Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

:mad:  May 9, 2003 by <snip>  (5 found)

I found what used to be that cache with <snip>, <snip>, and <snip>. We are sure this was the place since we took a look and only found what was holding the cache. Sorry to say.. this one was plundered :P

Find...nope.

I am confused.  Container was still there but plundered.  Did not seekers find it?

They found the velcro that held the cache...not the cache comtainer itself...

No Find in my book

do all the examples meen that all the multis where i found one or two waypoints or where i was compleatly stumped or it was late and i was tired but hat planed to search. I can actualy log? cool that would add abought 20 more to my total . If they say they havent realy found it just deleate the log as a newbee I made a mistake and thought the log didn't take so i posted it twice then added a note and the log owner deleated all my posts . its only fair you want to cheat dont tell every-one you cheated

Ok... here's one I went out and checked on do to cache supposedly being relocated by a fellow cacher to a new site. There are 3 found it logs and one of them even said they didn't find it but thought it was MIA. The 2 cachers before him that "moved" cache hadn't found it either. They just gave cords to a 'new' location.

I went out today and found cache still in exact spot where i found it and none of the 3 signed log... I already emailed the owner. I don't see why they can't write a note or a dnf, or if really embarrassed they can just pretend they were never there :P (this one's just a 50cal ammo... very good hide it took me 30min to spot)

Once I found a plundered cache. The container (with a "this is a geocache, etc." sign on it) was on the ground, empty. I rehid it (the hiding place was obvious to me) and put a note in it with my log. Then I logged a find on the web site. Owner said it was fine and even thanked me for partially restoring the cache.

So even if the logbook is missing, if the container is there and you can put a note in it, logging a find is OK in my opinion.

What about this one, by a newbie?

Found the barking dog and the can, but nothing inside. I've lived in [town] for 21 years and never saw this site before. Interesting!

The cache had been plundered. I know the can was still there because I was there earlier that day. So she found the remains of the cache shortly before it got archived. Is this a find?

The cache had been plundered. I know the can was still there because I was there earlier that day. So she found the remains of the cache shortly before it got archived. Is this a find?

Not in any way - By marking it as a find, you don't alert future finders/the owner that there's a problem, unless they take the time to properly read the log.

If the can *was* the cache container then I think it should be considered a find. They found the cache. The fact that it has been plundered means there's no log book to sign, but they did find it.

If it was me, I'd still log it as a find and notify the cache owner that though the cache container was there, it needs maintenance.

If the cache was supposed to be attached/in the can that was found, then no, they didn't find the cache container.

That's how I'd play the game.

David

Wow this was a great cache as expected. Now I did not get to sign the logbook, but I got to the spot. Great location and fun area.

I started at the cow camp parking lot and overall it was a 10 mile trek. I really enjoed the last mile when the walls start to close in and the forest gets dense. The aspens are killer right now as well.

This area is great!

Didn't get to sign the logbook because the cache had been archived and removed. They did take a picture of their GPSr as "proof" that they were there though. We need a different colour smiley for "Found It"'s on archived caches. :blink:

Not a good way to start. I found the location of the cache and this fella was sitting there. Walked around a while and he never left! Came back later in the day with the Mrs. from the Earwax team and yes it was the right location... AND, he was still there!!!! Oh well, hope he had a nice rest. Couldn't take or leave anything.

Here is another one where the poster claimed a find without ever laying hands on the cache. The posts before and after this one were no finds and the owner archived it as missing soon after. This poster could not have known if it was even there at his visit!

Another one:

:blink:  January 30 by xxxxxxxx (711 found)

NOTE: **********THIS CACHE IS MISSING!**********

Joined up with the Team Leader of the xxxxxxx for the day and we bushwhacked up the side of this hill (Took the trail down... How we missed it is still a mystery!) At the cache site we located a garbage bag and some rocks and the dead tree... but nothing else. I was certain my partner-in-caching was gonna uproot the whole mountain but there was nothing else to be found. Sad...

T: The Garbage Bag (CITO)

L: Nothing.

Sad indeed.

Edited by briansnat

haven't been on the forums for awhile and wanted to explain myself. Most of the time we have either called the cache owner and had known for sure it wasn't there or someone that had found it before was with me at them time and confirmed it wasn't there. Oh also about the item 20' high on a light pole in plain site? Easy if you use a little creativity. Getting it back up was tough though.

