Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

Hmm ... can't let this one go without a response.

About that pen cache: if the person found the pen, then they obviously DID find the cache, so the fact that the log was inside is irrelevant. The seeker DID find the cache, and the owner is a major arrogant moron for claiming otherwise.

No, the owner didn't find the cache. She didn't realize that what she had in her hand was the container. There's even a word for that: camouflage (look it up). So, by your logic, someone who uses a camouflaged container is a major arrogant moron? Wow.

She also didn't sign the log sheet I left - she left a replacement container with her own log sheet that she signed. So, also by your logic, she should be entitled to log a find because she found the container that she left because she couldn't find the one I left? So, the cache owner that requests that someone delete their find log because they didn't open the container and sign the log sheet is a major arrogant moron? Double-wow.

I'm geocaching. What game are you playing? Sounds more like Waymarking to me.

EDIT: Looks like 75% of your finds so far are virtuals, webcams, and benchmarks. I guess you are playing a different game than I am.

In actual fact, if your description, clues, and coordinates are truthful, very few people will post DNFs or claim finds when they didn't. On the other hand, if you are deliberately misleading searchers, you are NOT testing their intelligence or ability. What you *are* testing is their capacity for tolerating BS.

I made extra sure that the pen cache was exactly at the posted coordinates. And there is nothing in the description that is in any way intentionally or unintentionally untrue about the pen cache.

Anyone who uses a camouflaged container is deliberately trying to mislead searchers, by definition.

The purpose of the pen cache is to challenge the individual cacher's preconceived notions of what a cache container is or should be. For that, it works brilliantly. Personally, I find such cleverly-crafted containers to be one of the biggest rewards of geocaching, especially in an urban environment in which spectacular locations are short on supply.

I'm guessing that you should probably stay away from the Cool Containers Thread over in the Geocaching Topics forum. It'll only put you in a bad mood.

-eP

BTW: The cacher that scored the true FTF found it immediately after arriving on site and loved the container.

[/tangent]

Edited by ePeterso2

I was actually contacted by a cache owner once, with them offering for me to log a cache as found when I didn't find it. The situation was that I was actually replacing their cache (which they had believed to be missing, and I knew them outside of geocaching in general. So since they were out of town, asked me for help).

So long story short... I placed the new cache, and didn't want to log it as a find, since I y'know... put it there. I looked for the 'original', but couldn't find it. So yeah... they offered for me to log it as a find... I passed. Turns out the original was found a few weeks later in a completely different place... so I left it as not found, until I went back and managed to find the original cache itself in it's completely wrong location (cache owner said they would turn it into a seperate cache when they're here next).

So that's a bit of the opposite... turning down an offer for a 'found' when I didn't 'find' :huh:

icon_sad.gif April 3 by HonestEEZ (0 found)

This was our first attempt as we are visting from the US. We found the coordinates and looked under the smaller rocks, but sadly did not find the cache. Is it still there and we missed it? Seems like the back of big rock has been recently used as a fire pit. We had a great walk up to the falls and definitely wasn't a place we would have visited otherwise, but we were really hoping to find our first cache.

:D April 4 by LiarLiarPantsOnFire (1202 found)

I had the same results as the previous person, I know I had good cords but it looks as though there was a party in the very place where I got GZ. I know I will never return to this spot from the USA, so with permission of the owner I would like to log this as a find. Have not heard from the owner so I will log this one as a vertual cache with pictures of the area that I took.

icon_sad.gif April 9 by AnotherHonestOne (15 found)

I found the same as the last couple of logs no cache as there appears to have been a fire behind the rocks.Lovely drive up to cache great spot and great views of waterfall and over Dungarven.

Notice the find count on all 3... :wub:

icon_smile.gif April 6 by FAKER3 (100 found)

Found the magnets with FAKER1 and FAKER2. Awesome view. TFTC

[view this log on a separate page]

icon_smile.gif April 6 by FAKER2 (562 found)

Found the magnets today with FAKER3 and FAKER1. What a view. We saw 4 deer in the thicket right below the cache. They were just hanging out looking right back at us. Two were good size, and two were very young.

I would like to see the star all lit up at night.

It was much colder today than earlier this week. Thanks for bringing us out!

icon_smile.gif April 1 by FAKER1 (56 found)

I will mark this down as a find. Interesting story behind this one.....While I was here 4 teenagers ran to the cache and found it not in its original spot without a GPS. Seemed sort of strange....I seen them with it and went to get a pen and sign the log and they left but I could not find the cache. Found the magnet at the original spot where it once was I'm sure...but not there now and not sure where they placed it......the original owner should check this. Found another cache close by missing also!!!

keep an eye out!!

icon_smile.gifApril 17 by FAKER1 (198 found)

Beautiful and original multi.

The end was not very good.

On the cache place, an empty hole.

icon_disabled.gif April 17 by CACHEOWNER (154 found)

According to FAKER1, who discovered the precise position of the cache, but totally empty, I have to disable temporarily the cache, find out a new cache position which will be totally invisible and unreachable for geomuggles.

January 27 by xxxxxx (3500 found)

The picture was taken by xxx from across the cyn on our way up to Sandstone Peak. We did periodically see balancing rock again from closer distances between breaks in the fog. But by then the rain & mud had made a visit to the rock unsafe. TFT(virtual)C though!!

...from a distance...

January 27 by xxx xx xxxxxxxxxx (12074 found)

Came out here with xxxxxx prepared for a longer hike, but as we ascended, the fog rolled in... then the rain! We took the loop back anyway, and both of us were soaked, wet rats. I look forward to returning to see the VIEWS!!

We got photos from across the canyon, and by the time we got over to the rock, it was completely socked in with fog and we couldn't see it at all! Hope the photos we got will suffice...

This hike was fun, if a bit dramatic in the weather.... mud... mud.... wet foliage...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This person has over 12,000 finds? maybe.....

At least one of the hikers said they did not get to GZ.

