-sporttrak Map Techincal Question, Sorta

I have a sporttrak map, i may have over looked this in the manual but is there a way for the GPS to record or save your top speed? say i was wanting to see how fast my jetski would go and i couldnt hold the gps while driving it. Can it record/save the top speed so you can go back and view it?

thanks!

Yes. If you have at least version 4.02, there is a setting for max speed. It's not on any of the screens by default, you'll have to go to one of the screens and replace one of the values. Press "menu" and then "Customize". Scroll to the field you want to replace, hit enter and then scroll down to "Max Speed".

JetSkier

Yes. If you have at least version 4.02, there is a setting for max speed. It's not on any of the screens by default, you'll have to go to one of the screens and replace one of the values. Press "menu" and then "Customize". Scroll to the field you want to replace, hit enter and then scroll down to "Max Speed".

JetSkier

JetSkier........

Thanks for that anwser about max speed. I never saw that in the customize menu list but know I know it's there. I could use that for testing my boat.

Thanks!! ;)

jetskier, thanks for the reply. My sporttrak is new so i assume its the newst prog. Ill check in the morning,

BTW, what kinda jet ski do you own? I just aquired a brand new off show room flor 2003 kawi ultra 150, 1200 cc baby! Itll be my first time on a jet ski but i have been on a boat since i was 4 weeks old! lol.

Dsc01344.jpg

Edited by rc_racer_007
jetskier, thanks for the reply. My sporttrak is new so i assume its the newst prog. Ill check in the morning,

BTW, what kinda jet ski do you own? I just aquired a brand new off show room flor 2003 kawi ultra 150, 1200 cc baby! Itll be my first time on a jet ski but i have been on a boat since i was 4 weeks old! lol.

Dsc01344.jpg

Excuse me but I don't see a mount for any GPS on that thing ;)

rc_racer,

I don't have quite the power you have. Mine is the Kawasaki 900 STS. It's a 3 seater with 890cc. I can get it up to around 55 mph ... according to the speedometer on the Ski. I haven't tested the max speed on the GPS. I'll have to get out there and try that!

Have fun with the JetSki and don't forget to ride safely!

JetSkier

will do! I have heard my model will get from 68-70+mph, kawis fastest production. looking to get some jetpilot board shorts, maybe a lyrca shirt depending on how my kawasaki life jacket rubs my skin. I heard the speedometers on skis arent very accurate, i dont have a radar gun, but a gps should do go! maybe put it in the 'glove compartment' below to handle bars, or something. I still got to pay taxes and licensing then insurance, GAG! lol.

aj