Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

We went to find a cache abroad that was clearly missing (and placed 3 steps from a security booth, and a vacation cache). Logged NM as we weren't the first who could not find it. Cache got replaced few days later by a local. Cache owner mailed us stating:

Hi Hi :-)

You can log GCxxxxx if you want :-)

Found it 2.png

Saw this object while searching for another cache, but couldnt remember what I needed it for. Then, while on a caching run with another cacher, he reminded me of this cache. Did what was needed, then headed to GZ, but couldnt make the find. Came back today with another cacher who found it, but she confirmed it was missing. After a text from the CO, i returned a 3rd time to replace the missing container. TFTC

2.pngFound it

Found it..but was not able to sign log due to height issues (or lack of in my case).

I use to have a cache that was clearly visible from the ground but required some figuring how to get to it. It was rated a 1.5/3. It wasn't complicated but you had to have the right, simple equipment to get to it. In the hint I even told them what kind of tools to bring. They only had to figure out how to use those tools which was different than the tools normal use. One cacher logged a find saying she could see it but couldn't figure out how to retrieve the cache. Several had been able to sign the log previously. I sent her an email asking she change her 'find' to a note as she had no signed the log. She replied that she could not figure out how to get to the cache and I should let her claim it as a find. I pointed out the rating and it wasn't intended to be a park and grab. She refused to change her find so I deleted her find. She sent me an email questioning my parentage and other string of words I can't print here. You'd have thought I had killed and eaten her puppy.

Cacher with one other find and helper with zero finds "found" this one. Note how they even supplied a new hint.

That's special service!

:)

Found it, unfortunately all that's left is the red water bottle. We placed note cards in the bottle for people to record their experiences; new catch name 'message in a bottle.' It's in the same gps location. (The picture is not the location. )

Hint: "Don't take what you know for granite, rocks don't grow on trees. Continue to pray for what you are searching for, but at the level of your knees."

I will honestly say I have done something like what is being described I found the cache and when I opened it pure soup the log was gone and I didn't have anything on me to replace it for a micro. SO I took a picture of the log and cache itself NOT the location and posted it needed maintenance and replaced as found.

I will honestly say I have done something like what is being described I found the cache and when I opened it pure soup the log was gone and I didn't have anything on me to replace it for a micro. SO I took a picture of the log and cache itself NOT the location and posted it needed maintenance and replaced as found.

Better that than throwing down a replacement, IMHO. :)

:) Found it

24/07/2014

Claiming half a find for this - found and solved puzzle - put co-ords into GPS only for batteries to fail. No problem insert back-up batteries ......also flat

Moral of the story - always check your equipment and spares before setting off

Edited by me N u

Throwdown Cacher to Get the Numbers

Premium Member

:D Found it Found it

05/23/2014

With a previous finder who said its missing! I replaced! Hope the CO doesn't mind! Can't have a missing cache on way to GWXII

Honest No Find Cacher 1

Premium Member

:( Didn't find it Didn't find it

04/12/2014

I cannot find this cache either. Is this missing?

Honest No Find Cacher 2

Premium Member

04/05/2014

Found a fence post cap that came off at one of my GZ but nothing there. :-(

Honest No Find Cacher 3

04/04/2014

Well, I went back & looked again. "Walked the line" for at least 50' each side of GZ, poking my nose into everything I could think of & all I found was THIS. If it's here, it's too well hidden for me :(

Here's one I came across recently where the cache has apparently been missing for a while and people are still logging finds, most of them explicitly stating they only found a magnet:

mocrash

11/01/2014 Needs Maintenance

Magnets are still there. Cache is gone.

Premium Member

10/25/2014 Found it Found it

Found with KS Guy and man from Iowa.

Premium Member

10/18/2014 Found it Found it

I was in Kansas City for a short trip with the muggle hubby. I love bookstores, so we ended up here. I found the magnet where the cache was. I didn't have a replacement container else I would have helped you out. I have a pic of myself pointing it out as well. If you aren't cool with this log just delete it :) TFTS!

Premium Member

09/27/2014 Found it

Kinda magnet only

Premium Member

09/27/2014 Found it

Only found the magnet. Great area

Premium Member

09/18/2014 Didn't find it

I gave this a quick look and only found a magnet. I hope it's not missing. I didn't look very hard, though. Too many people around.