On an archived cache:

icon_remove.gifJuly 13, 2003 by OWNER

Almost a year to the day in which I placed this cache, I find out that it needs to be archived. The geomuggles got to it and strowed it all around the area. I picked up what was left and headed out with the cache. Please archive... Thanks.

and then...

icon_smile.gifJuly 17, 2003 by CACHER

Well I'll call it a find. Got the yellow ball, AOL tin, andPony pals off the ground! If you want the stuff back I'll save it for you or drop it off somewhere! Thanks...

down by Auburn, I was doing the PRS cache series...Puyullap river this summer and ran into a container that had literally been sealed shut by growing trees!!!! For the life of me, I couldn't open or budge the container. So I marked the outside fo the container. I agree...in this case and other similar cases, you should log it as a find.

Edit: I quoted the wrong one. I was referring to teh post regarding finding the almost impossible to open PB jar by Mt. Rainier. CGal's post.

Edited by evergreenhiker!
Well, one fo my finds does include a plundered cache in Bremerton couple years ago. I actually found the container opened and contents gone. I emailed the cache owner and let him know aobut the situation. Only such find for me. AFter that incident, I decided if I ran into that again, I wouldn't log it as such.

I think that's quite different from the other ones mentioned here. I think finding the container, even if empty would be a legit find. Even finding the contents and no container could qualify.

What we see here are people who found neither calling it a find.

I think finding the container, even if empty would be a legit find. Even finding the contents and no container could qualify.

If you find a container, how do you know you found THE container?

Same is true for scattered McToys.

(I guess I'd make log a find for a container that was marked as being THE geocache I was searching for...but if I find an empty Tupperware container near the coordinates, did I find the cache?)

I think finding the container, even if empty would be a legit find. Even finding the contents and no container could qualify. 

(I guess I'd make log a find for a container that was marked as being THE geocache I was searching for...but if I find an empty Tupperware container near the coordinates, did I find the cache?)

The owner can verify it's a legit find. One of my caches was destroyed and the next finder found only the scattered contents. He posted a DNF, but described in his log what he actually found. I emailed him back telling he can change his log to a find, since he obviously found what was rest of the cache.

(He chose not to and decided to come back later when I had fixed the cache.)

If you see WWW.GEOCACHING.COM on the lid there would be a good chance it's the cache.

As far as scattered McToys, if there is a logbook among them, that increases the probability that you found the remains of the cache. Also, if you're deep in the forest, with nothing around for a few miles and find a pile of trinkets at the cache coordinates, I'd have to think they are part of the cache. Is it guaranteed? No, but chances are very good.

Periodically I go to My Cache Page and print the current list of my recent cache finds. I write the number of the find for each found cache just to keep track. I discovered I had logged a find that should have been a DNF. I corrected it, then had to renumber the finds correctly. I didn't read each thread posted on this subject, but my error may be there. My favorite "find log" seen for several posts is something to the effect of "I didn't have a pencil or pen, but I'm logging it on the computer." A couple of individuals logged several caches this way and were told finds would be deleted in the future if the practice continued. I don't know how many cache web pages I have seen that advise to carry something to write with. I carry a pencil because I had a pen that the ink froze in. I did not make a cache log book entry because of frozen ink. But I didn't log it as a find, either. Those who know me are aware that I won't log a find if the cache owner tells me where the cache in actually located. I'm into geocaching for the hunt and find.

Possibly the oldest false find, October 2000:

icon_smile.gifOctober 13, 2000 by CACHER

This was our first attempt at a find. My wife thought we were going to Pt Townsend to look at antiques not a treasure hunt. My wife and I and our three daughters (10,7&7) set out in the rain on Friday the 13th to seek your stash. I told here that we were only 0.24 miles from the stash when we left the car (of course that is as the crow flies!) After a cold misty/rainy walk we found the bunker hidden in the ivy (it matched the photos referenced on the other website). What a great spooky place to hide treausure. We did not find the stash. It may no longer be there, we looked everywhere within the bunker, several times. The girls were only slightly disappointed in not finding the stash. It was a great adventure for all. I hope to dry my wife out an convince her that it was fun (actuatlly she had fun too, though she will not admit it) and seek another stash soon.

