Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

eeek! I'm still a brand new, wet behind the ears cacher, and I logged my first cache as found because we found stage one and two of a four part cache. I didn't know any better, I promise! We never could find 3rd stage, and were planning to go back for 3 & 4 another day. Before we could get back, it was disabled. Turns out stage three needed to be reset. How do I change my smiley since I didn't find it?

eeek! I'm still a brand new, wet behind the ears cacher, and I logged my first cache as found because we found stage one and two of a four part cache. I didn't know any better, I promise! We never could find 3rd stage, and were planning to go back for 3 & 4 another day. Before we could get back, it was disabled. Turns out stage three needed to be reset. How do I change my smiley since I didn't find it?

TMDMom.. Honest Mistake.. Yet Easy to Fix..

Go back to that Cache in Question.. Make sure your Logged in.. Directly under your Log you will see 2 different links..

[view/edit logs/images on a separate page] <Click on this one

&

[upload an image for this log]

At the Top of the Screen, You will see 2 Choices.. Edit Log or Delete Log.. Click on the Edit Log.. Now on the Type of Log (Pull Down Bar).. Pick the DNF.. Then Sumit Changes.. And Bingo.. Error Corrected..

Hope this Helps..

LM

Edited by Lehigh Mafia

icon_smile.gifMarch 2 by Yet another magnet finder (810 found)

Well, we found half of the cache. The half of the holder with the magnet on it was still there, but the log book and top were gone. Unable to leave a paper to prove we were there.

icon_smile.gifMarch 2 by Still another magnet finder who was with the above magnet finder (583 found)

Claiming this as a found even though the logbook and half the container was missing. We did find the piece of the container that had the magnet on it, but the rest is missing. TFTC!

:unsure: September 3, 2007 by GuessWeWillCallItAFind (372 found)

Logging this as a find. I used the hint and found what I am sure is/was the cache. There is no container or logbook there just a lid attached. Great hide though. Went and enjoyed a couple beers at the tiki hut next door afterwards. TFTH!

:D September 3, 2007 by LearningTheWrongWay (359 found)

I'm hooked! Found this with GuessWeWillCallItAFind and I decided to sign up for my own geocaching account. TFTH!

:rolleyes: March 10 by Duh!! (882 found)

Was out with Cache Owner when they placed this cache, the cache owner let me log this as FTF.

Left TB Took FTF Coin.

This was a Brand New Multi w/5 Stages..

Niceness...

Wow! That deserves a comment on the cache page!

:) March 10 by Duh!! (882 found)

Was out with Cache Owner when they placed this cache, the cache owner let me log this as FTF.

Left TB Took FTF Coin.

This was a Brand New Multi w/5 Stages..

Niceness...

Wow! That deserves a comment on the cache page!

No kidding - that's awful. Some mighty big balls to take the FTF coin. :rolleyes::D

I finally happened across a couple of logs of my own for this thread! I love reading it but I never saw anything I could post.

icon_smile.gif May 6, 2007 by NotReallyAFind (66 found)

On a cruise with TookSmileyAnyway. We found the park, but the gate was locked. We are considering it a find because it is our first international cache. We came all the way from New York and won't get here again. The park looked very quaint with lots of cats!!!

icon_smile.gif May 6, 2007 by TookSmileyAnyway (85 found)

On a 7 day cruise with NotReallyAFind and got here when the gates were closed, so we sort of "found" it. Thanks for the hide it was an interesting garden.

Many, many cachers before and after this duo have logged DNF's and notes because they got there when the gates were locked.

Edited by woofiegrrl

icon_smile.gifJanuary 2 by Throw down (150 found)

Found this cache whilst on holiday in South Africa on a trip to the Williem Pretorius Game Reserve (well worth a visit). Or rather didn't find it as it had clearly been muggled. As I happened to have some spare plastic boxes with me I have resurrected it and left a toy Dinosaur and various Airline infight stuff such as Eyeshades, Pen and Ear Plugs. Certainly a nice view from here. TFTC.

[view this log on a separate page]

icon_remove.gifDecember 5, 2007 by Confirmer (98 found)

Just incase Picture taker was seeing things, we called past here to check in on the cache. It's definatley gone.

www.geocache.com write on the rock, must suley mark the place it was to be.