I thought this was a perfect example for this thread. I did a 5/5 tree climb recently and noticed the last to log a find was not on the log. Figured it was just newbie that didn't know any better. Wrong!

XxxxxXxxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 11679

:) Found it 07/30/2014

TFTC Team [redacted]. Xx There are words to use on a cache like this, but my dad doesn't allow those words.

1 :( DNF (us, didn't read the previous logs properly)

4 :) photologs

4 genuine :)

1 throwdown 28/06/2014

5 :( DNF

3 :) Fhotologs

2 Needs maintenance

:( Didn't find it 26/05/2013

I've search for a while, but i didn't find it.

:) Found it 11/04/2013

I would call it gold!

First I found the magnet, then I found the bottom, then I found the lid and then I didn't find the log.

I thought this was a perfect example for this thread. I did a 5/5 tree climb recently and noticed the last to log a find was not on the log. Figured it was just newbie that didn't know any better. Wrong!

XxxxxXxxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 11679

TFTC Team [redacted]. Xx There are words to use on a cache like this, but my dad doesn't allow those words.

That's funny.

The same 'player' has been armchair logging in our area too: http://coord.info/GCR90W

They get around!

:) Found it

10/15/2013

After kayaking over, looking for over an hour, finding the paracord, latrine, someones camp area to include frying pan and chair and the easy (NOT) kayak back I'm claiming this as found. Was here with xxxxx who was here previously and had found it and we had no luck. May want to check on this.

I posted a note just to see:

I'm confused, is it there or not? If it's been found, then it's there. If it's not there, then it can't be found.

This is confusing. (I think I said that already)

I admit that I didn't read ALL of the previous pages, so this may have been answered before...how can you log a find that you haven't actually found? What if the cache has been moved, stolen, lost? Doesn't that hurt others' attempts?

No one knows why some folks need to log a find they (really) didn't find.

- Maybe some believe that it's a, "strike against them" (such a loser!) to log a DNF.

A DNF lets an active CO and future cachers know there may be an issue and simply means you didn't find it, not a badge of shame.

XxxxxXxxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 11679

That's funny.

The same 'player' has been armchair logging in our area too: http://coord.info/GCR90W

They get around!

I guess the weather back home is much nicer so they don't want to waste their time actually visiting the north east. Why should they bother when they could just log difficult tree climbs and archived multis from home? Love it.

XxxxxXxxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 11679

That's funny.

They get around!

I guess the weather back home is much nicer so they don't want to waste their time actually visiting the north east. Why should they bother when they could just log difficult tree climbs and archived multis from home? Love it.

I don't want to veer this off topic, but there is definitely armchair logging going on there, and with a cacher with over 11,000 claimed finds in just 4 years of Geocaching. There was actually an incident with a guy armchair logging caches all over the U.S. (I believe he really did travel, but just logged caches he drove near), and TPTB wiped out his finds. If you googled his username, you would have found him being discussed not only here, but in several regional Geocaching forums in areas he logged caches in. I don't think that would happen here, but there is a precedent.

I've been enjoying this thread, and have a couple of fun examples of the type of log in question.

The first is from a cache that was an Altoids tin hidden behind a building. The logs previous to this one were 2 DNFs and one Write Note log, all saying the building is being torn down:

xxxxx xxxxxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 737

:)Found it 10/18/2014

it appears to be missing but we were near ground zero so i am logging as found. visited the pawn shop next store to this cache. on vacation from utah for 4 days and 3 nights in las vegas. the other found it log does not appear to be a real find.

That last sentence gets me every time.

Another cache I watch because I spent a lot of time looking for it and ended up with a DNF. It turns out it was gone, but this cache rarely seems to get reviewers looking at it because all the DNF logs are peppered with dubious Found logs. The first log I'll share is following a DNF and then a Needs Maintenance log in which the cacher says she talked with a local who knew where the cache was supposed to be, but when they both went there, the cache was missing; just the nail it hung on remained.

The other thing to note about this cache is you need to either own a boat or pay for a boat ride to get to the island, as the first logger will tell you:

XxxXxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 2268

:)Found it 08/06/2013

We knew exactly what to look for, what to expect and found the "thing"it "was on" right where it "should have been", however no container. After spending $78 for boat tickets to get there, another $50 for lunch, I am claiming this as a FOUND because we will probably never be here again and 50% of the reason we came here was because of the cache! Oh, we LOVE geocaching. Nice boat trip though out of Fisherman's wharf.