A lot of people log this cache as a find with the cache page stating you must be at the rock with a photo.

icon_smile.gif March 4 by FAKER (287 found)

I didn't see the container, but I did see the spot where it was. I must say I've been past this spot many times, and never knew it existed. It was a little creepy, but amazing. TFTF

icon_remove.gif March 4 by TRUTHTELLER (3032 found)

The cache absolutely has to be archived. Its no longer there, email on way to owner.

9+ months with 20 falsefinders. I went after this cache (had not read previous logs) and found it in a No Tresspassing Area to boot. Lengthy but somewhat humorous and somewhat pitiful.

Cache Logs

April 23 by me SBA Not sure about the missing cache but according to what I found it takes tresspassing to enter the area. I saw signs to not tresspass on all sides of the cache. Not sure if they are new or not.

March 11 by falsefinder #20 posts needs maintenance (603 found)

Cache is missing, the only thing left is the lid.

March 11 by falsefinder #20

Well I found the lid, I can see from the logs that this one has been missing for a while. I took a picture of the lid but deleted it on my phone on accident. This cache needs to be replaced. (See next/previous log)]

February 22 by falsefinder #19

Yep cache is gone, all that remains is the lid. Sign the lid. 1 of 14 today, after a 27 cache run yesterday.

February 20 by falsefinder #18

found it a while ago there is no logbook just a lid to sign

February 17 by DNFer

Great view of Las Vegas but no tires around...looked around but no luck finding cache.

February 15 by falsefinder #17

FOUND THE LID & A BRICK; SIGNED THE BRICK

February 15 by falsefinder #16

I won't repeat what everyone else has blogged. Nice view.

February 1 by falsefinder #15

Found it! I think. The only thing there was a white round lid. Others had signed the lid so I did also. Nice view of vegas though. Thanks.

January 27 by falsefinder #14

Found and logged on the lid as so many others have. Also, dropped and retrieved a Geocoin for mileage.

January 27 by falsefinder #13

found it...only a lid..needs help..jason@coral

January 14 by falsefinder #12

Beautiful LID , Hope it gets fixed up soon! TFTC!

January 1 by falsefinder #11

Found this trashed cache while with my Geo-Dad, Friar Cadfael and my Grandmother. We found the lid and rehid, but this cache needs some TLC. TFTC, but there was nothing to sign.

January 1 by falsefinder #10

Found this trashed cache while with my Geo-Daughter, MysteryNStuart, and my Mother in law. We found the lid and rehid, but I believe that this cache needs some maintenance. TFTC, but there was nothing to sign.

November 12, 2006 by falsefinder #9

There was no log book to sign so I signed the lid. There was not container, so there was nothing to trade. When is owner going to fix, or archive the cache. The view was great though. Thanks for the cache, or what's left of it.

November 7, 2006 by falsefinder #8

Found the remains of this cache. The lid with the name and some small trade items. Needs maintance. TFTC Signed what log I could find.

November 7, 2006 by falsefinder #7

We were able to find the white lid with the geocaching web address on it. Contents had been tossed afar and there was no log left. Container is missing. Hope you allow us to log it.

November 4, 2006 by falsefinder #6

We found and signed what was left of the cache. Nice view of the strip and downtown from here. The lid was all we found, so we signed that. May want to take a look at this one.

November 4, 2006 by falsefinder #5

Found what was left of the cache. No log, signed the lid thats all we could find.

September 10, 2006 by DNF #1

La cache a été détruite, et nous n'avons trouvé que le couvercle blanc, où était écrit "géocache", sous une pierre jaune.

L'endroit n'était vraiment pas agréable, un vrai dépôt d'ordures.

August 11, 2006 by falsefinder #4

I found it, but appears to have ben destroyed. I that was left was the white lid, and a few scattered items that appear to have been out of the cache for a while. It was found by a half of a yellow block. Too bad!!!

July 23, 2006 falsefinder #3

found and its a possible muggle

July 23, 2006 by falsefinder #2

found but was gone possible muggle

July 11, 2006 byfalsefinder #1

I believe that the container has been muggled. We found some some toys and the top to the cache scattered in the area of the coordinates. We did however see some owls flying around in the area.

(Found)April 15 by Faker 3 (574 found)

Well, we found the pen! I was up in the area with Faker 2 to visit her daughter in Idaho and grab a few caches at the same time. We really enjoyed this area, the river views, the nice trails, and especially the waterfall. As we downloaded caches on Thursday before leaving California, we didn't realize this cache had gone missing . I sure hope you have better luck with the next container...we never would have found this area were it not for your cache. Thanks for getting us to a beautiful spot .

(Found)April 15 by Faker 2(256 found)

Well..I Hope finding the pen counts as a find on this one.As we found the spot..just nothing there but a pen lying on the ground..and a broken beer bottle..NICE

It took a few days to log as we came from CA for the weekend and just noticed it had been archived the day we were here

Faker 3 and I enjoyed the area though..got some lovely shots of the waterfall :laughing: thanks!

Me and Faker 3 on our trip to Idaho/Washington

(Disabled)April 15 by Cacheowner (83 found)

I will be out to replace this in a few days. It has lasted so long, and I'm going to make sure it stays out there.

(DNF) April 15 by Faker1 (456 found)

Actually, it should be named "insert name here" Are you up for try #3, or will you archive this one and allow me to place a 'muggle proof container in the general are...(see Pics...)

Blank sitting...

sad that the cache is not here...

(Found) April 15 by Faker1 (456 found)

Well... at least the pen...

On a side note, how do you get the smiles and DNFs to copy here? all I get is text.

Edited by mudsneaker
April 25 by JACKINGUPTHEFINDCOUNT (170 found)

Today was a nice day for caching and we went during the afternoon before school got out. I'm logging this cache as a find as we found the home for the container, but it was missing. After much searching we decided to come another day and watch the cache for logs. On the way back to were we parked we found items from the cache as well as the geo caching label for the cache container.

For OWNER, we have the red pencil, plastic lizzard, spider, and Geocachers coin. for you to include in a replacement container.

