Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

I was looking at some TBs and ended up at log that would be an excellent post for this thread. Before posting to this thread I searched out a bunch of the members logs and quickly realized that ANYTIME he posts he uses the "Found It" selection.

He has a LOT of finds...bug dips, notes, checking his own caches, maintaining his own caches, didn't find it, discovering bugs in caches he'd previously visited, etc. ALL logged with smiley's!

Frankly I could absolutely care less. 5 finds, 5000 finds means the exact same thing to me and it's absolutely worthless as this thread proves. I wish GS would just remove all public displays of find counts.

This thread does make for some very entertaining reading and it's fun.

My personal favorites are cachers who in this very thread post...

"Oh duh, I've only posted a find a few times where I didn't find it. Once was when I found parts of the cache but no log book......., etc."

Most likely they didn't read the whole thread or they simply don't realize everyone is making fun of them.

Fun stuff!

Took a smiley on a cache that was actually disabled more recently than the pocket query I did for the area the cache is in.

Apparently the CO did some maintenance on 4/22, and on 6/8 two cachers reported finding the contents of the cache scattered about, but no container. They both took the find, but left the contents of the cache laying there. They did report the cache needing maintenance, and the CO acknowledged.

My wife and I, working off a dated pocket query, found the cache remnants today and decided to save what we could. The original log was intact, although wet, but the other contents were pretty much trashed. I bagged it all up and brought it home to dry out. In the mean time I logged it as a find and let the CO know I had the old log.

I was wishing I had another container with me to put out, but this was a spur-of-the-moment stop on the way to the in-laws.

Got in touch with the owner this morning, and he is placing a new container in the near future. I'll dry out the log and either place it in the new cache or give it to him when I get back in that part of town. Hopefully he will use a container thats easier to conceal and less likely to be muggled.

Edited by qlenfg

icon_smile.gif April 15 by throwdowncacher (1103 found)

Out in this end of the woods for some Geolunch and checked. I think this is AWOL. So I put a replacement where I thought this should be. Hope that's ok.?

[After two finds and two DNFs, the owner goes to check]

June 22 by CacheOwner(904 found)

This cache is right where it belongs, in fact, the original one was right there too... right where it was suppose to be!

The difficulty rating was increased a bit since there have been so many DNF's.

[it took me two trips to find this one. I guess I should carry 35mm canisters with me to save some time. I wish the owner had removed the false find.]

Edited by beejay&esskay

icon_remove.gif May 12 by He Gets It (590 found)

This cache has not been found since August 2006, despite the logs of some who claimed they "logged it on principle", though they didn't find it at all. Please do not log this cache "Found" or it will never get archived as it needs to be. The cache owner has not logged on to GC.com since August 2006. This is a great spot for a cache and should be freed up for someone to place one here.

icon_sad.gif August 9, 2007 by honest joe (18 found)

From the photo's we were in the right place but no cache!

:D July 3, 2007 by gotmeasmiley (369 found)

Another great day of hiking and seeking. With Mitsu1 and Sorensen0.

:D July 3, 2007 by huh (520 found)

Posting a picture to document our adventure. This was a really great day in the great outdoors. Thanks.

:D July 3, 2007 by liar liar (2724 found)

This was a beautiful and great hike. Really enjoyed it a lot even though the cache was not there. We will post a photo and log this virtually since precedent was set by pryor cachers. Great place for a cache and would love to hike this again if cache replaced. Found with Mitsu1 and BrownPaint on a caching odyssey today. We were stimulated greatly in our journey and were left tired mentally and physically. Thanks.

:D May 7, 2007 by pants on fire (543 found)

I shoulda read the previous visitor's comments. Went twice, once the back way over the top, then found the trail down to the trail head. Took my wife and two friends back to help me cause I knew it had to be there. Cache is gone but a beautiful spot for one, hope the caretaker replaces it. Gonna claim it for the hard work I did.

:D April 22, 2007 by forked tongue (72 found)

I am claiming this one on principle. If the encryted hints were "its in a tree,---hidden in a tree" then I know I was at the hollowed out tree where the cache was first placed but now long gone. my garmin etrex legend has never lied to me. great place to take pitchers

icon_sad.gif April 13, 2007 by Honest T (458 found)

was unable too find this one....

icon_sad.gifDecember 9, 2006 by Truthful Tim (27 found)

Don't believe it's there. Several in group and looked for over an half-hour.

[disabled] June 16 by cache owner (241 found)

sorry about the missing cache,will replace as soon as possible.

:D June 15 by xxxxxxx (40 found)

Talked with cache owner about this one. When he gets it back up, stop by and grab this one. Great area, have driven through here and this cache made us visit the location. Nice quick grab.