It seems if you spend enough on transportation & lunch at a place you probably won't go to again and are half-interested in the cache during your visit, you qualify for a find. That's a lot of rationalization happening right there in print.

There is at least one other Found log for that cache saying they found only a nail, but the one I posted is my fave.

I've been enjoying this thread, and have a couple of fun examples of the type of log in question.

The first is from a cache that was an Altoids tin hidden behind a building. The logs previous to this one were 2 DNFs and one Write Note log, all saying the building is being torn down:

xxxxx xxxxxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 737

:)Found it 10/18/2014

it appears to be missing but we were near ground zero so i am logging as found. visited the pawn shop next store to this cache. on vacation from utah for 4 days and 3 nights in las vegas. the other found it log does not appear to be a real find.

That last sentence gets me every time.

Another cache I watch because I spent a lot of time looking for it and ended up with a DNF. It turns out it was gone, but this cache rarely seems to get reviewers looking at it because all the DNF logs are peppered with dubious Found logs. The first log I'll share is following a DNF and then a Needs Maintenance log in which the cacher says she talked with a local who knew where the cache was supposed to be, but when they both went there, the cache was missing; just the nail it hung on remained.

The other thing to note about this cache is you need to either own a boat or pay for a boat ride to get to the island, as the first logger will tell you:

XxxXxxxx

Premium Member

Caches Found 2268

:)Found it 08/06/2013

We knew exactly what to look for, what to expect and found the "thing"it "was on" right where it "should have been", however no container. After spending $78 for boat tickets to get there, another $50 for lunch, I am claiming this as a FOUND because we will probably never be here again and 50% of the reason we came here was because of the cache! Oh, we LOVE geocaching. Nice boat trip though out of Fisherman's wharf.

It seems if you spend enough on transportation & lunch at a place you probably won't go to again and are half-interested in the cache during your visit, you qualify for a find. That's a lot of rationalization happening right there in print.

There is at least one other Found log for that cache saying they found only a nail, but the one I posted is my fave.

I got a good LOL out of both of these examples, thanks for sharing!

Here's a snip from one of my cache pages. -

b0362674-21a8-469f-8c0e-902f24a666fc.png?rnd=0.8566574

These two couldn't come up with the hide (it wasn't a difficult hide) and decided to call me after they called somebody for help and decided it was missing. I gave them my apologies and told them I'd disabled it and get there to replace it when I get the chance. One of them asked "We can log it, right?"

To which I replied "Yes, feel free to log a NM and a DNF if you wish."

Then the other (who didn't bother with the difficult puzzle and claimed a find on nothing) says "Well, we want to log it as found, that's okay right?"

To which I replied "No, that's not okay. You didn't find anything. The cache isn't there."

They both seemed offended that I wouldn't approve of their cheesy tactics, so I told them that if they felt they needed to log a false find, then to do what they feel they have to do. I refuse to approve it though and that if they say "logging with CO's permission" in their log, then I would delete it.

I later got an email from one of them expressing thanks that I did not delete their false find as this cache is the last in their "10 mile radius".

Less than ten miles and you can't come back to sign the log when the cache is actually there?

Sometimes I just don't understand geocachers.

Here's a snip from one of my cache pages. -

b0362674-21a8-469f-8c0e-902f24a666fc.png?rnd=0.8566574

These two couldn't come up with the hide (it wasn't a difficult hide) and decided to call me after they called somebody for help and decided it was missing. I gave them my apologies and told them I'd disabled it and get there to replace it when I get the chance. One of them asked "We can log it, right?"

To which I replied "Yes, feel free to log a NM and a DNF if you wish."

Then the other (who didn't bother with the difficult puzzle and claimed a find on nothing) says "Well, we want to log it as found, that's okay right?"

To which I replied "No, that's not okay. You didn't find anything. The cache isn't there."

They both seemed offended that I wouldn't approve of their cheesy tactics, so I told them that if they felt they needed to log a false find, then to do what they feel they have to do. I refuse to approve it though and that if they say "logging with CO's permission" in their log, then I would delete it.

I later got an email from one of them expressing thanks that I did not delete their false find as this cache is the last in their "10 mile radius".