Shout if we can help replace this cache.

icon_needsmaint.gifNovember 5, 2007 by Picture taker (64 found)

Looked like some muggles who cut the grass stole the cache container and everything in it... Serious compromised this cache. We found the spot where it was hidden, but no cache. I suggest it must be replaced. I've uploaded a photo of the empty spot. You have a nice view over the country side though.

photo.pngDucktoll - Empty Cache

For a cache that was marked with "if you are short you may need a boost"

October 26, 2007 by TooShort (3712 found)

I think I did - I think I did - but a 5 feet tall - I will email following plan B. No muggles but security was circling so I became a tourist with a camera. TFTC

(you think you did, but you didn't, eh?)

February 10 by xxxxxxx (167 found)

Found the stairway and trail but no cache so no sign in.

You are right, nearly missed the stairs. Guess this this really doesn't count as a (found it).

Yet they logged it as found when many before them logged as DNF. lol

Edited by wandering4cache

[logged as a note] March 27 by tellstruth (510 found)

Found first stage. No luck on second stage. Not sure if this could be called a find.

[logged as a find] March 25 by blametheteensandtakeasmilie#2 (109 found)

Did this one with blamethefireantsandtakeasmilie and blametheteensandtakeasmilie#1. The first stage was easy, we grabbed the cords and headed off to the next site while trying not to step in crab holes. Came across several teenagers who seemed startled and had a certain odor about them. We headed on to ground zero and searched many times with no luck, after 15 minutes we called it quits and assume this one has been compromised. Will count as a find.

[logged as a find] March 25 by 121 blamethefireantsandtakeasmilie(130 found)

We too found stage 1 but, after 45 mins. with both of us scouring GZ to death with dead on readings (and fire ants up the wazoo), we did not locate a final. Based on prior logs we felt the final may have been plundered so we opted to claim a find as well. Quite the crab haven between stages, adding to the fun of the cache. Thanks!

[logged as a find] March 25 by blametheteensandtakeasmilie#1 (103 found)

Found 1st cache with coordinates. Followed them to second site. There were a lot of young locals in the area. Don't want to guess at what that were doing. Due to situation there we will claim find, as there was no cache at the final destination.

Note: March 31 by cacher (777 found)

Stopped today and found the new cache, signed the log. Thanks!

:) March 30 by cacher (777 found)

Thanks for allowing me to log as a find! Next time in the area I will sign the log.

March 30 by cache owner (12637 found)

Replaced bullet.

March 29 by cache owner (12637 found)

Need to check up on this one.

DNF: March 29 by cacher (777 found)

I didnt have very good luck in this area today.

Started out honest. Had a relapse. Then came clean in the end.

I have NEVER "cheated" before, well, unless you count the times I found the cache, but the log was soaked so I was unable to sign it, I count those as a find.

But recently I found one, well almost found it. My GPS lead me to a gaurdrail. I looked around, didn't see it. There was nothing close to that except the gaurdrail. I looked all up and down the gaurdrail, and still my GPS kept pointing me to this one spot. I spoted a magnet stuck to the gaurdrale, under a post, perfect place to hide a cache, but only a magnet was there. I posted it as a found and reported that the container was missing. I hope that that counts.

I spoted a magnet stuck to the gaurdrale, under a post, perfect place to hide a cache, but only a magnet was there. I posted it as a found and reported that the container was missing. I hope that that counts.

Did you at least sign the magnet and re-hide it? :D

I have NEVER "cheated" before, well, unless you count the times I found the cache, but the log was soaked so I was unable to sign it, I count those as a find.

But recently I found one, well almost found it. My GPS lead me to a gaurdrail. I looked around, didn't see it. There was nothing close to that except the gaurdrail. I looked all up and down the gaurdrail, and still my GPS kept pointing me to this one spot. I spoted a magnet stuck to the gaurdrale, under a post, perfect place to hide a cache, but only a magnet was there. I posted it as a found and reported that the container was missing. I hope that that counts.

Perhaps this thread will help you.

I think you missed the point of this thread. :laughing:

Edited by 9Key

Cache Logs

April 5 by Keruso(DNF,me) (55 found)

Red went to the other side of the creek while i was still looking for it on the other. looked everywhere, jumpy GPS, said i was at 14 feet one minute, then 30 the next. we will be back! after we catch our breaths..........what a hike!