[needs maintenance] June 15 by xxxxxxx (40 found)

This one is missing in action. Went right to it and the only thing home was a few ants and a large bug!

my latest comment was "i came, i looked, i ate mulberries, i left... but i shall return" i emailed the required information for the cache but couldn't find the container. i mentioned that to the owner as well. it may be mia so i'll wait til i know something is there.

i also found the top and bottom of a cache but no log. reported as a maintainence check not a dnf. that seems to get the owners attention more than found and replaced or put pieces back together and added paper. pesty varmin. :)

I'm a rookie at this. Went caching with my son a few weeks ago and we "found" a cache but there were wasp nests between us and the cache and no way around. We saw it, it was less than 5 feet away but if I'm too chicken to go for it I'm not going to take credit for it. I may go back with a fishing rod :D

Yesterday I found a cache that I suspect had previously been found by a geocat. So I got out my rubber gloves and claimed the prize :angry:

Edited by marisatz

icon_smile.gif June 28 by Sort Of Came Near It (1207 found)

Our GCT Tour group passed very close to the North Gate on our way to visit the West Gate, so feel that we could claim this as a find. If not acceptable, pleas delete.

Cute! Admit that you weren't even very close, but log it anyway! Hope that the owner won't delete the find you never made. Hmm...

One placed here close in a fountain. Difficulty level is whether there's water in the fountain. Gets some interesting logs along this line:

"I found this, I just don't think I should trespass/climb into the fountain full of water to get it. Attached is a picture. I have emailed the owner asking if it was good enough, until I hear otherwise I count this as a find. Unless of course I got the wrong spot. :) Thanks for the cache"

Just when is the sister site www.velcrocaching.com going live?

icon_smile.gifJuly 12 by Hunter of Velcro(299 found)

So its been missing since September 2007, guess what, It still is missing!! GPSr was right on the money, I did find the velcro .... and as others I am logging as a find!

icon_smile.gifJanuary 30 by Velcro Too(1785 found)

Found it with my wife on a small trip to Jacksonville on a golf brake. .. could not sign the log

icon_smile.gifSeptember 22, 2007 by Velcro! (5126 found)

Found on a rainy afternoon in the Jax area, actually came up here for a antique show, but just had to grab a few before we headed back home. Thanks to everyone who hid these great caches, even though the weather was bad, still had a fun time!! As with others we found the velcro, no container.

icon_smile.gif August 11, 2007 by Velcro R US (4384 found)

As with the last cacher, we found the velcro but nothing to sign.

TFTH!

icon_smile.gif July 21, 2007 by We Like Velcro (142 found)

Found the velcro...canister is missing...

icon_sad.gif May 20, 2007 by Not a Velcro Hunter (2691 found)

Yep, looks like it's gone. I did meet the two noisy, hissing goose parents though...

icon_smile.gifMay 18, 2007 by More Velcro (516 found)

Found the tape and velcro and a nickle but the cache was gone. Pleasant evening out. Was watched by Mama and Papa Goose with chicks. Nice location.TFTH

icon_smile.gif April 17, 2007 by Noobie Doesn't Know (3 found)

My first time out, found it with my geocaching teacher User Loves Velcro

TFTC

icon_smile.gif April 17, 2007 by User Loves Velcro (908 found)

What a cool spot! found velcro only, you need to check this one

So its been missing since September 2007, guess what, It still is missing!! GPSr was right on the money, I did find the velcro .... and as others I am logging as a find!

Good grief. :(:blink:

Someone should SBA that one!

icon_camera.gif July 11 by No Camera? So What? (118 found) Well as you can see, the camera is missing in action; there's a mount and a few wires, but NO camera. We were wondering if these people were tired of folks staring into their window like idiots or what. :D Had a good time drawing attention to ourselves anyways. TFTH

icon_smile.gif July 24 by Whatchutalkingabout? (268 found)

Logging this as a find even though the cache wasn't there. Found the spot no problem because of the wire still hanging in the tree, right where the clue said it would be. I emailed the owner with the info and offered to send along a photo of the evidence but got no reply. Still have the photo if anybody is intrested. It was a disapointment to drive all the way out there (when am I ever going to be able to do that again?) and not come up with a cache.

O well.

icon_smile.gif July 24 by Whatchutalkingabout? (268 found)

Logging this as a find even though the cache wasn't there. Found the spot no problem because of the wire still hanging in the tree, right where the clue said it would be. I emailed the owner with the info and offered to send along a photo of the evidence but got no reply. Still have the photo if anybody is intrested. It was a disapointment to drive all the way out there (when am I ever going to be able to do that again?) and not come up with a cache.