I was joined by ******** in my caching today.

So... you found the location, some swag, and the pencil. Everything EXCEPT the cache container and the logbook. Kinda iffy to me, but personally I'd leave it as not found until I could sign something. But that's just me.

EDIT: lol at mudsneaker's post. Counting it as a find because they found a pen. I've found dozens of pens and pencils next to cache areas, and every time, the cache has still been there. Perhaps people don't realize that another cacher may have dropped said pen... or it was dropped there by accident by someone entirely seperate to everything... who knows... but it's not uncommon to find an unassociated pen/pencil at a cache site.

Edited by Kabuthunk

EDIT: lol at mudsneaker's post. Counting it as a find because they found a pen. I've found dozens of pens and pencils next to cache areas, and every time, the cache has still been there. Perhaps people don't realize that another cacher may have dropped said pen... or it was dropped there by accident by someone entirely seperate to everything... who knows... but it's not uncommon to find an unassociated pen/pencil at a cache site.

Yep, like a cache I found two weeks ago, I could have counted it missing and gone on but I searched anyway and found it in fine shape. Part of my log below.

"I was afraid it might have been muggled when I approached the spot and saw a ziplock bag labeled "LOGBOOK" lying on the ground but the cache and log were safe, bag must have blown away from the last finder without them noticing it. I signed the log and returned it to the bag, thanks for the cache!. "

icon_disabled.gif April 27 by CACHEOWNER (948 found)

definitely gone again as FAKERY found out. Will have to relocate this cache in a slightly different hiding place.

icon_smile.gif March 28 by FAKERY (125 found)

Thought I was on to a good thing after getting a (big) hint from CACHEOWNER. Solved puzzle (which turned out to be where I had expected it to be) and set off last week on way home from work. It got dark earlier than I expected so that was my excuse for not finding the cache. Went back today with the extra hour and did I use it! GSP kept bringing me to the most logical place - and there were very few other options - but no luck.

**Edited 28/4/07**

Talked to CACHEOWNER - we were definately in the right place (not surprising after a BIG hint!) so cache is muggled. Thanks to CACHEOWNER for letting us log as a find.

[This entry was edited by FAKERY on Friday, April 27, 2007 at 12:06:29 PM.]

Thanks for letting me fib! :anicute:

Sounds like a lot of these people need to go do Virtual Caches, rather then actual ones. Then you can log it as a find, just for being there. ;)

I am still very new to Geocaching, and I think that posting that I DNF, even if I belive I was in the right location, helps both me and the owner. Since they can either help me find it the next time, or check on the cache to see if it is actually missing.

Edited by Sytar

icon_smile.gifApril 21 (2007!) by FAKER (513 found)

Cache container is not there... Why not??? Of course I know its archived so a vLog is good. Right?

EDIT: I forgot to post the archive log:

traffic_cone.gifOctober 7, 2004 by CACHEOWNER (183 found)

This cache has been archived....there's now too many caches up here. Thanks to everyone who found this cache and the nice comments in the logbook. - Supreme744

It's spread to Washington, the home of geocaching!!! ;)

Edited by Criminal

In another thread, the topic of logging a find when the cacher really didn't find the cache was mentioned. Someone suggested it would make an interesting topic on its own. I agree.

This thread is for all those smiley-faced logs that admit that the hunters did not really find the cache.

Let's not start a debate, or accuse people of cheating or any of that. No names, no links, just the log.

Here's my first contribution:

icon_smile.gif Found the spot, but not the cache! No film canister that I could find, but I was right on it at 0.0 feet! 1st find on my own!

I found a cache once but had mislabled the name of the cache in my GPS. As a result, I logged my find against "Beware of High Tide", when I'd actually been to "Water Tower". I was tipped off when I'd been reading the other logs and couldn't figure out why people were talking about being on the wrong side of the water. There was no side to speak of. It took me a few months to come to the conclusion and I fixed my log. But it was embarassing. ;)

icon_smile.gif Found the spot, but not the cache! No film canister that I could find, but I was right on it at 0.0 feet! 1st find on my own!

obviously the dude that logged this is an idiot who doesnt have a clue. I just started caching a week ago and already i know this. Ive spent over an hour at two different cache sites and havent found the caches. I wouldnt dare mark those caches as found. this person has. thats unfortunate. the only thing i can guess from this sort of behavior is that this person has no patience. because of his lack of patience, i figure this person will like geocaching for another, ohhhhh, 15 minutes max. then his profile will go to dead/nonexistent where it belongs. no worries all. "real geocachers" will rise to the top and get the most enjoyment out of the hobby. someday i hope to join all of you at the top. until then, i will continue to have patience and take it one cache at a time.

April 3 by Fakers (190 found)

Got here and the webcam is down. I am logging it by stating the banner contents.

Team

2004 NCAA

Tournament

Semifinals

Team

2001 NCAA

Tournament

Elite Eight

April 3 by Cache Owner (20 found)

We just verified that the cam is pointing in the right direction and is operational. If the PC that it is hooked to is down for maintenance or something that may account for why there was an outage, but it was up and running when we checked today.

Why let the inability to download a picture stop you from logging a cache?

(Hmm... Prime season on my web cam cache coming to this thread, soon.)

Wow, the cache hasn't ACTUALLY been 'FOUND' in a year and a half.

icon_smile.gifApril 23 by FAKE FINDER A (6022 found)

Logging with kind permission from owner! Thanks, OWNER!

icon_disabled.gif April 23 by OWNER (583 found)

Got a critter problem. I am going to have to put out a critter proof container.

icon_smile.gif April 22 by FAKE FINDER B (624 found)

Logging this one with owners permission, have been there twice and searched long and hard with no luck. We suspect some critter packed it off. THANKS

icon_sad.gif April 22 by Honest (253 found)

Didnt find it either.

icon_sad.gif April 19 by FAKE FINDER B (624 found)

I looked for this one for a good half hour and had no luck, this is my second attempt. I plan on going back next week to look again when the river goes down, the OCT is blocked on both sides of the cache by rising waters now. Thanks!

icon_sad.gif April 9 by FAKE FINDER A (6022 found)

Allow me to be the first DNF after the cache was confirmed to be there. My GPSr was trying to take me 50-feet offtrail but I didn't go there. Park rules. Thanks for the opportunity!