April 5 by Red 07Z(DNF, caching partner) (108 found)

went to find this one with keruso today... GPS signal was a little bad... tried scaling the hill looking for this cache but got rather muddy.

April 4 by Reallyfoundit? (3095 found)

Nightowls01 TNLNSL Nice little walk in the park. Cache wet so left a paper wih name on it. TFTC Hoot Hoot !!

February 24 by Reallyfoundit?(3544 found)

ON MY WAY TO VISIT MY PALS IN THE PA AREA PITTS. HAD TO GRAB SOME CACHE ON THE WAY AND BACK TO WHEELING..GREAT HIKE ON THIS COLD DAY...TFTC...NICE HIDE...ALWAYS BE THE SEEKER AND RAGE ON!!!

February 15 by DNFhonestcacher(2 found)

frown

Searched and searched, could not find this one. If anyone has any info or hints I would appriciate it. I don't want to give up on this one.

HELP !

October 27, 2007 by LastFinder (needs maintenance log) (9 found)

Great trip in. Came from another geocache and hiked through many a bramble and thornbush. We left a little angel case and took Seneca patch. Could not write a note as the pen and paper were a little wet. There were a number of other travel bugs besides the one we left. (Appears to be turning into a bug hotel. None are logged as being in this cache)

Thanks for the great hike in and out!

The one one the 24, and the one on the 4th, they seem to cache together, but me and my caching friend found some caches near that cache, but never saw thier names on the logbooks when we found them

up for grabs

Had one very similar. Visited the spot once with the wife for a quick looksee -- it was dark and muggly, so no joy. Didn't log a DNF as we really didn't look too hard.

Went back Easter Sunday AM (muggles in church!) and prowled around. Almost left, but decided to check one more thing. Crap! found what may have been where the cache was attached, but no cache.

Logged a DNF with a note saying I think I found the hiding place, but the cache was not there. Cache owner checked it out, got the cache reset, and all is well. Still need to sneak by after hours to sign the log and post a find.

I have never logged a cache that I have not laid my hands on. However, I have found the remnants of a cache that had been muggled or hit by a bush hog or other land mowing device. the parts I found were enough to verify I found the cache, just no log sheet to sign. After verifying the remants with the cache owner, I looged the find. I also found a cache that I litterally could not get the top off. After pulling on it for 10 minutes, i gave up. It was a pill bottle and I could have broken the top, but that would not have been right.

Cache Logs

April 5 by Keruso(DNF,me) (55 found)

Red went to the other side of the creek while i was still looking for it on the other. looked everywhere, jumpy GPS, said i was at 14 feet one minute, then 30 the next. we will be back! after we catch our breaths..........what a hike!

April 5 by Red 07Z(DNF, caching partner) (108 found)

went to find this one with keruso today... GPS signal was a little bad... tried scaling the hill looking for this cache but got rather muddy.

April 4 by Reallyfoundit? (3095 found)

Reallyfoundit? TNLNSL Nice little walk in the park. Cache wet so left a paper wih name on it. TFTC Hoot Hoot !!

February 24 by Reallyfoundit?(3544 found)

ON MY WAY TO VISIT MY PALS IN THE PA AREA PITTS. HAD TO GRAB SOME CACHE ON THE WAY AND BACK TO WHEELING..GREAT HIKE ON THIS COLD DAY...TFTC...NICE HIDE...ALWAYS BE THE SEEKER AND RAGE ON!!!

February 15 by DNFhonestcacher(2 found)

frown

Searched and searched, could not find this one. If anyone has any info or hints I would appriciate it. I don't want to give up on this one.

HELP !

October 27, 2007 by LastFinder (needs maintenance log) (9 found)

Great trip in. Came from another geocache and hiked through many a bramble and thornbush. We left a little angel case and took Seneca patch. Could not write a note as the pen and paper were a little wet. There were a number of other travel bugs besides the one we left. (Appears to be turning into a bug hotel. None are logged as being in this cache)

Thanks for the great hike in and out!