O well.

Apparently, I can't edit that post a couple of days later? I guess I never tried, interesting. I just wanted to say, the cache in question is in an extremely remote area, although it's sort of a summer tourist destination. Not that I myself would log a find for finding wire in a tree. :D

icon_smile.gif Found the spot, but not the cache! No film canister that I could find, but I was right on it at 0.0 feet! 1st find on my own!

obviously the dude that logged this is an idiot who doesnt have a clue. I just started caching a week ago and already i know this. Ive spent over an hour at two different cache sites and havent found the caches. I wouldnt dare mark those caches as found. this person has. thats unfortunate. the only thing i can guess from this sort of behavior is that this person has no patience. because of his lack of patience, i figure this person will like geocaching for another, ohhhhh, 15 minutes max. then his profile will go to dead/nonexistent where it belongs. no worries all. "real geocachers" will rise to the top and get the most enjoyment out of the hobby. someday i hope to join all of you at the top. until then, i will continue to have patience and take it one cache at a time.

holy geez.........that prediction is pretty darn accurate.

:( July 18 by I'mNotThere,ButIKnowSomebodyThatWas (997 found)

My mom and my sister were in Norway visiting a friend. They were nice enough to go find a cache and let me log it. My first cache out of the USA. Below are some notes from them.

"Thanks for the adventure in Norway. The fountain water tastes really good. Left a key chain from Frankenmuth, Michigan USA. Also the coin was not in the cache."

And here I thought Armchair cachers 'came' from Europe to the US. :(

icon_needsmaint.gif August 10 by VelcroCountsRight?(105 found)

We found the [velcro] but there was not a container anywhere in sight of the location.

[view this log on a separate page]

icon_smile.gif August 9 by VelcroCountsRight?(105 found)

Logging this one even though the cache box and log were missing. Loved the view!

icon_sad.gif May 3 by Believes in the Truth (191 found)

New signs fresh soil around where we thought it was but no luck

icon_sad.gif May 3 by NotaScammer (235 found)

two brand new signs put in by the city may have destroyed this one? and a neighbor telling us what it used to look like, makes me think this one is gone :huh:

icon_sad.gif May 3 by Honesty is a Virtue (392 found)

Attempted to find this during a 24-hour caching expedition with Bluediver24, cwby416, and L-E-YAT. Had no luck at 8:00 AM. Possibly destroyed when new fence and signs were installed? Owner should double check the status of this one.

:blink: December 1, 2007 by Wait in the Car (1086 found)

Running with Honest1; TFTC!!

:blink: December 1, 2007 by Honest1 (1046 found)

6th find of the day for Wait in the Car and I along with Honest2, Honest2 and I hiked up to this cache while Wait in the Car sat in the car. Found this one easily when we approached gz, but I had the misfortune of losing my sunglasses with in the last 150 feet, while approaching gz from the left side, if anyone finds a pair of black oakleys with yellowish tinted lense and gray flames on the sides, please email to make arrangments for their return. TFTCH.

Edited to remove Honest1's real handle. Thanks woofiegrrl!

Edited by Klatch
DNF August 27 by honest Cacher II(140 found)

Tried to find with grandkids, no luck will try again some other time

:sad: August 27 by I want my smillie (1378 found)

we didnt read that it had been moved, just read the clue. is the clue still in effect? we found a likely place at the clue that had been glued down...? logging as a find w/ permission from cache owner. thanks!

DNF August 26 by Honest Cacher I (90 found)

Third time I looked. First- too many muggles. Second- Didn't read the clue. Third- Still no luck.

June 27 by Cache Owner (947 found)

Moved to new location, hopefully to prevent muggling.

Some of the cachers above didn't have the new coordinates at the time of their hunt. I've been caching for a while now but still can't understand how someone can 'get permission' to find a cache that they didn't.

:rolleyes: September 1 by I Found No Cache (50 found)

I think it's been muggled. Cool cabin though. Your right about the gates. I freakin got a little lost and kept driving down roads with a gate. I finally got out of there around 9pm. I should have just blasted thought one of them.

I am very respectful to private property but how in the world I ended up on several roads with locked gates is a mystery to me.

DNF July 12 by Honest Cacher (3893 found)

Drove in the long way via Moon Gulch. We looked hard but the cache eluded us. TFTC

Yep, numbers don't mean much any more.

icon_needsmaint.gif September 4 by unfound cache finders (4709 found)

This cache is missing and seems to not be found since 2007.

It either needs to be replaced or archived

Hey, Unknown cache finders...no need for the "needs maintenance", someone found it yesterday.

icon_smile.gif September 3 by unfound cache finders (4709 found)

We are claiming this cache, if you the owner will let us. WE are from Ohio and most likely won't be back in this area for quite some time.