Thanks for a fun afternoon

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z

Both geocachers who looked for this cache together posted a find even though they admit they came up empty:

:P October 24 by <CACHER#1> (#### found)

For our first attempt, we ended up on the wrong side of the creek. So we hiked back to the mini-van, drove around and found a closer parking spot..which I knew there had to be one because we saw a family searching for the cache from across the creek. We then met up with the <CACHER#2> family and together we searched high and low, in and out, turned over every log, then, found a stake in the ground at ground-zero which we are assuming is where the cache is/was. CITO. Thanks from the <CACHER#1>.

We did not see any deer but after all of that searching I wanted to lay down and sleep. But no, got to go and get some more Bob's.

:huh:  October 24 by <CACHER#2> (### found)

Saw many deer on this hunt. Love when that happens. TFTC

March 27 by *****  (26 found)

Believe I found the hiding spot, however, no cache. I wonder if it has been returned after the dog episode? Maybe someone else could take a look and lemme know. I was short on time today, maybe I missed it? But I don't think so.

ROTFLMFAO.. Well I had a good time reading all the caches found that wasn't really found. I'm a VERY newbie @ this as in I started reading the web site a week ago. & actually went hunting this evening for the first time. I did find the cache & signed it for proof.. Like I said I'm new but it sure looks to me like it should be in the rules of the game that you " have to sign " or its not a find.. That should solve that problem. & if someone went for the joy of the hunt then they found their fun in the hunt.. But shouldn't count it as a find because they didn't sign the sheet.. & it also seems like there could be a race of amount of finds going on here.. ( the reason for saying its a find when it wasn't ) ) as well as someone not liking it when that person says they had a find when it wasn't. which either or.... isn't what the game is all about right?

that's just my 2 cents worth.

opinions are like ***holes " everyone has one " :laughing:

From the same cache:

Archive: September 29 by xxx (10 found)

Sorry this cache was destroyed by a mower. Had to archive it.

:anibad:  September 27 xxx (39 found)

I didn't read the other logs until after I had already discovered the pieces. I picked up some of the pieces and will take them to the owner...

:)  September 26 by xxx (711 found)

Found what I think was the pieces of the cache under a tree. After reading the log prior to mine, I see that someone else gathered the pieces together.

:o  September 26 by xxx (32 found)

This cache has been destroyed by a lawnmower. We found the red lid first and then small pieces of the shredded log. The pieces of paper were too small to read so we were hoping it wasn't the cache. Finally we found a larger piece of the container wrapped in black hockey tape with www.geo written on it. I placed the pieces under a scraggly tree near the curb.

One of these cachers (with lots of finds) features elsewhere in this thread... Hey, whatever floats your boat, but these "finds" are not useful for the hider or future seekers of the cache.

From the same cache:
Archive: September 29 by xxx (10 found)

Sorry this cache was destroyed by a mower. Had to archive it.

:D  September 27 xxx (39 found)

I didn't read the other logs until after I had already discovered the pieces. I picked up some of the pieces and will take them to the owner...

:lol:  September 26 by xxx (711 found)

Found what I think was the pieces of the cache under a tree. After reading the log prior to mine, I see that someone else gathered the pieces together.

:lol:  September 26 by xxx (32 found)

This cache has been destroyed by a lawnmower. We found the red lid first and then small pieces of the shredded log. The pieces of paper were too small to read so we were hoping it wasn't the cache. Finally we found a larger piece of the container wrapped in black hockey tape with www.geo written on it. I placed the pieces under a scraggly tree near the curb.

One of these cachers (with lots of finds) features elsewhere in this thread... Hey, whatever floats your boat, but these "finds" are not useful for the hider or future seekers of the cache.

Hey, at least they found SOMETHING. There are logs here where they didn't find squat and one where the person didn't even enter the park because the gates was closed, but logged a find :D

What are your thoughts on this one? I counted it as a find. Here is what I posted:

October 30 by Team Tayjam (21 found)

I found the remains of the cache. It looks like it had been vandalized. I put it back together as well as I could. There were a couple of matchbox cars and a baseball keychain and some kind of wooden toy scattered around. The lid was still in what I am assuming was the original location. The bottom of the container was about halfway down the hill. There was no log book.

In general, this was a very fun cache. I enjoyed the puzzle and a couple of the clues took me into parts of the park that I had never visited.

Thanks for the cache!

Here is a link to the cache. Brookside Unburied Treasure

:D  October 24 by CACHER (16 found)

Found it, but way too many muggles around to sign the log. So consider it a virtual find. Nice hide, by the way.