The one one the 24, and the one on the 4th, they seem to cache together, but me and my caching friend found some caches near that cache, but never saw thier names on the logbooks when we found them

up for grabs

same cache

April 8 by HonestDNFer (647 found)

Had a good bit of signal bounce. Broke out the "cheat", hint. Found the area the hint pointed me to. GPSR settle down. Cleaned out all the leaves looking for a rock covering the cache. Never found it

Last week, I went hiking up in Adams, MA., (USA) to hit the summit of Mt. Greylock, after a less than hopeful stop at the visitors center, (all roads closed to construction, as well Off limits because of 'Private Property' of the construction company during the drainage work process.) So, I decided to go hike one of the trails up on the north-east face. (Mt. Williams I believe.) along the Bellows Pipe trail. The cache nearest, was GCWNKV , The Black Box Crash Site N540W by Moosehunt. It had been raining the past few days, along with plenty of spring thaw.. The trail enters near a reservoir, which I imagine fills from the springs, streams, and thaw from off the mountain side.. As I walked in on the trail, I was within .25 miles of the cache, so I decided to bushwhack my way to the cache.. BIG Mistake. as I got closer, the way got soggy, muddy, plenty of dead-wood (fallen trees, branches), BIG Rocks, as well as the streams.) I decided since it was already 4:30PM (EST, Sunset was close to 7:30, and at present rate, arriving fast.) So, I decided, abort the search, and bushwhack my way back to the parking for the trail. About 1/2 way out, along the side of the biggest stream, I happened upon an old cemetery which looked like it hadn't been touched in ages. Plenty of limestone, rough marble, thin stones. some sandstone, some of those broken & weathered, and some 'Poor' stones. (granite rocks split in a "|\"-style.).. A few of the regular stones lying face-down.

I clicked the coordinates into the GPSr, to mark the location.. So-far, the ONLY stone I could read, has come up empty.. (Charles H. Babcock, died December, 1833, Sister's name obscured, died in 1863. Father's name: Smith F. Babcock, can't remember mother's name..) As of yet, I can't find anything recorded of the cemetery, or the names.. so, Who knows.. I'm sure someone must know about the cemetery's location, but so-far, nothing pops up on the net.

Yet, Ironic, if you draw a line from the coordinates of the cache (GCWNKV) to the parking at the corner of Notch Rd., (access road to the summit of Greylock) and the trail head of Bellows Pipe, the cemetery lands 1/3 of the way in towards the cache.

A very interesting find, indeed, after an aborted search, logged as a DNF.

When the weather gets a little better, I'm planning on heading back with a better digital camera, and the laptop to see if I can make more of the headstones readable.

Stephen (gelfling6)

:D April 27 by DropNewCacheGetSmilie (3766 found)

Didn't know the cache was missing and was searching when a previous finder called and told me where the cache had been located. Had a hide-a-key in the car, so replaced the cache. Hope it stays!

Cache Disabled April 27 by Cache Owner (80 found)

Checked this morning and the container is missing. I will try to get replaced soon.

:laughing: May 19 by DNF?????(86 found)

Cop rolled up on us here too, good thing he didn't check in the trunk. hehe. tftc!

note May 19 by Keruso (63 found)

i have been informed that my cache my have been thrown out. I will be looking up on this possibly saturday when im up that way. If anyone tries for this between then and now and it's gone, send me a email and i'll disable the listing

[view/edit logs/images on a separate page]

[upload an image for this log]

DNF May 16 by LocalFriends (290 found)

Met anotherlocalfriend for a night of quick caches here. After searching for an hour, we couldn't find it. Checked all down the guardrail and fence, even in the electric box at the base of the sign, but no luck. Maybe we'll have better luck another time.

I came across a certain cache online we found a while ago and noticed it was inactive. I clicked on the cache page a was suprised at what I found. here are the logs: (read from bottom up)

Cache Logs

February 28 by Disabler

Under construction

February 27 by Goodlittlecacher (484 found)

Status needs to be changed to unavailable.

February 27 by Goodlittlecacher(484 found)

Not there. I am not going to claim a find, when I didn't find it

February 24 by TOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

No plaque, no marker, just moisture and muck from the weather... Do you think it will be replaced after all is said or done?

December 31, 2007 by TOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

We went to the park today to find this cache and the Purple Turtle. We found where the plaque should be, hopefully after the construction is complete they will put it back. I will mark this as didn't find if requested by the owner.