Oh, never mind. :lol:

[/size][/font]

We are claiming this cache, if you the owner will let us. WE are from Ohio and most likely won't be back in this area for quite some time.

That's pretty sad. I'll most likely never make it back to Denmark again. Can I claim all 7742 caches that are listed in Denmark?

That's pretty sad. I'll most likely never make it back to Denmark again. Can I claim all 7742 caches that are listed in Denmark?

The theory here is to try to pull one over on non-observant, or missing cache owners. "If the owner will let us"? They know they didn't find it. Pretty cheap to put the onus on the cache owner.

Not that I travel far, but I've logged DNFs a few hundred miles away. If I didn't find it, then it's a DNF. Who cares if I'll never visit there again, it's still a DNF. Yes. I was suffering the onset of Lyme, and had trouble with the climb and the hide. I didn't find it! DNF.

Incidentally, I get this a lot on my Webcam cache. "No one was a at home/cell phone service is terrible/whatever. I hope a picture of me at the spot will suffice." Um... NO! Requirement is listed on the cache page. What part of 'photo taken by the webcam and posted here is required' do you not understand??? AARGH!

I just saw this posted as a note:

icon_note.gif August 24 by <a href="http://""" target="_blank"></a>SomeCacher (60 found)

We visited today to find this cache...3 hours and no luck at all, but we will be back, not yet ready to log as a did not find....just a note to say we were here..

3 hours and that's not a DNF??? :laughing:

Hey, they didn't try to claim a find, I'm okay with it. :laughing:

icon_smile.gif May 4 by XXXXxxx (542 found)

Since were with the cache owner, and we needed to eat, we said lets go out to the beach and eat near the Mr Jacks Ribs cache. After a great meal and conversation, both of the cache owners suggested we use our fancy schmansy Colorado and see if we can find it, due to all the DNF's. We get to ground zero and ask the cache owners are we close or are the buildings causing us to be off. They said we were within a "Normal GZ area" 5-10 feet. We started our search, and I notice the wife is looking in an odd place. Then I see the strange look on the owners face, its MIA, BUT had it been there they said we would have found it, 100%. So we should log the find, but it is MIA. Glad we were with them.

May 23 by CO (1xxx found)

need to check up on this one....

icon_sad.gifMay 22 by Honest Cacher 3 (1xx found)

Just as Another Honest Cacher mentions - velcro strip seems all that remains of the cache.

I looked all under, literally standing on my head, no sign of anything other than the one velcro strip.

icon_sad.gif May 21 by Another Honest Cacher (5xx found)

I found a spot of velcro but no cache.

icon_smile.gif February 15 by Velcro Cacher (1x found)

As per permission of the CO, I was awarded credit because I found the location of the muggled cache.

This makes 2 cities I have had the privelage to seek.

Again, thanks to the CO for the effort allowing us to have fun!

icon_sad.gif December 8, 2007 by Honest Cachers (1xx found)

Look and Looked but could not find.

Quite awhile ago a cacher I know called my cellphone several times during the day while I was taking a nap. Five times in a row it went the full amount of ringing before I finally picked it up expecting some kind of emergency. He was at the final stage of a cache where the previous 9 stages were in another area. He wanted to log a find on a cache that apparently was missing, and said that he signed some swag that was at the scene. I told him to go ahead and went back to sleep. The next day I went out and discovered that there no swag at the final area. I also noticed that he had not mentioned anything about the other park in his online log that the previous 9 stages were in, and that it was his caching buddy that had found it last a few months before.

There was nothing really interesting about the final location (except for the unique cache container), but the other stages were in a park that was very different from any other area. I called him back and asked him if he liked anything about the 9 virtual stages in the other spot, and he replied that he had absolutely no memory of it at all. Nothing. He supposedly did them a few months before (with a 3rd cacher) and had absolutely no idea what the previous park even looked like, or anything about any of the stages..

I told him that I was moving the final a few hundred feet and that he had to go back and redo the cache to log it as a find. He did, and I have learned that he has told several people that I hate "cheaters". It's actually kind of amusing, because I don't really care if someone wants to cheat.

Perhaps it may have to do with someone who thinks they are entitled to repetitiously call me over and over, and then lie to me, that has something to do with it....

I verified that the 3rd cacher was never there, and he hasn't called me since - which is a good thing. :blink:

I certainly understand why a person would log a find when they did not physically have the cache in hand. It depends on WHY a person goes caching. They may not really care or not if they found it if the reason they went in the first place was to get to a new interesting location. There are tons of cachers out there who are not hunting for a film canister or a logbook, but for the experience of getting there, or seeing what is at the location. They may not enjoy the challenge of retrieving a cache that is visible, but out of reach. They already got what they wanted out of their cache experience, and they are satisfied. THEY FOUND what they were looking for that day.