Less than ten miles and you can't come back to sign the log when the cache is actually there?

Sometimes I just don't understand geocachers.

You are more tolerant than I would be. If someone posted all that on one of my caches that I knew was not there, I would delete it without hesitation.

We actually didn't find this one but I wanted to remove it from the list and claiming it as "Found" was the only way to remove it. We would have looked for it but it was in someones yard. We found the tree just we weren't comfortable going in the yard, especially with the neighbor's dogs coming over to check us out.

Thanks anyways.

This is a log I discovered on a cache I wanted to find in a town near where I live.

We actually didn't find this one but I wanted to remove it from the list and claiming it as "Found" was the only way to remove it. We would have looked for it but it was in someones yard. We found the tree just we weren't comfortable going in the yard, especially with the neighbor's dogs coming over to check us out.

Thanks anyways.

This is a log I discovered on a cache I wanted to find in a town near where I live.

I guess they're not familiar with the "ignore" option.

Oh wait....you don't get a smiley for that.

Saw this log on a cache that I'm hoping to find in the next couple weeks. It's had some DNF's followed by the CO checking and confirming the cache is in place. It's likely just a tough hide, but interesting to see someone log a find when they know they didn't find it. The geocacher that logged the "found it" had about 1800 finds at the point of this false log.

Solved the Sudoku while having a cup of coffee...I found GZ and the item in the hint description, but no cache container. I decided to claim the cache as found anyway.

The next log entry, almost one month later...+1:

The previous searcher shouldn't log a find on an unfound cache though!

Sure enough when I checked the new location was 400 feet from another. I never found the cache but logged it anyhow.

Posted right here in the forum by a veteran. Justification: going along with the "community standards," & "two wrongs sometimes make a right."

:unsure:

Yeah....that was a bit discerning to see. I was sure to add my two cents in that thread as well. A find is a fact and that cacher logged the find falsely regardless of how they try to justify it.

LegitUser log:

11.pngWebcam Photo Taken

Yep - that white splot was me, shivering while holding my [redacted] and my cellphone to communicate with my co-webcamers [NotThere-1], [NotThere-2], [NotThere-3], [NotThere-4] and [Didn'tLogIt]. Thanks, guys and gal, for grabbing the screen-shots.

NotThere-1 log:

11.pngWebcam Photo Taken

[LegitUser] did the cold work, while I got to stay home in the warm.

NotThere-2 log:

11.pngWebcam Photo Taken

Many thanks to [LegitUser] for setting this up.

He's really there ... honest.

NotThere-3 log:

11.pngWebcam Photo Taken

Beautiful day on [redacted] for [LegitUser]

NotThere-4 log:

11.pngWebcam Photo Taken

This is my first webcam cache. Thanks to [LegitUser] for braving the cold for the photoshoot! That's him standing behind the [redacted]. I had no idea this cam was publicly available. I guess Big Brother is watching everywhere. Thanks for showing us this cam.

Looking at a cache found by an acquaintance:

2.png Found it

10/10/2014

As the cache owner hasn't been active for longer time, I allowed myself to place a new cache. It is a small brown-taped pills box (size micro) and the logbook is very simple. I hope it will work at least for some time.

As for the location, I tried to place it as close as possible to the supposed original location. It is in the right hole in the wall behind a stone, please see the attached spoiler.

Be careful, there are many muggles around and replace unseen.

2.png Found it

09/21/2014

Same comment as the post before.

1. The only wall of natural stones is the small waterfall.

2. The area is used as a toilet.

3. There is a new wall built.

I guess the box is away.

As I was there, coming down the ladder over the pass (and then back over the pass down to north peak) I allow to place this log.

Of the owner doesn't agree I would like you to eliminate it.

Thank you for the cache.

A better place maybe at the ladder of above at the restpoint

2.pngFound it

08/23/2014

We searched without success! How abcde we have made ​​similar images!

We log this cache, therefore, as found.

If it is not okay delete this Log.

2.pngFound it

08/22/2014

Difficult. T his cache. I traveled a long way from switzerland for this cache. And now I'm totally confused. Which pictures (for the hint) are now up to date? Spoiler 1 and 2? Or fotohint 1 and 2? I didn't found the wall of spoiler 1 and 2! I found the place of Fotohint 1 and 2! However, it now looks a bit different there. And there is no cache. If the place of fotohint 1 and 2 is correct, then I found it. New images (22 August 2014) I present herewith. If this is all correct, I log the cache as found. If the owner does not agree, please delete log.

