Deleted Log

christmas eve i found and logged a virtual. i emailed the answer within 5 minutes of logging the find, but they deleted my first log then gave me permission to log it again. my second log said "replacing my deleted log. i was there." that was at christmas time. yesterday i get an email that they deleted my second log. what gives? ;)

I never log a virtual until I get a response back from the hider verifying that I found it. So I suppose that could explain the first deletion. But the 2nd one?

I would definitely email them and ask 'what's up?'

GPSKitty

i did. if it takes them 2 and a half months to delete my post who knows how long it will take to get an answer from them.

Just keep posting a find log. Every time they delete, post a new one. They will either get tired of deleting it or offer you an explanation.

And as you do that, just to CYA, e-mail the cache owner the information that he wanted.

I have only had to delete one log from the virtual that I "placed." Before I did that I e-mailed the "finder" twice to remind him that he needed to send me the info and gave him over a week. (By the way, his log had said that he didn't even have to go down there, he knew right where the spot was.)

Good luck,

RichardMoore

i go right ahead and log virts. ESPECIALLY if they demand i ask permission first. what's the point of that? an owner can delete your log just as easily if you don't send the answers.

and where they say you can't find the answer without going there, i feel duty bound to find the answers on the internet. i have never failed at this.

i also do not ever claim a find that i haven't physically visited, but i have been known to send a virt owner a message like:

hello. it is possible to obtain the answers to your cache online. here are the links: (insert appropriate links here). intend to visit the location on (insert date) along with some other caches in the area. let me know if you would like me to send you photograps of me there.

although i am a smarty-pants, i have never been asked to furnish photos.

they haven't hidden any traditional caches. they just have 5 virtuals. i wouldn't stoop to that level anyway.

Then go place traditional/micro caches right at their virtual sites and submit them to GC.com.

Is GC still giving preference to real caches? If that's the case you might override their virtuals and have five new caches on you hide list B) I guess you should only do that if you are in a bad mood or just feeling mean ;)

Good luck finding out what the problem is.

they haven't hidden any traditional caches.  they just have 5 virtuals.  i wouldn't stoop to that level anyway.

sounds like either some really idiotic cacher or a sockpuppet for someone else

they aren't a sockpuppet. their profile page has dozens of pics of the family. i can't find any forum posts for them though.

They aren't a sockpuppet. their profile page has dozens of pics of the family. i can't find any forum posts for them though.

Your log is still there and everything looks okay.

Not everyone that caches reads the forums. A friend of mine caches with me quite often and NEVER looks at the forums. She just posts her logs and looks for/hides caches. ;)

Someone must be hacking into brian's account, I can't believe what he just said!

I was only joking! Sort of. Cache owners who delete legit finds really bother me. It's a small minded and petty practice.

Well since we're being a little devious I will post another thought I had. If you're really feeling vindictive you can post the answers here in the forums. Then we could all log finds from all over the world.

Someone must be hacking into brian's account, I can't believe what he just said!

I was only joking! Sort of. Cache owners who delete legit finds really bother me. It's a small minded and petty practice.

Well since we're being a little devious I will post another thought I had. If you're really feeling vindictive you can post the answers here in the forums. Then we could all log finds from all over the world.

don't think i haven't thought about it. ;) i want to keep my warning meter at zero if i can. B) the log that is there now is one i put in today. i e-mailed them and asked if this was good enough. huge cloud of sarcasm hanging over keyboard. i also told them that i would relog it everytime they deleted it or we could let our local approver solve the problem.

Edited by uperdooper

The way I see it is it's only 1 find. I had this happen to me on a virtual that we logged in Indy. There was a group of 6 of us and I submitted the info for the group to the cache owner. I stated that we were there together (listed names) from out of town and I was the guy submitting the answers so everybody didn't have to send an individual email. He/she deleted the logs anyway. Why? No idea, but it's only one cache. There are thousands more to log. BUt, if that person were to come into my area, I would have the urge to return the favor! I probably wouldn't but it'f fun to think about!!

they haven't hidden any traditional caches.  they just have 5 virtuals.  i wouldn't stoop to that level anyway.

You could go out and steal the historical markers.... ;)

can't steal this one. it's really big. i got an e-mail from them saying i didn't send in the answers, so i sent them again. maybe they will get it now. i wonder why it took them almost 3 months to decide i didn't e-mail them. i have no idea who these people are. it's hard to p*ss off someone you don't even know.

You could go out and steal the historical markers.... ;)

can't steal this one. it's really big. i got an e-mail from them saying i didn't send in the answers, so i sent them again. maybe they will get it now. i wonder why it took them almost 3 months to decide i didn't e-mail them. i have no idea who these people are. it's hard to p*ss off someone you don't even know.

Sound like he's being an a******. He should send you an email saying he didn't get your answers before deleting your find over and over. It would really be much less work for him.