Isn't that what Waymarking is for? :unsure:

6 of the 7 last logs for a guy around my parts. Funny thing is, I've been to all the same caches and Signed the log.

9/5

TFTF Security guy from the complex stopped and of course questioned me.

Did not sign log, just left.

9/4

Found it but could not sign log - way to many student muggles just got out pa school and were using this trail.

Bad time of day to find this cache

9/1

WOW..........could not get it in hand and sign the log. Labor day morning and Super Mugglers around watching me with the GPS. Could not sign for fear of giving it away to the multitude of Mugglers

9/1

Found it just as the tennis players (mugglers) arrived so I acted like I was crazy and walked a few circles and then went to the swings, and enjoyed them for a while and then left. Could not sign log, perhaps another day.

Wonder what the tennis players were saying as I drove off?

Hilarious..............still laughing to myself.

8/27

Cops showed up – Thanks

8/27

1 foot from it, but was dressed in business atire, to many weeds and dew for the suit to log it.

Edited by WatchDog2020

September 11 by newb (2 found)

6e 65 61 74

WHAT!!?!?!??!!

he did the same thing with his DNF log on the same cache of mine.................

Needless to say, i have no idea what he said, so i deleted both his found and DNF log

Hex values of ASCII characters.

6e = n

65 = e

61 = a

74 = t

neat

Someone is trying to be clever.

icon_smile.gif February 15 by Velcro Cacher (1x found)

Again, thanks to the CO for the effort allowing us to have fun!

:) Wow...

This thread is too funny!

Now, I'll admit that I'm not always the best at logging all of my DNFs (I always log the ones that have a good story though), but I at least would never try to log one as a find

I think sometimes that people think that they're going to be punished in some way if they don't have a high find count - That or they think that there's a DNF count in their profile -> Found XX Hidden XX DNFed XX :o

6 of the 7 last logs for a guy around my parts. Funny thing is, I've been to all the same caches and Signed the log.

9/5

TFTF Security guy from the complex stopped and of course questioned me.

Did not sign log, just left.

9/4

Found it but could not sign log - way to many student muggles just got out pa school and were using this trail.

Bad time of day to find this cache

9/1

WOW..........could not get it in hand and sign the log. Labor day morning and Super Mugglers around watching me with the GPS. Could not sign for fear of giving it away to the multitude of Mugglers

9/1

Found it just as the tennis players (mugglers) arrived so I acted like I was crazy and walked a few circles and then went to the swings, and enjoyed them for a while and then left. Could not sign log, perhaps another day.

Wonder what the tennis players were saying as I drove off?

Hilarious..............still laughing to myself.

8/27

Cops showed up – Thanks

8/27

1 foot from it, but was dressed in business atire, to many weeds and dew for the suit to log it.

Actually, being from New York myself, I've seen most of the recent caches published in your area (On the New York cache page), and most of them being in parking lots, there probably are too many muggles to sign the log. :o

Well, at least the serial non-log signer isn't disclosing any cache locations to the general public, I'll give him that. :)

icon_camera.gif September 17 by DidntSeeTheCamera (350 found)

Thanks for my first web cache.

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifSeptember 17 by InandOutCaching (369 found)

ONLY SECOND WEBCAM CACHE WILL ADD PHOTO WHEN I GET HOME.

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifSeptember 13 by SpentAnHourToSeeWhere the CameraWasPointing (6466 found)

I'm sorry I don't claim a webcam unless I can actually take a pic.. Took some trial and error to find where the cam was actually pointing. Thanks Looks like very few people fulfill the webcam taken requirement.

NOTE: Area in the foreground is only accessible after you go through TSA screening

Official WebCam Picture Posted

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifSeptember 7 by Didn'tEvenPostAPicture (1430 found)

I see ******** caught me using my hind quarters as a wind sock anemometer combo.

Cool location- we saw 3 C-130's loop and land shortly before getting here.

icon_camera.gifSeptember 7 by SidewaysNonWebcam(1073 found)

so windy in ***... every time i visit! thanks for the cache!

NonWebcam Picture posted

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifApril 25 by NoCamera (8036 found)

Grabbed a few caches in ******* on the way down to *******, visiting from ******. Grabbed a quick photo here, and watched the planes.

Thanks for the cache. Keep On Cachin In The Free World.

icon_camera.gifApril 11 by IWantASmile (761 found)

Stranded in ******* on a blustery day.... but had a GREAT day caching thanks to some new and old friends!