2.png Found it

08/18/2014

I started the climb around 4pm and made it under 3 hours to the north peak, just on time for the r

Sunset.

I went in to the east peak but it was nice and I was tired so I didn't look for the cache. In the morning, during the after -sunrise- viewing rush I forgot so I came back for it just before I left. Thankfully it was before the big climb!

Easily vound but people seem to use the area as a toilet!

And on, and on.

2.png Found it

05/31/2013

After a hard walk to the GZ could we also find the building, how described.

Together with abcde have We replaced the Cache -the Owner has that conhirmed. The Cache is now an big Petling? Fixes in a Kind of rope because there is the danger that the Cache falls into the building.

The place is how described.

Thanks for showing this beautiful place - One of the Highlights of our xxxxx Trip!

And on...

2.png Found it

06/11/2011

found it during my trip around country.

Xxx is a great place and it was a great experience climb that mountain.

Before the trip I wrote to owners and asked them about the situation about this cache.

the logs indicated that the cache is lost and, moreover, badly coordinates are wrong (see log from the abcdee). (owner) confirmed that. So they asked me to verify the location and possible recovery cache.

with agreement of the owner I hide a new box near the place where it was originally hidden. there is some ongoing construction and civil engineering work on the original site.

To summarize: The CO lives about 4000 miles away. (Sounds like a vacation cache.) Cache hidden in 2009. (It sounds like a spectacular spot, except that a lot of people use the spot as an out-door restroom...)

Five DNFs before the first throwdown in 2011. (The coords seem to have been bad.) A small Lock and Lock.

Six finds and two DNFs later, cache replaced by a bison tube. (Well. Of course they found their throw down!)

Two finds and a DNF later (Hey! One of the finds picked up the TB from the larger container!) The cache was replaced by a film canister. (Yup! Found their throw down!) Six or seven finds later, another throw down! A different film canister.)

Looks like a great spot! But no one found the original container. And the rest of the 32 finds are on throw downs! And it's near a food facility, and a lot of people seem to use the area as an outdoor lavatory.

Looking at a cache found by an acquaintance:

2.png Found it

10/10/2014

As the cache owner hasn't been active for longer time, I allowed myself to place a new cache. It is a small brown-taped pills box (size micro) and the logbook is very simple. I hope it will work at least for some time.

As for the location, I tried to place it as close as possible to the supposed original location. It is in the right hole in the wall behind a stone, please see the attached spoiler.

Be careful, there are many muggles around and replace unseen.

2.png Found it

09/21/2014

Same comment as the post before.

1. The only wall of natural stones is the small waterfall.

2. The area is used as a toilet.

3. There is a new wall built.

I guess the box is away.

As I was there, coming down the ladder over the pass (and then back over the pass down to north peak) I allow to place this log.

Of the owner doesn't agree I would like you to eliminate it.

Thank you for the cache.

A better place maybe at the ladder of above at the restpoint

2.pngFound it

08/23/2014

We searched without success! How abcde we have made ​​similar images!

We log this cache, therefore, as found.

If it is not okay delete this Log.

2.pngFound it

08/22/2014

Difficult. T his cache. I traveled a long way from switzerland for this cache. And now I'm totally confused. Which pictures (for the hint) are now up to date? Spoiler 1 and 2? Or fotohint 1 and 2? I didn't found the wall of spoiler 1 and 2! I found the place of Fotohint 1 and 2! However, it now looks a bit different there. And there is no cache. If the place of fotohint 1 and 2 is correct, then I found it. New images (22 August 2014) I present herewith. If this is all correct, I log the cache as found. If the owner does not agree, please delete log.

2.png Found it

08/18/2014

I started the climb around 4pm and made it under 3 hours to the north peak, just on time for the r

Sunset.

I went in to the east peak but it was nice and I was tired so I didn't look for the cache. In the morning, during the after -sunrise- viewing rush I forgot so I came back for it just before I left. Thankfully it was before the big climb!

Easily vound but people seem to use the area as a toilet!

And on, and on.

2.png Found it

05/31/2013

After a hard walk to the GZ could we also find the building, how described.