There was a gc.com log entry very much like this for a nearby cache I've found. And I have to say it (too many muggles) was true. I had to wait around for about 45 min. on this popular wilderness trail and be fairly surrepticious to sign the logbook and trade.

But the folks that previously claimed the find didn't touch the cache... I don't know, I certainly wanted to sign the log for myself but I can see how if they couldn't wait and lived too far away to come back.. well maybe they did us a favor by not just pulling it out in on a crowded trail. Personally I wouldn't have logged it in those circumstances, but I'd rather they took a "visual" find and didn't mess up a pretty cool cache than do something foolish in a rush to sign a log.

But let's face it- it's more than a little ridiculous to be obsessing about scores like people do, and they're really only humiliating themselves if they cheat or take finds without signing a log. I mean it's a little like cheating at solitare.

-t-

But hey, I also don't get those people that wouldn't set foot on a trail unless they can get 4 cache's logged... or people that own a Prius AND an Expedition (like the family down the street from me)..

What are your thoughts on this one?  I counted it as a find.  Here is what I posted:

I found the remains of the cache. It looks like it had been vandalized. I put it back together as well as I could. There were a couple of matchbox cars and a baseball keychain and some kind of wooden toy scattered around. The lid was still in what I am assuming was the original location. The bottom of the container was about halfway down the hill. There was no log book.

In general, this was a very fun cache. I enjoyed the puzzle and a couple of the clues took me into parts of the park that I had never visited.

Thanks for the cache!

At least you found something. I don't think most problem would have a problem with your logging a find for that.

Edited by briansnat
What are your thoughts on this one? I counted it as a find. Here is what I posted:

Thanks for the cache!

The only problem is that it doesn't alert future finders or the cache owner of a problem, unless they take the time to read the log (I know...)

Personally, and feel free to differ, I would log it as a DNF - in fact anytime I feel a little dodgy about it, I would DNF (look at me, goody two shoes :lol: )

What are your thoughts on this one?  I counted it as a find.  Here is what I posted:

Thanks for the cache!

The only problem is that it doesn't alert future finders or the cache owner of a problem, unless they take the time to read the log (I know...)

Personally, and feel free to differ, I would log it as a DNF - in fact anytime I feel a little dodgy about it, I would DNF (look at me, goody two shoes :lol: )

I've had a couple like that. With both I logged as finds and then sent a PM to the cache owner.

Have found 2 others where critters had trashed them. They'd completely eaten the tupperware to where there was no saving them. Both were scattered over several square foot areas. With one we found items over 50 ft away down a draw. We gathered up everything we could find, which also included scraps of the log books, and CITO it out. In both of these it had been a while since anyone had logged the caches so it appeared the cache owners weren't doing recent maintenance. I logged those as finds, took pictures of the caches and posted the pix with my find, posted what I could cypher from the log book, posted a "needs archived", and then PM the cache owner what they wanted to do with what was left. I figured I found them, had them in my hand, could have signed the log book had there been a good log book, could have rehidden them had they been in any repairable condition, but didn't like the idea of leaving trash in the woods.

A link emailed to me netted this goldmine of false finds. I especially like some of the comments people who correctly logged DNFs had to say.

We'll begin with the last legitimate find:

:D October 12 by CACHER (1xx found)

I stopped by here after eating lunch at the food court during my jury duty break. Nice hide! TNLNSL TFTC

Then,

:P October 19 by CACHER (9xx found)

The good news for me is that I found the cache site. It was raining so I had to dart in and out of the rain as I worked my way through the maze.

The rain stopped long enough for a good look and I found the site. The bad news is the cache container is not attached to the velcro any longer.... so I didn't sign the log.

Thanks for bringing me to this interesting place, it would make Dr Suess proud.

And then a DNF:

icon_sad.gif October 26 by CACHER (4xx found)

Found the velcro, didn't find the cache. I have no idea what [previous cacher] might have seen, but if it was a cache on the ground, it ain't there anymore... Since velcro does not = find, this is another [city] DNF for me.

Another DNF:

icon_sad.gif October 26 by CACHER (xx found)

This search took place during a congress trip to [city]. I had lunch in one of the restaurants with my colleague and my boss and went for the cache afterwards. My boss got pretty interested. It was a pity I wasn’t able to find the cache.