TFTC

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifApril 11 by GroupCheat (3143 found)

Visiting from *******. Geocaching with the "*********" Caching Group consisiting of ***************during our annual Geocaching and Frozen Four weekend. Brought ****** Escorted TB Group Tour to find cache, on a cold and snowy spring day.

A special thanks to ******** for spending the day showing us thier great city.

Thanks for the cache

NonWebcam Picture posted

And it keeps on going and going and goin

icon_camera.gif September 17 by DidntSeeTheCamera (350 found)

Thanks for my first web cache.

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifSeptember 17 by InandOutCaching (369 found)

ONLY SECOND WEBCAM CACHE WILL ADD PHOTO WHEN I GET HOME.

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifSeptember 13 by SpentAnHourToSeeWhere the CameraWasPointing (6466 found)

I'm sorry I don't claim a webcam unless I can actually take a pic.. Took some trial and error to find where the cam was actually pointing. Thanks Looks like very few people fulfill the webcam taken requirement.

NOTE: Area in the foreground is only accessible after you go through TSA screening

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifSeptember 7 by Didn'tEvenPostAPicture (1430 found)

I see ******** caught me using my hind quarters as a wind sock anemometer combo.

Cool location- we saw 3 C-130's loop and land shortly before getting here.

icon_camera.gifSeptember 7 by SidewaysNonWebcam(1073 found)

so windy in ***... every time i visit! thanks for the cache!

NonWebcam Picture posted

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifApril 25 by NoCamera (8036 found)

Grabbed a few caches in ******* on the way down to *******, visiting from ******. Grabbed a quick photo here, and watched the planes.

Thanks for the cache. Keep On Cachin In The Free World.

icon_camera.gifApril 11 by IWantASmile (761 found)

Stranded in ******* on a blustery day.... but had a GREAT day caching thanks to some new and old friends!

TFTC

NonWebcam Picture posted

icon_camera.gifApril 11 by GroupCheat (3143 found)

Visiting from *******. Geocaching with the "*********" Caching Group consisiting of ***************during our annual Geocaching and Frozen Four weekend. Brought ****** Escorted TB Group Tour to find cache, on a cold and snowy spring day.

A special thanks to ******** for spending the day showing us thier great city.

Thanks for the cache

NonWebcam Picture posted

And it keeps on going and going and goin

This is a perfectly functioning webcam? It could be cluelessness, there's not too many webcams around, and boatloads of newer cachers join every day. I know of one placed in 2001 (since archived), and if I'm lying, I'm dying, it wasn't logged properly until 2005. No one, including the cache owner, had any idea how it was supposed to be logged, so for those 4 years about 1/2 the logs were non-webcam photo's, the other half no photo at all. :o

I was looking at this Traditional Cache in an area that I will be next spring.

At one point someone decided to start logging it as found and then so did everyone else

There are 19 finds on a cache that has not been found yet.

:rolleyes: August 28 by DidntFindItTookAPicture (49 found)

We were so happy that it was possible for us to go caching on our cruise. Because we had not much time to leave the groupe. TFTC!!!

But when we found the place we shed bitter tears, because the high water mark reaches the stone. So we were not able to change TBs. But I hope the pictures are enough.

Greetings from **********

******* & ********

IMG_0042

IMG_0043

:) August 2 by IDidntFindItEither (84 found)

When we go to the place there are a policeman washing and keep watch. Another person made us a photo and asked us for tip. When we leave in a boat we take a foto of the stone. Thanks for this cache, is a very nice place. (excus-me for my bad english!!!!)

photo3

photo2

photo1

:huh: July 25 by TookAPicture (152 found)

A very nice Island - but the Security-man called us, to stay away from the rocks so we couldn't get closer.

So, we took a photo of the rocks.

Happy Hunting...

***** (from *****)

Photo

:o July 19 by PicturesAreGood (52 found)

The Policemen have Eyes like an Eagle...

We were there and have taken a Photo with our GPS!

Photo

:P June 30 by TelePhotoMan (87 found)

What a nice island and what a great view over the **** near *****!

Unfortunately the security man called us to stay away from the rocks so we couldn't get closer.

A picture of me near the cache.

PHOTO POSTED

:P May 22 by MeNeither (608 found)

what a great place. we loved approaching to the archeological site on the boat. Like other cachers told, we couldn't get closer to the cache 'cause policeman. so, we took a photo of the rocks. ******* (members of ***** from *****.