>>There are an additional 12 DNF's in between Nov 12 2005 and April 2 2007<<

>>NO FINDS<<

icon_sad.gif November 12, 2005 by Honest (982 found)

We searched high and low for some time but just couldn't find the cache. Not wanting to fall from the leaf-covered rocks, we moved on down the trail. Maybe next trip.

icon_smile.gif September 17, 2005 by Actual Finder!(455 found)

Nature prevails. Found the cache sitting out in the open. looks like it had tumbled a bit since the last find. I took a guess and tucked it back in, what I thought to be, the original spot. T: Spider L: Jock Bean TFTH!

Edited by Team Laxson

icon_remove.gif May 8 by xxxx (561 found)

I tried back in april and e-mailed the owner.was ashured it was still there.I have a description of container in saw palmettos.I have searched several times after and refused to give up.I believe it is gone due to an empty container without a lid was about 25 ft from cache site.

icon_smile.gif April 5 by mmmm (8753 found)

Visiting from Denver. Goner - virtual find.

I went to find a cache yesterday, Believed I found it. I could not open short of breaking it open. Its so small of a micro, 10 would likely fit in a 35mm can. I shot a photo of it and e-mailed it to the owner. I asked "If it is, may I log it as found?" You think this is faking it? There was no mention of a puzzle to open the cache container.

April 26 by FAKE FINDER (485 found)

Found the line but could not sign the log because the cache is missing.

Does that mean that any line I find I can log as a cache...Woohoo, I'm going to a marina and have 1000 finds before the day is through..tons of lines there.

I went to find a cache yesterday, Believed I found it. I could not open short of breaking it open. Its so small of a micro, 10 would likely fit in a 35mm can. I shot a photo of it and e-mailed it to the owner. I asked "If it is, may I log it as found?" You think this is faking it? There was no mention of a puzzle to open the cache container.

If it were my cache it would depend on why you didn’t open it. If you found the cache but couldn’t open it because it was defective, I’d say go ahead and log it, after all, you did find it. If you didn’t log it because you were defective (or inept) I’d say go back and try again. The picture as proof wouldn’t be important to me. I had a cache that was about 40’ up a tree and several people tried to log it by saying they saw it from the ground. I asked them to change their log to a note or DNF. I’d wait a day or so, then send along an apology and delete the find.

At the risk or raising the ire of some people who post in this thread, I would say to log it as a find. There is a cacher here who uses small containers that are very hard to open. :o Even the first finders have stated that in their logs. One of the caches I found was close enough to my car I returned to it to get a tool. I got the container open and signed the log. On another visit to town, I saw another cache by that cacher on my GPSr. In the description, I noted that the cache owner explained how to get the container open since there had been many complaints in previous logs. :o

I thought having that information was enough. Well, it wasn't. :o After a .19 mile walk to the cache, I could not get the container open, and since this was an urban cache, I didn't have my pack and Leatherman tool with me. I scratched my username and the date on the bottom of the tin and noted that in my "Found It" log.

If a cache owner knows there is a problem with the containers they are using, they should take care of that. Cachers shouldn't have to spend time trying to get a stubborn container open after making the find. I recently changed the container for a cache of mine some people had trouble with, and I had to hike more than two miles to take care of that problem. Not fixing a stubborn container on a nearby urban cache is really inconsiderate, IMHO.

I've been reading through this thread and I have a question - seriously! I want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. As a relatively new geocacher I am still learning the "rules".

I "found" the location of a micro. I could see the top of the container and a pen in a hole in the base of a tree. I reached in to nab the container and out came .........Thousands of BIG BLACK ANTS!!!!!!!! I had ants crawling all over my arm. No way was I going to try to get that container out anymore.

I took a picture of the hole with the ants crawling all around and added it to my comment when I logged in this cache. I logged it as a find without a signature on the log book.

I haven't heard from the owner yet. Should I remove my "find". Or would you more experienced cachers count it as a find?

Arrived at a cache location yesterday and was having a bit of trouble figuring out the very creative hide, so I was reading the Past Logs in my Palm. I came across this one:

icon_smile.gif April 15 by "NEWBIE who doesn't know better yet" (12 found)

This was fun. Found the cache location right away but not the log. Will go back and sign it next time we are out that way.

I've been reading through this thread and I have a question - seriously! I want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. As a relatively new geocacher I am still learning the "rules".

I "found" the location of a micro. I could see the top of the container and a pen in a hole in the base of a tree. I reached in to nab the container and out came .........Thousands of BIG BLACK ANTS!!!!!!!! I had ants crawling all over my arm. No way was I going to try to get that container out anymore.

I took a picture of the hole with the ants crawling all around and added it to my comment when I logged in this cache. I logged it as a find without a signature on the log book.

I haven't heard from the owner yet. Should I remove my "find". Or would you more experienced cachers count it as a find?

Many people say you need to sign the log to get a find. However in a case like the one you mention, if it were my cache I would allow the find. You found it, didn't you?

Now if the circumstances changed a bit. Say the cache was hidden high in a tree and retreiving the cache was meant to be part of the challenge, then simply seeing the cache would not be good enough. But that isn't the case here.

icon_sad.gif Honest T (221 found)

This one is not there! Searched for quite a while, but no luck. Looks like it hasn't been found in a really long time- it should be fixed, or taken off the website!

icon_sad.gif April 21 by Dudley Doright (656 found)

Techinically, we didn't really search for this one. There were a ton of people on their BMX bikes doing some serious jumping. We would have caused a serious collision if we had attempted this one. Sounds like it may not be their anyway.

:) February 10 by LiarLiar (2943 found)

The cache was not there.