Together with abcde have We replaced the Cache -the Owner has that conhirmed. The Cache is now an big Petling? Fixes in a Kind of rope because there is the danger that the Cache falls into the building.

The place is how described.

Thanks for showing this beautiful place - One of the Highlights of our xxxxx Trip!

And on...

2.png Found it

06/11/2011

found it during my trip around country.

Xxx is a great place and it was a great experience climb that mountain.

Before the trip I wrote to owners and asked them about the situation about this cache.

the logs indicated that the cache is lost and, moreover, badly coordinates are wrong (see log from the abcdee). (owner) confirmed that. So they asked me to verify the location and possible recovery cache.

with agreement of the owner I hide a new box near the place where it was originally hidden. there is some ongoing construction and civil engineering work on the original site.

To summarize: The CO lives about 4000 miles away. (Sounds like a vacation cache.) Cache hidden in 2009. (It sounds like a spectacular spot, except that a lot of people use the spot as an out-door restroom...)

Five DNFs before the first throwdown in 2011. (The coords seem to have been bad.) A small Lock and Lock.

Six finds and two DNFs later, cache replaced by a bison tube. (Well. Of course they found their throw down!)

Two finds and a DNF later (Hey! One of the finds picked up the TB from the larger container!) The cache was replaced by a film canister. (Yup! Found their throw down!) Six or seven finds later, another throw down! A different film canister.)

Looks like a great spot! But no one found the original container. And the rest of the 32 finds are on throw downs! And it's near a food facility, and a lot of people seem to use the area as an outdoor lavatory.

An NA is in order then? Sick'm Rex.

Cacher X, >4300 finds:

Found it

12/06/2014

This one was missing. I did not have a large container, so I placed a large pill bottle at the cache location with a rock pile next to it. I hope the next cacher can bring something larger to replace.

Edited by TriciaG

Webcam cache that hasn't had a working cam for months - one of many similar logs during that period:

We were excited to realise we were passing this one on our way to see the mousehole lights this year so we could bag a webcam cache. Tried the link though suspected it would still be awaiting maintainence. However, as instructed to do we smiled into our own camera phones drawing just a few strange looks and will upload to this log. TFTc

Same webcam cache - 14000+ finds cacher:

I'd noticed there was a webcam here so we stopped off to find it on our way to lands end today. We only realised this morning it wasn't working properly so I stood on the hotel wall to accurately reproduce the correct webcam photos and we stood where people have stood previously. I hope the hotel will restore the cameras to allow this to continue into the future as it's a good one. Many thanks for keeping it going, it's much appreciated.

Found it

01/20/2014

XXXXXXX and I were out trying to fill in the bottom 2 tiers of Michigan counties on our map. Success! 6 more to go.

We found the retrieval mechanism, but the cache appeared to be frozen in place, so we were not able to sign the log.

Found it

01/20/2014

Out with XXXXX on a quest to fill in our county map for southwestern Michigan. Success! Six counties down, six more to go until we've filled in the whole state.

On our way to hit the corner of Cass county, we noticed this little string of caches and decided to stop.

We sort of found it. Found the thing that was attached to the cache. But the cache itself was frozen into place and not quite retrievable.

2.pngFound it

07/13/2014

There is a cache there now! I updated the cash with a 35mm film canister with a logbook inside. I notified the owner of the exact location. You can email me as well first clue.

I'm not sure how long this cache will last. Any really good rain is likely to wash it away like it probably did the others.

UPDATE of cache description. The resort nearby has changed hands and it is now a XXXXXX resort. Entry before 5 PM is 7 US dollars. After it's free but only to go to the restaurant. It's not recommended for anyone to go hiking around because security and make kick you out.

Well, it was a 'small' container.

And, a short distance away, another 'small' container that disappeared:

2.png Found it

10/09/2014

Came to XXXX on the XXXXX and took the Segway tour that included going to XXXXX Island. We explained geocaching to our hiking guide and he lead us to the restaurant at GZ. We noticed the previous 3 finders DNFd it and we looked too but also came up empty. We continued up to the Fort and then got caught in a rain storm and had to retreat back to the restaurant. It stopped raining and then we replaced the cache with a green preform in the place described in the hint. Our local guide said he'd keep an eye on it & was enthusiastic about the sport. SL TFTC! :-)