Photo near the rocks

:D April 6 by HidingFromThePolice (153 found)

First cache of three today. I could see the tourist police waiting in the shade near the cache so I didn't even approach. I have attached photos of us at the temple and where the police were hiding

TFTC

Picture of the Ploice

:D April 6 by DidntLook (198 found)

Just like al the other, there are 3 tourist-policeman who watched when I was going down the stairs.

I can't get the canister.

I made some pictures to show I was there

******* ****** was also very amazing

DSCN2278

DSCN2276

:) March 26 by ImNotLookingButWillTakeASmile (205 found)

I looking the cache. I did not see any policeman in first time. But the way back, he was there. He ask some questions, what I did not understand. I only go away. Thanks my beatiful wife, who gets all attention of policeman. (The bigger wife is better in *****). I log this cache like virtual cache.

The stone

The temple

:) March 18 by TakeAPhotoGotASmile (784 found)

We visited ****** during our **** tour; what a beautiful little island and temple! We could get no closer to the cache than these policemen; they wanted "***********" to allow us to go closer.

the cache "rock" is behind me

In front of the policemen "guarding" the cache

:) March 14 by DidntFindTheCache (176 found)

These places are fantastic! Thanks for the cache! :-)

DidntFindTheCache at *****

:) March 12 by WhyBotherLooking (432 found)

Yet another amazing spot in *****. What a story this place is. Perhaps this could be made into an earthcache as well. It's a gorgeous spot--but too many people and maybe more importantly, too many tourist police.

"Visting **** like an *****"

:) March 11 by NoFindCache (116 found)

We visit „Temple *****“ is **** and ****

PHOTO

:) March 11 by NoFindCacheEither (140 found)

We visit „Temple ****“ is ***** and ****

PHOTO

:) March 11 by ThereButDidntFindIt (577 found)

Behind back with tourist police you do not give it to them search. Join on photo in witness of, that the be about were.

PHOTO

PHOTO

PHOTO

:) February 6 by IThinkWeSawTheCache (935 found)

ON A 2 WEEK TOUR OF *****. THOUGHT WE WOULD BEAT THE CROWDS BY LEAVING EARLY. NO SUCH LUCK. THERE WERE SO MANY BOATS ON THE DOCK AT THE TEMPLE I DIDN'T THINK WE WOULD GET ASHORE. WITH ALL TOURIST POLICE AND CROWD WE COULD NOT GET NEAR THE CACHE, IF IT IS STILL THERE. ATTACHED IS A PHOTO AS PROOF OF OUR VISIT. THE HISTORY OF THE TEMPLE WAS VERY INTERESTING. HARD TO BELEIVE THEY MOVED THE WHOLE THING TO THE PRESENT LOCATION.

PHOTO

:) January 30 by WhyDoWeHaveToActuallyFindIt (25 found)

Visited ****** Temple what a place. Extremely cold out of the sun. The Police were also sheltering from the cold just where we wanted to get the cache so we were unable to log our visit to it. They wanted ******* and it wasn't worth the hassle!!

The photos show us there though.

******* outside the Temple of ****

Where the Police were sheltering just out of sight

:) January 24 by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo (177 found)

Am logging this as "Found" as it is quite clear that it will have to be a virtual cache from now on - idle policemen suddenly springing to attention when the cache hiding place is approached lead me to suspect that the cache has been compromised, and all previous logs suggest much the same thing. Have attached a picture of the cache site as proof of visit.

A lovely location though, and we did enjoy our boat trip and the excuse to visit this particular piece of the shore, so thank you for bringing us here.

:) January 22 by IfEveryoneElseIsLoggingItSoWillI (717 found)

Excellent boat ride to the island made the approach very interesting. In view of previous logs we did not expect too much success on this one.Still logging a couple of geocoins and a TB to clock some miles. Reading so many logs as found this cache as a virtual I am now doing the same, originally a DNF but on reflection we spent so much time dodging the police and getting our fit wet, I'm following the trend.

The beautiful trip to the island

How much do they expect?

It's down there somewhere.

icon_sad.gif January 19 by LastofTheHonestCachers (1361 found)

The policemen where very friendly! (With a little tip!)

But we had only 5 minutes there and so we went without.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by FunnyNose

icon_smile.gif August 17 by Magnet Finder #1 (1101 found)

Well, we found what was left of the cache; only the magnet portion of the cache was sticking to the sign. The rest of the container, including the log is MIA. We would have replaced it, but didn't have anything on us. Cache needs maintenance. TFTC!

icon_smile.gif August 23 by Magnet Finder #2 (584 found)

Same as Magnet Finder #1 before us, this cache is only a magnet, no log to be found anywhere.