We are claiming this as a find because we DID find the cache hidey hole. Cool spot. I did not know about the bicycle track here. I just wish I was 15 year younger!!

The cache owner knows the cache is missing, yet they do not disable it so people will NOT put forth the effort to find it?

icon_needsmaint.gif January 16 by Integra Tee (305 found)

Found where cache should be. Needs to be replaced.

:ph34r: December 30, 2006 by Pants on Fire (61 found)

Found the location, but the cache was gone, confirmed location with owner. Nice spot though.

icon_sad.gif August 26, 2006 by Honest John (3255 found)

We searched for a while but didn't find it. There is a big hollowed out tree to where the gps took us to and the cache was not there. Found 1/2 of the plastic egg.

Many people say you need to sign the log to get a find. However in a case like the one you mention, if it were my cache I would allow the find. You found it, didn't you?

Now if the circumstances changed a bit. Say the cache was hidden high in a tree and retreiving the cache was meant to be part of the challenge, then simply seeing the cache would not be good enough. But that isn't the case here.

I agree with Brian. I have one find where I was unable to sign the log because it was soaked and swollen into the micro container so tight it would not come out. I logged it a find along with the full story of why I didn't sign it and the owner didn't delete it, so it stands.

Since we didn't want to see one of our logs in this thread, here is a log from our recent vacation:

icon_sad.gifMay 3 by sillygirl & jrr

Never in our caching career have we been more tempted to post a find, when we did not in fact sign the log. Let's just say the cache was not "within reach" for us and boy (pun intended) do we feel discriminated against. icon_smile_angry.gif We saw the cache we just couldn't get to it and due to the nature of its location there is no real way to overcome anatomy. Having said that, we hope you will increase the terrain rating as 1 star usually implies wheelchair accessible which this cache is definitely not.

The cache was a magnetic micro attached about 5 feet above ground a couple feet "behind bars" and neither of us had long enough arms to reach through & around to get it...

Velcro finds!! whoopee

icon_remove.gif May 14 by zzz (513 found)

Its gone and it has been for a long time by the logs.

icon_smile.gifMay 13 by zzz (513 found)

I agree with ggg. We too hiked all over tampa in the heat on our mini cache-a-thon. We too are taking this as a find. I am also recomending this be archived.

icon_smile.gif May 6 by ggg (402 found)

Well, found exactly where the cache container used to be. Seeing as I walked over here from "Lightning" in the middle of my 8 mile walk thru Tampa and Ybor on a 92 Degree day, I'm taking the find. It would be nice if the Cache Owner would log in and replace the cache!

icon_needsmaint.gif April 6 by mmm (138 found)

I found the hiding spot for it. The only thing there is the velcro strip that used to hold the cache. Don't bother to go for this one because is not there. Let's fix it or archive it

icon_sad.gif March 21 by www (2101 found)

Sure wish you would disable this cache. I only had a few minutes before I had to head to the airport and this cache isn't there.

icon_smile.gif February 22 by sss (203 found)

Because I touched the velcro where this was, I am logging it as a find. If you think about it, finding the velcro was harder than finding the cache when it was there.

icon_needsmaint.gif February 22 by 333 (367 found)

This one is definitely gone. My mother visited the cache today and called me saying that she couldn't find it. I described its exact location and she said she found the piece of velcro where the cache was once attached.

:rolleyes: May 15 by Faker (694 found)

Printed this one in Holland on the 25th of April and available at that time.

Spend this morning 3 hrs and 140 RMB on this cache and looked into all possible spots with a gps accuracy of 1 meter. Pictures to follow. Hope it will be in place really SOON so I can log my presence because now I claim this one already!! Pictures: To follow.

icon_disabled.gifApril 24 by CacheOwner (2 found)

Sorry it is gone... I'll reinstall it soon.

icon_sad.gif April 21 by Honest (378 found)

[spent one hour on and close to the spot, slowly searching the possible hiding places.

The place was crowded this Saturday morning, there was a large group dancing, there was an excursion by an even larger group of courious kids and a few hundred others just passing by, all hindering me from exploring all hiding places.

Good thing was that I had plenty of time to let the GPS average the location, according to me it is encrypted

April 18 by Reviewer (7 found)

Published

icon_smile.gif May 12 by FAKER (1413 found)

[This is one of few caches I went in search of while cruising on Royal Caribbean's "Monarch of the Seas". Our Ensenada stop was on Saturday morning - 05.12.07. Knowing this was out of commission & also noticing that cache owner is MIA...i took it upon myself to replace the container]

You are now in search of 35mm film container hooked on to the NE corner of encrypted hint.

[Enjoy the sites not many tourists would venture out in unless these caches were available...

**VIRTUAL travel bug & coin drop**

:o

icon_smile.gif May 14 by FAKER4 (3080 found)

Time: 12:52

Time to Find: 2 mins

Cache Condition: Dry and well sealed.

Note: Drove up, found it within mins of arriving but couldn't sign the log book just as FAKER1 could not ... emailing owner with description of hide!

TNLNSL

Happy Hunting!

TFTC Team FAKER2

icon_disabled.gif May 14 by CACHEOWNERTHATALLOWSFAKEFINDS (108 found)

Container gone missing.

icon_smile.gif May 13 by FAKER3 (963 found)

Found where the cache should be. We just couldn't see the actual container. I think it might have fallen into the black hole. There were tell tale signs that it should be there. If the owner would like confirmation of our visit, I can supply details in an email. The owner needs to do some maintenance on this one.

icon_smile.gif May 12 by FAKER2 (607 found)

Found this one with FAKER1 but couldn't sign the log. During the retrieval operation, the container fell into an abyss and disappeared from sight...will it ever be seen again? Still, it was a neat idea for a cache.

icon_smile.gif May 12 by FAKER1 (2051 found)

Claiming a find on this one, per the cache owner. Looks like someone was here after us! Neat spot, so hope it gets put back soon! Thanks. team FAKER1

Edited by Criminal

I do this frequently, (hitting the find button and explaining my dnf) Why, in the world, would I do something so fraudulent and admit to it in the same sentence. I goofed, and folks are quick to point it out. I don't mind admitting to the mistake and changing the log.