December 11, 2007 by TOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

I agree with everyone else. I visited this one several weeks ago and went back yesterday and moved the mud around. It appears like the plaque has been removed.

November 21, 2007 byTOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

found where it should have been but only a mail box

November 21, 2007 by TOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

no monument only a mail box

November 21, 2007 byTOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

found the spot but no monument

November 10, 2007 by TOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

I don't believe the monument is currently inplace with the construction.

October 20, 2007 by TOOKSMILEYANYWAYS

We debated what to do with this, mark as found, or mark as didn't find..... We got to the location, no problem, and this is what we found (see pic). We almost wanted to sign in at the construction mailbox If you want us to mark it as a didn't find, let us know. THANKS

I hope this makes me feel better anyhow...

We had a hide go AWOL - I personally found that it was gone and extensive search turned out nothing.

That day I Disabled it and pulled the remaining parts leaving a note just in case anyone had it already loaded on their GPSr so they don't waste any more time.

BTW this cache resides 17.5 foot up in a tree and this is the first branch.

Then I get a notice that the cache has been found???

First I got all excited and thought someone saw the sign and put it back then a cacher got it... Cool.

The Log read:

"Feeling squirrelly today so I climbed the tree"

My first thought is there's no way you climbed that tree Bubba. Then I read the profile on this cacher and was very impressed with the thoughts on Geocaching this cacher had. Even read some post that I also would tend to agree with on here. These two comments from the profile in particular impressed me and also convinced me that this cacher might have actually found it by climbing the tree.

Caches are fragile things - only takes one muggle or one bad cacher to ruin it for us all - but it amazingly infrequently happens that way. Geocaching is proof that there's hope for American society.

I love those caches that are brazenly hidden in plain sight - where only those who are seeking will find 'em. If a thousand people look right at it but never see it, but anyone with a GPSr in hand can walk right up and grab it, that's an awesome cache in my book.

I like this one the best

I think if you log a cache as a find when you didn't actually find the cache, well, karma says that you're gonna get your overdue IRS audit this year.

So I emailed the Cacher with a couple of questions but leaning toward his actually saving the day and finding the missing hide by climbing the tree - What a great Cacher this Dude is... Woo Hoo!

Of course I rearranged my day to accommodate going to the hide and making any an all necessary corrections etc. so that I can enable it and insure nothing else can go wrong in the future.

I get there and I don't see it... Brought the ladder just in case and then once up there I still didn't see it, I continued up and into the tree much further than I was comfortable and still no hide. Darn - not only was it not there but now getting down was much more tricky than I thought and I almost plummeted to the ground. Heart pounding a mile a minute just about ready to call for help but I finally made it down. None of this I blame on the Cacher that claimed to have climbed the tree (there's no frick'n way without rigging) these were my decisions but I must admit I wasn't a happy camper. The steam coming out of my ears was a dead give away I'm sure.

My note mentioned that if found to return it to the house near the cache so I went and checked - sure enough someone had found it and taken it to the house as requested. Right about now I feel pretty stupid and quickly get over it all. A lot of work went into this hide and the parts to it so I was very happy to have it back no matter what. I told my friend about the Cacher and that it was probably him that brought it up to the house. They said no it was their neighbor. Hum. So I opened up the log and guess what after all that there was no signature from this tree climbing Saved the Day Cacher.

I got home Enabled the Cache - Deleted the bogus log and emailed the Cacher - My assumption at this point is he might have meant to log a DNF and it was just an error. I've notified him that it is now available and if he would like to get a smiley he is welcome to do so but must sign the log.

I know I'm weird but I do check my logs. Your signature had best be on there if you wish to keep the smiley.

Personally there is no excuse or exception for logging a find that you didn't make - but there also needs to be understanding that we all make mistakes and may not have intended to log as a find. In fact I've seen other Cachers log a drop of a TB after logging the find. Obviously they meant to log as a "note" not as another find - a simple email corrects these issues. For the ones that just cheat well you're probably the exception but once you've been caught none of your finds will ever be considered valid and the loss of respect from fellow Cachers hopefully will be enough that you'll bow out gracefully and go find something else to do. Getting close don't cut it either in Geocaching you either sign the log or DNF!