- Magnet Finder #2

icon_smile.gif September 13 by Magnet Finder #3 (1099 found)

1072. Find 7 of 13 today while out making a round trip to Magnetville and then back home.

Magnet: check. Log: no check. Owner: needs to check.

icon_needsmaint.gif September 21 by Newbie who joined 3 weeks ago, but gets it (51 found)

Well we found it but it is just the magnet and the rest of the key holder is gone with the log.

icon_smile.gif September 27 by Magnet Finder #4 (24 found)

Found, but like the last person said, it's just a magnet now. However, both the wife an I thought that it was an amazing hide.

This cache owner dropped about 15 caches in a couple of months, and has long since lost interest. Hasn't logged in over 6 months. There is no end in sight for magnet finding at this location. Until we get a throw-down, that is. :rolleyes:

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Just going to a location must be good for something right? The cache owner is well known for not maintaining caches for a long time now

icon_smile.gifAugust 25 by Nope, Didn't Find It, but logged a find anyway (268 found)

Claiming a find per Cache Owner's note that it is indeed MIA.

Get well soon! THanks for all you guys do for the community.

icon_disabled.gif August 19 by Cache Owner (1457 found)

Oops= posted in the wrong spot!

icon_note.gif August 19 by Cache Owner (1457 found)

OK guys, go ahead and claim a find! You are right- it IS mising, but hopefully soon to be replaced. Health problems preclude immediate replacement.

icon_smile.gifAugust 18 by Was at First Honest, but couldn't resist (382 found)

Well actually the cache is not here, but i am going to clain a find. This was my 3rd trip in hopes I just over looked something. I think any one who continues to attempt it should just get a "found" since no one appears to be going to re-place it.

icon_smile.gifAugust 17 by Wanted to be Honest at First, but can't help but claim a find later (271 found)

XXX contacted cache owner. Cache Owner told us we could claim this as a find, since we had actually came to the site to search. Sorry the cache is lost. This is a wonderful spot and the Dragon Track series is awesome. Thank you for bringing us here.

icon_sad.gif August 17 by Nope, Didn't Find It (268 found)

Oh Drats, I'm a big fan of the Dragon Tracks & this one seems to be MIA. Hate to think they will disappear into the sunset. Will write the owner & hopefully we can get this one running again. Thanks Cache Owner for showing us this water wonderland. Your kindred spirit, XXX

icon_sad.gif August 17 by Wanted to be Honest at First (271 found)

We found the beautiful dragon track, but like the previous logs note, the cache seems to be lost....alas, DNF:( We met a beach walker who told us about all those oysters! Thanks for bringing us here.

icon_smile.gifJuly 19 by Who Needs to Actually See the Cache? (100 found)

Found the dragon track and then looked for an hour and there is not a cache here.

icon_sad.gifJune 8 by Has Integrity (82 found)

Found the plaque but didn't find the cache. Then I noticed no one has found it in over a year. Probably got washed away.

icon_sad.gif December 21, 2007 by Was at First Honest (382 found)

I came out here two days in a row looking for this. Maybe it did not make through the Nov. 11 storm that had such high tides.

[This entry was edited by astromarc on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 4:06:55 PM.]

Edited by mudsneaker

Here's one that drove me positively bananas. I took my Daughter to Mexico on a motorcycle trip. There were only 2 caches anywhere near where we were going on the other side of the border, so we looked for both of them. One was a nano hidden in a place that could have supported a much larger micro, so I'm seeing a lot fo logs about the log being full... no biggie, someone replaced the log. Well, we get there, and we search and search but had to take the DNF. Rats... whole trip to MExico and no Mexican smiley.

This was May 14th...

Then this gets posted:

July 30 by Throwdown woman (1037 found)

Finally! Finally! Finally!

#1000 #1000 #1000.......Thx you [cache owner]

We replaced the cache and signed the log and took photos. Wanted it all to be legal for this wonderful number.....

(many photos of the area where they threw down a cache and claimed THEIR 100TH FIND)

July 30 by throwdown hubby (1037 found)

#1000 YEA!!!!!!!YEA!!!!!! #1000 THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING..... YEA!!!!! THX....

Funny thing is this couple has hides in my state, but live in S Texas. Every one of their hides I DNF because there's nothing there, and if I log a NM ar a SBA I get a nasty email about how unfair I am because they're in S. Texas and can't come check on the hide-and claim they were just there last week/month and it was there.

Usually fake foundits don't bother me, but this one just frosted my butt.

Edited by Okiebryan
:laughing: September 20 by I had Fun Anyway (575 found) staying at ******** campground and was excited to see a cache kinda here, found the info needed on the signes, unfortunately the ferry wasnt running this weekend due to low water in the river, but we did the drive around to the final destination but there were so muggles very nearby having a little party so we were unable to make the find, but we had fun anyway!