And then the cake:

:huh: November 5 by CACHER (1xxx found)

I'm changing my log to a "Find." The cache container is obviously gone, but no log or response to e-mail from the owner. Found the velcro straps, but no cache container. I think this one may be a little too public to last.

[This entry was edited by CACHER on Sunday, November 14, 2004 at 9:35:45 AM.]

Another DNF:

icon_sad.gif November 9 by CACHER (1xx found)

Also did not find the cache. So, this should be repaired or taken out of service. Enjoyed our day in downtown [city] and visiting the mall. Hope it gets reset! Thanks

Now the cacher who found it on October 12 logged this note:

icon_note.gif November 10 by CACHER (1xx found)

Argh!!! I hate it when I'm the last one to successfully find a cache. I was trying to be discreet when I replaced it.

icon_sad.gif November 10 by CACHER (1xx found)

Should have read the logs previously. But I can also confirm velcro strips attached to the bottom of where I believe the altoid-like tin would have been attached but no cache.

Thanks for the Cache attempt,

And now the icing:

:D November 10 by CACHER (xx found)

Well, okay, found the velcro strip. Second raided site of the day. :P Still, it's a pretty cool mall.

:P November 11 by CACHER (xx found)

Same results for [above CACHER] and I today. Found Velcro but no cache. GPSr showed Elevation at 100', 13' away, 15' accuracy with 8 Sats locked in. FYI, there are camera placed through outthe mall and some security guard may have watched it being returned. [CACHER who posted the note] shouldn't feel bad cuz of that.

Well, at least they were new. But finally, someone had mercy and posted this SBA:

icon_remove.gif November 17 by CACHER (4xx found)

Okay, I'll bite and post an SBA before more people are misled by the recent "Find"s on a no-tin, no-log velcro cache. Same thing is occurring with [another cache] nearby, apparently.

And the end of today's installment. Enjoy.

Jamie

I lied. There's more from me today. Stumbled on this one, reading the most recent logs:

:P August 21 by CACHER (121 found)

Had a great hike out to the cache site, and we really enjoyed the view from up there. After a thorough search of where we thought the cache would be, we eventually saw that it had fallen and was sitting on an inaccessible ledge.

I took a picture, and the blue lid of the container can be seen in the red circle.

Obviously, we were not able to sign the log.

The owner was notified of the ill-fated cache.

This was accompanied by a photograph where you could indeed see the blue lid of the container circled in red.

Picture=find? For some, maybe.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z
November 17 by xxxxx (641 found)

Taking the liberty of logging this as a find since the cache appears to be missing. Cache owner was notified immediately and confirmed that we searched the correct area. If it turns out the cache is still there, I'll edit this find to a no find.

OK, so if the cache is really there it's a DNF, but if it's not there it's a find?

How many of those 641 finds did they really sign a log book for?

Maybe I should just post another (I've already found this one) find so xxxxx can change his log to the truth.

DNF Oct 9 Isonzo Karst

Found the two halves of velcro, but no container attached to the sticky. Nice views of the water. Thanks for bringing us here.

Found It! October 9 by user

Velcro is nice when it works. This one had let go of the container but XXX fashioned a new temporary log and placed it where the container should have been firmly attached. If it stayed that would be good.

Silly me, all those DNFs, I should have just fashioned a new temporary log signed it and logged a smiley! Whatever was I thinking! :D And I didn't learn either, I've logged another 11 DNFs since Oct 9.

icon_sad.gif August 6 by Lllllll (356 found)

1:30pm--came here to get this one and it wasn't here. I see that a couple of cachers have been there after we were but logged it sooner. Why do people log this as a find when they clearly did not find it??

August 6 by mmmmm (373 found)

B)  Looked everywhere and I looked there too. On vacation here so I went to relatives then neighbors house (traded roofing and carpentry skills and many, many wheelbarrows of gravel) to log on to net. I wrote blazerfan and he said I was in the right area and that I could log this missing cache. Thanks as I had fun and enjoy the hunt. momagna D

August 7 by Rrrrrr- (1512 found)

:laughing:  You should rename this the disappearing cache. Everytime I go to look for it, it is gone. Thanks for trying to keep this one alive.

:ph34r:  August 7 by DDDDDDy (571 found)

yep, I agree with Rooster. Maybe the area is jinxed

August 8 by bBBBB (473 found)

traffic_cone.gif I guess this park just wasn't meant to have a cache. Maybe I'll look for another spot one of these days.