Here's one for you, a seven part multi, with both physical caches and information to find. I find parts one and two, but cannot find the third part. However using a bit of lateral thinking I do find the final part, and sign the log.

So as I didn't find all the parts does this count as a find?

It was there, you found it, so of course it does!

Solving the puzzle is only a suggested way of getting to the cache. I found this cache without the TB, so without the coordinates and the key to open the box.

Edited by Criminal

265 Results:

Show: Archive, Attended, Didn't find it, Enable Listing, Found it, Needs Maintenance, Owner Maintenance, Post Reviewer Note, Temporarily Disable Listing, Update Coordinates, Webcam Photo Taken, Will Attend, Write note, All Logs

Didn 5/14/2007 Canis Phalanx Diaskedazo (Dog Toe Tickler) Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/12/2007 First Launch Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/12/2007 Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes? Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/24/2007 The Trench Jordan [visit log]

Didn 4/15/2007 Crooked River Cache: Swan Trail Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/14/2007 611 TB MOTEL Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/26/2007 If You Build It, They Will Come-NOT! Florida [visit log]

Didn 2/3/2007 Heavy Eyelids Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/3/2007 The PostMaster General's Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/3/2007 A Waltz in the Park Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/28/2007 SMP-Westlake Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/27/2007 Is that City View over there? Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/7/2007 Head of the Hydra #1 (Cat Poop) Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 1/5/2007 Halfway (I-76 Eastbound) Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 1/4/2007 Head of the Hydra #2 Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 12/29/2006 Right On Target Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/29/2006 Lordy, Lordy Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/23/2006 B Prepared Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/23/2006 "Y" Not Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/18/2006 A Journey in Brecksville Reservation Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/18/2006 The (re) Loaded Goat Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/12/2006 Enfer ou paradis Vlaams-Brabant [visit log]

Didn 12/12/2006 Travaux Inutiles Vlaams-Brabant [visit log]

Didn 12/9/2006 Westelse Bossen #1: "de beeltjens" Antwerpen [visit log]

Didn 11/26/2006 CreamPuff Wonder Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/25/2006 On The Threshold Of A Dream Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/21/2006 GULL COVE Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/20/2006 Read All About It Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/18/2006 Salem Cemetery Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/18/2006 McMechan micro West Virginia [visit log]

Didn 10/29/2006 Pincushion I Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/21/2006 Rocky Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/9/2006 Boot sucking mud. Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/3/2006 Spectator Sport Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/25/2006 Knot Fair-ess Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/9/2006 Zoom, Zoom No Exit Here Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/8/2006 Snow Miser, of the Toe Ticklers Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/8/2006 40's Something Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/7/2006 Heritage Park Pizza Baton Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/2/2006 aaaaargh! 'skullduggery' Queensland [visit log]

Didn 9/2/2006 Skinn Her Queensland [visit log]

Didn 9/2/2006 Off Track Queensland [visit log]

Didn 8/28/2006 Glindemann Queensland [visit log]

Didn 8/27/2006 River Rocks Okaye - Mark II Queensland [visit log]

Didn 8/27/2006 One in a hole! Queensland [visit log]

Didn 8/26/2006 PA Seaway Trail # 3 Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/26/2006 Happy 21st Gerwalin Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/25/2006 MELROSE PLACE Queensland [visit log]

Didn 8/20/2006 Old Hickory Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/20/2006 Widdle Wig Wites Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/20/2006 Guarding the "Farm" Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Bottle #37: Teletubbies Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Cache and Rest Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Shopping Cache Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 K-break Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Fibromyalgia Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Liberty Parking Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 GoonieNanny's 1000 Finds Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Mommy TP's 2000 Finds. Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 The New Wesleyville Gazebo Cache Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Handicap Series Number 1 Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Goldsnoop's 3000 Finds Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 A Desert Island... Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Shub-Niggurath Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/18/2006 Trip to Venice Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/17/2006 NOVA Micro # 34 - Closer to home. Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/17/2006 NOVA Micro # 30 Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 8/13/2006 Impasse Ohio [visit log]

Didn 8/1/2006 I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/30/2006 Under The Big Top Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/30/2006 Wanna Pop Quiz-No? Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/30/2006 I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/28/2006 Fish Sticks Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/28/2006 ROCKAWAY BEACH Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/23/2006 Avon Commons: Rock Slide Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/23/2006 The salsa eating eye Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/23/2006 Ida No Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/1/2006 I'ma Hit it so Far! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/1/2006 Classic Stadium Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/1/2006 Linkin' Park Rocks! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/30/2006 LORAIN LIGHTHOUSE CACHE Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/30/2006 Wind in the Willows Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/30/2006 The salsa eating eye Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/18/2006 south park Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/13/2006 An Oasis of the Panhandle Texas [visit log]