There's no whining in Geocaching,

I'm bitching that's different.... Ah, I feel much better...

It's all about the Journey,

Vince the evil side of the Flatouts.

Cache On!

icon_maint.gifApril 22 by CACHEOWNER (23 found)

hey you guys. sry i had to take the cache out for a little bit. I needed to rethink my hiding spot because of darn muggles (DARN U MUGGLES!!!) WILL BE OUT LATER TO REPLACE CACHE WITH BRAND NEW COORDNITES WITH cacher friend. Sorry for the inconvinice!!!

icon_smile.gifApril 27 by GottaHaveMySmiley (3621 found)

Claming as a find as I went, well allmost where the cords stated as they were off some what. I did find the hint and the area and the cache was not there. You stated the cache would be replaced on the 22nd and I asked on the 24th and still no cache. Take this one off line if you are not gonna keep it up. When and if you replace it I will return to sign the log.

icon_smile.gifApril 27 byMeToo (577 found)

Found with the GottaHaveMySmiley while in the area, he was not happy but we were where we were supposed to be. Thank You

I guess since the novice cache owner used the wrong log type (maintenance instead of disable) that makes a "find" on a cache that you KNOW ISN'T there, but got close to the coords, okay. Good to know he plans to "return to to sign the log" Hey, here's a concept; log the find when you sign the log......

just thought i'd post this

:grin: May 22 by Keruso (73 found)

#72 I'm not quite sure i can log this as a find, as i was phsyically unable to get the cache in my hands, being so vertically challenged (i'm 5'8"). This is the only cache so far that i have been unable to place my name in, but i did find the location of the cache. If you want, i can change this to a DNF, or i can go back with someone much taller than me.

Dipping three Bugs

here's the hint: Rock with a sign look up. 7 ft.

:blink: May 22 by Keruso (73 found)

#72 I'm not quite sure i can log this as a find, as i was phsyically unable to get the cache in my hands, being so vertically challenged (i'm 5'8"). This is the only cache so far that i have been unable to place my name in, but i did find the location of the cache. If you want, i can change this to a DNF, or i can go back with someone much taller than me.

Dipping three Bugs

This cache was about 40' up a tree. Seeing it wasn't a find.

There is a cache in our area that you need SCUBA gear to get to it. I can go park the car near it and walk over to the dam that it is near, and probaby be within a few feet of it compass wise. But I know this is not a find.

I do have three finds though where I did not sign a log. Two of them I had found the remnants of scattered on the ground and had found the hiding places by the magnets that were used to keep it in place. The third was in a tree crotch that had a hole in it. Depending on how the previous finder replaced the container, it could easily slip into the hole and be lost, at least until the tree was cut down. On every one of these caches, I notified the owner and mentioned every minute detail so that they would know the exact spot that I was talking about. All three times the cache owner notified me to go ahead and log it as a find.

I never once petitioned the owner to let me log it. My personal belief is that it is up to the owner to allow the log or not. I would think if you have a good reputation in your caching community, the owner would most likely allow a find to be logged if there is an honest mistake (had nothing to sign it with, traded this for that and forgot to sign it, etc.). However, with a "I could see the cache but they just closed the gates" wouldn't cut it for me. Go back another time and sign it. I guess there are different situations and so it should be up to the cache owner, however a cacher should not be so lazy and needs to use common sense.

I do have three finds though where I did not sign a log. Two of them I had found the remnants of scattered on the ground and had found the hiding places by the magnets that were used to keep it in place. The third was in a tree crotch that had a hole in it. Depending on how the previous finder replaced the container, it could easily slip into the hole and be lost, at least until the tree was cut down. On every one of these caches, I notified the owner and mentioned every minute detail so that they would know the exact spot that I was talking about. All three times the cache owner notified me to go ahead and log it as a find.

<sigh> Never mind.

Edited by Klatch

:anibad: May 22 by Keruso (73 found)

Dipping three Bugs

This cache was about 40' up a tree. Seeing it wasn't a find.

I agree. There's a couple of caches in my area that I can see but cannot retrieve. Do I claim finds on them? NO

LPC missing? Check.

LPC owner lost interest in caching? Check.

