

Premium Member

Found it Found it

01/02/2015

found with shylo and ckronos, this was a nice walk and less muddy than expected!

thanks to *Cache owner* for this one!!!

TFTC!!!!

View Log

Cache owner

Temporarily Disable Listing Temporarily Disable Listing

19/01/2015

Temporarily disabled. See previous log.

Will check around GZ when time allows for suitable alternative new location.

View Log

Honest cacher

Didn't find it Didn't find it

18/01/2015

No cache. No stile. No trees.

Someone has cut down all the trees along here and replaced them with an electric fence. The right of way is blocked by the fence. It is possible to go right round but not easy.

I've reported this to the RoW officer at the council with the enclosed picture.

Suggest this one is suspended pending a solution to this.

A suspected armchair log on one of our earthcaches (subsequently confirmed) led us to this cache listing

Armchair logger

Found it Found it

24/02/2015

tftc

View Log

No cache = no problem

Premium Member

Found it Found it

01/02/2015

Out for a day's caching with 1gowild, zephyrsailor and shylo....we combined the SS series and Lea to Lucent for the main walk of the day....

As we approached we could see the haha and I wondered if there was going to be a way across. Then we got to the location of this cache and spent some time discussing where the trees and the stile used to be. We think we worked it out and since we found a hidey hole in the stump and we had a small replacement cache with us, we decided to put it there in the hope that this will be acceptable to the CO and useful for future cachers.

Cache number 34 of 90 today.

Thanks.

View Log

I love throwdowns #1

Premium Member

Found it Found it

01/02/2015

A caching day out with I love throwdowns #1, I love throwdowns #2 and ****. Logs signed as ****, ****, **** and **** for some and then as the day wore on an even shorter form emerged as SSZ1 or SZS1 or any combination of S, S, Z and 1. It was bitterly cold all day despite many layers being worn. The electric fencing has migrated away from GZ. By a process of elimination we worked out where the stylish hint item used to be and decided to leave a temporary container (small clear tube) at the base of what remains of the tree. Hope this helps with the maintenance of this series and takes some pressure off the CO to rush out and take action. TFTC

View Log

I love throwdowns #2

Premium Member

Found it Found it

01/02/2015

found with shylo and ckronos, this was a nice walk and less muddy than expected!

thanks to *Cache owner* for this one!!!

TFTC!!!!

View Log

Cache owner

Temporarily Disable Listing Temporarily Disable Listing

19/01/2015

Temporarily disabled. See previous log.

Will check around GZ when time allows for suitable alternative new location.

View Log

Honest cacher

Didn't find it Didn't find it

18/01/2015

No cache. No stile. No trees.

Someone has cut down all the trees along here and replaced them with an electric fence. The right of way is blocked by the fence. It is possible to go right round but not easy.

I've reported this to the RoW officer at the council with the enclosed picture.

Suggest this one is suspended pending a solution to this.

Edited by me N u

I dunno if this counts but i found this on one of my more recent nanoo finds.

Found it Found it 12/5/2013

This was a tricky one durng the daytime. Security drove by often. Looked under, over, etc. Found the cahe after a few minutes but this is a busy place. A muggle with not much to do thought I was admiring the construction of the bridge and started talking about welding and rivets and which company built the thing - and so on. No escape and no way to make the grab unnoticed. I secretly snapped a quick picture of the cache and made a graceful exit. Lol!

Multi thousand find cacher A

Found it

28/02/2015

Me Multi thousand find cacher B and Multi thousand find cacher C came over from XXX to do some caching in XXX today. We had all the park caches loaded in the GPS, we arrived at GZ and found nothing, we all looked around and still nothing. We read several logs and then we thought the cache had gone. We replaced the cache where it goes, hope the CO does not mind. we found a little hole in the bank just the right size for a cache. We signed the log in our team name for the day team THROWDOWN, TFTC

Found it Found it

28/02/2015

Team THROWDOWN were on a mission to tick off The XXX Cache in XXX. Once we had completed that mission we set about clearing the caches in the park.

This was our last in the park and would have been a DNF had we not replaced the AWOL container. Obvious hiding place with 1 foot on the GPS.

Hope the CO approves, SL as Team THROWDOWN TFTC.

:)Found it

After confirmation from the CO, we did find the home of the cache, however it seems to have disappeared. What am I going to do now on my weekends to get me off the couch! TFTC loved the time spent looking for it even still it was a great family outing each and every time.

TFTC, we didn't find the cache but we did find it's home, once it is back in its rightful place we will come to sign the log!

TFTC,had fun searching for this cache, we even brought out the metal detector for this one. CO says we found the home of the cache but the cache has went missing!

Logging this one as a find, because I was the cacher who found it missing

And the cache owner logged a find as well:

With all the DNF glad to see is worked out for all.

And the cache onwer logged a second find:

TFTC all is good

Edited by CanadianRockies

:DFound it!

Yes the tree is gone and the container as well, we replaced the cache with a new container and put in the area that the prior finder suggested. TFTC

The tree was cut down due to disease. Too bad they didn't replace the tree as well.

Edited by JASTA 11

:) Found It!

Didn't really find do not go over there,there are nifes a old house we think a homes less person,not safe.

:( Didn't Find It

Didn't find this one. I did find the transient camp nearby which is a little unnerving because you never know what type of person might be lurking in the middle of the woods.