Didn 6/10/2006 My First Playground Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/10/2006 Fear the Roo! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/4/2006 Freeway Folly Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/3/2006 Town Square Tour III: Litchfield Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/29/2006 Henrietta Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/29/2006 Birmingham Archway Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/27/2006 Pizzazztrophy Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/27/2006 Bedford Lore Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/7/2006 LORAIN LIGHTHOUSE CACHE Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/30/2006 BROWN BROWNIE Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/29/2006 Sims Park here Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/29/2006 Her Ghost in the Fog Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/29/2006 Sharons Conglomerate Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/28/2006 NyukNyukNyuk Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/25/2006 NyukNyukNyuk Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/24/2006 NyukNyukNyuk Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/23/2006 NyukNyukNyuk Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/18/2006 First Pine Lane Cache Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 3/18/2006 Three Forts Cache Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 3/18/2006 NOVA Micro # 8 - In the Zone. Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 3/16/2006 Mynah's Ultimate Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/5/2006 Favorite Corner Rest Stop Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/5/2006 Plum Creek Pickles Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/3/2006 Operation Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/25/2006 Scott Union Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/5/2006 No Place Like Home Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/5/2006 Don't Get Wet Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/5/2006 Mike's Big Dream!!! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/29/2006 Tree City USA Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/29/2006 Hartville Kitchen Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/29/2006 Circle Trail Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/29/2006 "Circle of Life" Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/29/2006 Four Settlers Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/29/2006 At the River's Edge Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/8/2006 Beach Blanket Bingo Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/5/2006 Call it what you will Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/2/2006 Call it what you will Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/1/2006 BREAD WARS : Episode IX -Revenge of the spores.. Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/26/2005 Revenge Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/22/2005 Blammo, zammo, slammo rockin out, cammo ammo can! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/10/2005 Bedford Lore Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/10/2005 Explore the History of Dawn Redwoods Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/3/2005 I Scream U Scream We All Scream... Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/27/2005 Canis Phalanx Diaskedazo (Dog Toe Tickler) Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/27/2005 8 Legged Freaks Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/25/2005 Revenge Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/25/2005 Revenge Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/23/2005 Bicentennial Park Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/23/2005 Krogen Arch Micro Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/23/2005 Round and Round Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/23/2005 Circle Trail Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/23/2005 "Circle of Life" Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/14/2005 Hook Handed Person Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/14/2005 White Faced Women Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/13/2005 Sponge Worthy Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/13/2005 The Woods in Valley View Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/13/2005 Going...Going... Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/12/2005 No Soup for You! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/11/2005 No Soup for You! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/9/2005 No Soup for You! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/7/2005 #7 Grandma's Road Trip Down Fleur Iowa [visit log]

Didn 11/6/2005 No Soup for You! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/5/2005 White Faced Women Ohio [visit log]

Didn 11/5/2005 Hook Handed Person Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/30/2005 The Long Shadow of the Spirit Trail Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/29/2005 ISBN0878690042 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/22/2005 Hyde Park #01 (London) United Kingdom [visit log]

Didn 10/22/2005 Hyde Park #09 (London) United Kingdom [visit log]

Didn 10/19/2005 Lambeth parks United Kingdom [visit log]

Didn 10/14/2005 Let the Madness Begin Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/10/2005 Stretch Your Imagination Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 10/10/2005 Bottle #28: Eric Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 10/10/2005 Buffalo-Chicago Road Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/10/2005 Rainbow Park Cache Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 10/10/2005 Hobbit's Green Cache Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 10/8/2005 Maude Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/2/2005 Boy Scoutz N the Hood Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/2/2005 "TO - 71" Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/25/2005 Like Ants to a Cupcake Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/25/2005 The End of the Line Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/25/2005 BuckeyeBuddies Bug Barracks Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/18/2005 Veritas of the Spirit Trail Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/15/2005 Tic Tac Toe: Top Right Texas [visit log]

Didn 9/14/2005 Vasil and Bluey Texas [visit log]

Didn 9/14/2005 Mischief. Mayhem. Soap. Texas [visit log]

Didn 9/14/2005 Outstanding in Your Field : Sticky Wicket 3 Texas [visit log]

Didn 9/13/2005 Life's Little Events - Double Rainbow Texas [visit log]

Didn 9/7/2005 The Mystery Ball? Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/5/2005 The End of the Line Ohio [visit log]

Didn 9/5/2005 The End of the Line Part 3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 8/16/2005 Lakeview Beach Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 8/14/2005 Thinker's Cap IV Ohio [visit log]

Didn 8/13/2005 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovol.... TSFTLWITEL#3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 8/11/2005 Suzy is.... Ohio [visit log]

Didn 8/1/2005 Forgotten Capitol Mississippi [visit log]

Didn 8/1/2005 A great place to get married. Mississippi [visit log]

Didn 7/29/2005 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovol.... TSFTLWITEL#3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/28/2005 TheSearchForTheLongestWordInTheEnglishLanguage Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/28/2005 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovol.... TSFTLWITEL#3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/28/2005 LASER BrookPark Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/23/2005 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovol.... TSFTLWITEL#3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/23/2005 TheSearchForTheLongestWordInTheEnglishLanguage Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/18/2005 Ghouls just want to have Fun Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/17/2005 Mulberry Roundup Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/17/2005 Lakeview Beach Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/15/2005 The Family Plot Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/15/2005 Stone Harrison Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/3/2005 Anti-Goldrush Foliage Peanut Butter Ohio [visit log]

Didn 7/1/2005 Banana Dance Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/26/2005 Safari Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/26/2005 SUPER STEALTHY2! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/20/2005 Mystery Trip Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/10/2005 Chicken Creek Arch Kansas [visit log]

Didn 6/9/2005 Rusting Buddies Kansas [visit log]

Didn 6/7/2005 Can you hear me NOW? Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/6/2005 Baby Jelly 2.0 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 6/6/2005 630 Wolves Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/22/2005 Boogity Boogity Boogity California [visit log]

Didn 5/21/2005 The Chop Sticks Cache California [visit log]

Didn 5/20/2005 " AIRPLANE OBSERVATION " California [visit log]

Didn 5/20/2005 Above Old Town Cache #2 California [visit log]

Didn 5/19/2005 ISBN0878690042 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/16/2005 Ol' Brick Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/14/2005 SQ - All Shook Up Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/8/2005 Dad Is Great, He Feeds Us Chocolate Cake! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/7/2005 Hollywood Park Ohio [visit log]

Didn 5/2/2005 Tree Thru Metal? Tennessee [visit log]

Didn 5/2/2005 Bowling for Cache Tennessee [visit log]

Didn 4/30/2005 Damvue Tennessee [visit log]

Didn 4/30/2005 The Bell Jar (getting archived June 15, 2005) Tennessee [visit log]

Didn 4/29/2005 The Search For Little China - year of the Rat Tennessee [visit log]

Didn 4/24/2005 DAG!! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/22/2005 Ruhe Sanft Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/16/2005 Shaw Fitch Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/3/2005 Fish R Funny Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/3/2005 LoCo Cache #3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/3/2005 Free Grandma H Ohio [visit log]

Didn 4/1/2005 I Find Tinsel Distracting Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/31/2005 I Find Tinsel Distracting Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/31/2005 We're Just the Messengers! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/30/2005 I Find Tinsel Distracting Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/27/2005 Resatar Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/27/2005 Hollywood Park Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/26/2005 Ask James, He Knows Where It Is! Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/26/2005 Jimmy D.'s Travel Bug Motel Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/24/2005 Parma Place - Trivial Pursuit Style Ohio [visit log]