Looks like we need a throwdown. :anibad:

icon_smile.gifMay 10 by Parking lot cacher (100000 found)

Yep, the GPS takes you right to it. But the cache wasn't there - but with supplies in the car, I did some maintenance for you and it's back up and running. Dinnertime on a Saturday with no muggles in sight.

This one is funny. At least I think it is. :o Wally World LPC:

icon_smile.gifApril 27 by Found a Magnet (240 found)

Found just the magnet on this one. Needs to be checked. No log available

icon_smile.gifMay 2 by Film Canister Throwdowner (7607 found)

Found a round magnet from a keybox where this cache was supposed to be minus the keybox. I put a 35mm with a log sheet in it's place. Thanks for the fun. TFTC SL

traffic_cone.gifJune 9 by Cache owner (182 found) This cache illustrates another one of my Geocaching complaints. Other cachers not being able to find the cache and putting their own container and list in its place. I believe there is a way to leave a "maintenance needed" log. Why not do that instead of placing your own container? I only place caches within a reasonable driving distance of my home. I am able to maintain my own caches when they need it. Just let me know.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

This one is funny. At least I think it is. :o Wally World LPC:

Found a round magnet from a keybox where this cache was supposed to be minus the keybox. I put a 35mm with a log sheet in it's place. Thanks for the fun. TFTC SL

traffic_cone.gifJune 9 by Cache owner (182 found) This cache illustrates another one of my Geocaching complaints. Other cachers not being able to find the cache and putting their own container and list in its place. I believe there is a way to leave a "maintenance needed" log. Why not do that instead of placing your own container? I only place caches within a reasonable driving distance of my home. I am able to maintain my own caches when they need it. Just let me know.

One thing annoys me about these situations though. The cache owner is apparently 'reasonable distance' from his cache... but has left it both activated AND unmaintenanced for about a month and a half after the magnet-finder indicated it was missing. Like... way to at least disable it... which would have most likely avoided the 35mm throwdown to begin with.

found this cache while looking at bugs on a different cache

;) June 24, 2007 by AAAAA(1160 found)

Found the log in a small bag, but not the container.

AAAAAA

;) June 24, 2007 by BBBBBBB(1421 found)

Interesting. AAAAA and I found it today. No container, but the log in a plastic bag is still at the coords. We both signed and replaced as was found. TFT-Fun ...

:o June 22, 2007 by Liar (61 found)

Found log container missing - just catching up on logs.

Archive June 22, 2007 by owner (224 found)

I guess this is too high traffic of an area for a cache. I guess it's time to say so long and thanks for all the fish.

Note June 22, 2007 by Poster (209 found)

.000000Looks like cache has been muggled.suspected location seems to have been vandalized.

Found? June 18, 2007 by Huh? (8 found)

Hi back to you owner.

Huh? and Who?(what?)

PS..Are your clothes dry !

This one is funny. At least I think it is. :lol: Wally World LPC:

One thing annoys me about these situations though. The cache owner is apparently 'reasonable distance' from his cache... but has left it both activated AND unmaintenanced for about a month and a half after the magnet-finder indicated it was missing. Like... way to at least disable it... which would have most likely avoided the 35mm throwdown to begin with.

I just totally stumbled on that thing, it's almost 500 miles from my home coords. Took me a few minutes to find it again. :huh: But the "Found a magnet" log was the very first report of something gone awry, and there were 3 or 4 finds of the throw down film canister before the cache owner archived it.

I agree with what you said, but ultimately, many cache owners just don't like people messing with their caches, even if they're deemed "inactive cachers", as defined by not logging into this website for a certain period of time. There's a reason TPTB don't allow involuntary cache adoptions anymore; that being that some people really go bonkers when their caches are messed with. :lol:

So you found where the cache was supposed to be??

:ph34r: May 10 by XxxxxXxxxxxx (2172 found)

We were in Chico for our yearly visit and wondered what happened here. Kind of walked around and figured that somewhere in that mess was a cache, then we saw your note. That bush was blown up!!

Thanks for what might have been.

XXX&XXXXX

[Disabled] May 10 by cache owner (2694 found)

I'm sure I'll have to replace this cache, as on the way home from work tonight, I observed a vehicle which had run off the road and plowed through the containers' location. I hope everyone was okay...it didn't look good.