The fake finders have alomst 1,500 "finds" between the 3 of them :lol:

This just in

<_<  User Mucho finds Nov 27

We were crawling around on things looking for this one and found the cache location but found no container. We all signed a piece of paper and wedged it in the spot where the cache should have been. Then we spent the next 10 minutes looking between the holes to see if we could spot the container floating around somewhere. We have photos of the spot if you need them to prove we were there.

I gotta remember, sign the paper, put it where the cache should have been = icon_smile.gif

Silly me I just keep logging those DNFs

19f94d43-7980-4031-a093-14efeecc73c5.jpg

Many from the same cache in the Berkshires - apparently a virtual masquerading as a regular cache...

Apparently if you can't get a virtual approved, you can just put it in as a regular cache, and note that it's possibly missing on the webpage!

:) November 20 by XXX (66 found)

After climbing to the top in a light rain and getting the coords location the determination to find the cache resulted in anything loose in the area being thrown overboard and all cracks vacuumed clean,NO CAN Our suggestion is to change this cache to a virtual after reading other logs and our search today I took some pictures of the site for proof of being there. If someone knows the cache IS there please inform us we will go back I'm logging this as a find only because the owner instructed so At least we got a good workout

:huh: October 7 by XXX (425 found)

My dad explained it all. I was disappointed that we didn't find the cache, but I liked the view and the walk there. Dad said it was better than a cache container anyway. I hope we can log this, even though we didn't find the can. I took some pictures along the way. Thank you.

:laughing: October 7 by XXX (1147 found)

I did NOT find the cache container, but I am logging a find anyway..hope the owner doesn't mind. The last sentence on the cache page says that if you don't find the can, you have still discovered the real cache. The real find is the great hike to the top, the spectacular views, etc..well my 8 year old and I found that. If that is the purpose for bringing us to the top, you succeeded. It was worth the trip. We have photos as proof of our journey, if needed (as soon as my son gets his film developed). We saw the log across the rocks and made our way down to it...but found nothing. I didn't see that the cache hadn't been found in such a long time, or we may not have attempted this. We were visiting from PA and only had limited time to find caches. Since it was near where we were staying, we decided to stop and try it. So, I believe that we got out of it what the owner intended...even if I didn't leave my signature in a log book there. Thank you for the hike and the views.

What about this one:

:blink: October 7 by Leprechauns (xxxx found) I was in town for a few days with my favorite female geocacher from Nebraska and we decided to hunt this one. We never found the cache, but we did find the park. After walking well over 230 yards from the parking area to where the GPSr said it should be, I think I deserve this one. We spent 7 minutes looking, if you combine our search times, and I found a tree. Since a tree is mentioned on the cache page, I think that’s close enough. After resting for a while, we started back to the car.

:blink: December 2 by Criminal (xxx finds)

Just logging a repeat find on my favorite microcache. I just can't get enough of it. I like how I can hold it between my fingers as I slowly pry it from its hidey spot.

Well, actually, to be totally honest, I didn't find it today. It was covered up by a big Santa hat. But I'm sure it's down there somewhere! I will try again tomorrow. Twice.

Step 4 – The Find

Huzzah! You found the cache! Congratulations! Now what?

Usually you take an item and leave an item, and enter your name and experience you had into the log book. Some people prefer to just enter their name into the log book. It’s an accomplishment enough to locate the cache.

What are the rules in Geocaching?

Geocaching is a relatively new phenomenon. Therefore, the rules are very simple:

1. Take something from the cache

2. Leave something in the cache

3. <_<:rolleyes: WRITE ABOUT IT IN THE LOGBOOK :ph34r::huh:

Where you place a cache is up to you.

Guess what webpage this is from. :huh:

6 DNF'S AND PROBABLY MORE BUT I ALWAYS HAVE FUN CACHING WETHER I LOG A FIND OR NOT. WE DON'T WIN PRIZES FOR THIS FOLKS!

Edited by Clan X-Man
:angry: December 22 by CACHER (8 found)

On the way from CITY to CITY. In a cold rain. Found it. We didn't sign the log because we just wanted to get out of the rain. Will try to go back in dry weather.

Now, I've found this cache. So I'm pretty sure that when he says that he "found it," he means that he saw the cache. It takes a small amount of effort to retrieve. Odds are the cache was seen, the cacher was too lazy/cold/wet/tired to grab it, so he left and logged it as a find anyway.

Jamie