Didn 3/24/2005 Kramer! WHERE’D YOU PARK THE CAR? (#7) Alabama [visit log]

Didn 2/20/2005 Triangulation Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/20/2005 Tabor County Fair Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/20/2005 Manny's Land Of Carpet Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/17/2005 By the light of the moon Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/17/2005 Que What You Call Your Pasa? Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/15/2005 The Girls First Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/14/2005 By the light of the moon Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/13/2005 Resatar Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/13/2005 Baby Jelly 2.0 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/6/2005 By the light of the moon Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/5/2005 Brookside Stadium Ohio [visit log]

Didn 2/5/2005 domonic3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/30/2005 Gold Cliffs of Parma Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/29/2005 Polish Cannon Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/28/2005 NOCC on Wood Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/28/2005 Baby Jelly 2.0 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/28/2005 SBUX 37 - GeoNEO Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/23/2005 Journey to the Center of the Mind Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/23/2005 Manny's Land Of Carpet Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/18/2005 Micro Park Pennsylvania [visit log]

Didn 1/15/2005 domonic3 Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/1/2005 The Big Tin Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/1/2005 Chicken Heart Ohio [visit log]

Didn 1/1/2005 Bring the S'mores Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/30/2004 Resatar Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/11/2004 Veterans Memorial Park Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/11/2004 Sir Blunderbrain and the Terrible Tunnel Ohio [visit log]

Didn 12/6/2004 Galway by Night Ireland [visit log]

Didn 11/21/2004 Watery Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/31/2004 Teenage Jelly Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/23/2004 The Missing Emerald Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/10/2004 Lakewood's Erie Cache Ohio [visit log]

Didn 10/9/2004 Lakewood's Erie Cache Ohio [visit log]

We don't have any problem at all logging DNF's when we don't find them, as you can see we have more DNF's than many have finds but if we find the cache container and cache maintenance is needed to retrieve it or the log book is not able to be signed, we will still claim a find. If the cache owner feels the need to delete our log, be our guest/no hard feelings. Of course that's just the way WE play the game... :) Happy Hunting!! TEZK :laughing:

I've got one on my own cache now that I'm hoping gets corrected:

:D May 28 by NEWBIE (2 found)

My wife and I came to see the Rock that Bubba painted. We looked for the rock which had a ledge, but we did not see it so maybe the cache is gone? I wanted to leave a 100 dollar Iraq Dinar note.

This was the first time I was there. Bubba was there and I got to speak to him and thank him for painting the rock. I told Bubba that I was an Iraq Veteran. Bubba said, "I wanted to paint the rock for all Military" Thanks Bubba.

I sent them an email asking them to change the log to a DNF, but no update so far. I'm not hopeful since their other find was 3 years ago! I hate to delete this log because the info in it is now part of the cache history, but dang it, it's a DNF! :rolleyes:

icon_smile.gif May 29 by FAKER2 (116 found)

found lord haw-haw, didn't find the cache. came all the way from the states with the cache already in my gpsr to find that the cache had been disabled! oops! i'm in my hostel right now, but when i have access to my pcitures i will post my picture of the site to prove i was there. possibly it will count as a find as i have come all the way from florida to find this gem of a cache! i even spoke with the caretaker of the cemetary- what a nice man! he even looks after the cache!

i'm sorry i was behind on your diabling i woul dhave loved to sign the log and find the actual cache. but thank you for bringing me to this lovely cemetary! tomorrow i will make my way out to the cliffs of moher to see what i can find out that way.

icon_smile.gif May 25 by FAKER1 (6 found)

found the spot. but no cache.

It's been exported! :ph34r:

Do I write this guy or not....

:ph34r: May 1 by 'doesn't know what a note is' (131 found)

No find, just thanking all of you for what you are doing. We really do care about you.

Found it on my buddy's cache he placed here in Ramadi,Iraq.Hmmm.

Before checking the Past Logs for this cache (one of the problems with caching "paperless" :ph34r:), we spent quite a bit of time searching. If not for that "Found It," this cache would not have even been in my GPSr since I filter out caches with that many DNFs. On a roadtrip, I don't want to waste time looking for a missing, or difficult-to-find cache. B)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

icon_note.gifJune 2 by Truthteller (136 found)

have been to this cache before and was taking a geo coin that has a mission to visit all the states of America, so was getting it logged for California. I have unfortunate news tho, the cace is no longer present. So to the cache owners you might wanna place another canister with log. this is a great cache, with much history. would hate to see it archived. So a little quick maintenance will save the day.

icon_smile.gif May 6 by Faker (41 found)

lot of old clothes

icon_sad.gifApril 30 by Truthteller (60 found)

Been twice DNF .Would like to know if it,s still there!

icon_sad.gif April 27 by Truthteller (254 found)

3:00PM Interesting ruins, great photo stop, but DNF on the cache. Three of us were hunting between Cacher 2 and Cacher 3 but we just couldn't find a sign of the cache. Bummer, but cool location, Thanks!

icon_sad.gif April 27 by Truthteller (54 found)

Looked and looked - DNF.

icon_sad.gif April 10 by Truthteller (410 found)

Looked and looked much abandoned clothing

icon_smile.gif March 29 by Finder (288 found)

TNLNSL. Thanks for the hide

No find, just thanking all of you for what you are doing. We really do care about you.

I would send a friendly, polite email. Recently a friend posted a "Found It" on one of my caches, but since he didn't mention the cache container, I sent him an email. Turned out he had really meant to post a "Note," so he went back and changed it.

I would send a friendly, polite email. Recently a friend posted a "Found It" on one of my caches, but since he didn't mention the cache container, I sent him an email. Turned out he had really meant to post a "Note," so he went back and changed it.

I'd have to tell my buddy to do it...it's his cache and his call.But it has been bugging me since I saw it.

Edit-I guess it shouldn't but it does.

Edited by vtmtnman