76c / 76cs Shipping

Now that the 60CS people have stopped their whining :unsure: , it's time for a whole new batch of 1st 76C and then 76CS orderers to start harrassing Garmin, their ordering dealer, the Fed Ex person..... the list goes on :lol:

Seriously, I hope Garmin can get both the 76C and 76CS out in April as I am one of the soon to be whining 76CS owners-to-be :lol:

- bigger and heavier than the 60

- supposed to have "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers"

I've asked Garmin what this "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers" claim on the product web page would mean, i.e. technology like in SIRF III or at least something like SIRF II with Xtrac. But they replied that they didn't know what it means and I should wait until the units ship.

I'd guess that "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers" is to be seen in contrast to the "old" 76S and means their own state-of-the-art as found in the 60ies which are reported to have a better reception than the 76S. But we will see...

I noticed GPS city has updated their ship date to Mar 31st for the 76CS. As in the 60C vs 60CS that's probably the date the 76C will show up, not the 76CS. I cancelled my 60CS order before it shipped too and am now GPS-less too and awaiting the 76CS.

- bigger and heavier than the 60

- supposed to have "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers"

I've asked Garmin what this "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers" claim on the product web page would mean, i.e. technology like in SIRF III or at least something like SIRF II with Xtrac. But they replied that they didn't know what it means and I should wait until the units ship.

I'd guess that "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers" is to be seen in contrast to the "old" 76S and means their own state-of-the-art as found in the 60ies which are reported to have a better reception than the 76S. But we will see...

This explains that new receiver Chip Technology that Garmin probably is using

Google search of the new receiver chips

Edited by GOT GPS?
If I am not mistaken, it looks like the 76cs screen is smaller the the 76s. Is this correct?

looks like it, 76S = 2.9" diagonal 76CS = 2.6" diagonal

I am not sure where you got your specs for the screen, but at the Garmin site the spec is the same for both the 60c and the 76c. 1.5" W x 2.2" H; 2.6" diagonally

If I am not mistaken, it looks like the 76cs screen is smaller the the 76s. Is this correct?

looks like it, 76S = 2.9" diagonal 76CS = 2.6" diagonal

I am not sure where you got your specs for the screen, but at the Garmin site the spec is the same for both the 60c and the 76c. 1.5" W x 2.2" H; 2.6" diagonally

Yes the 60C and 76CS have the same size screen.. more then likely the same screen and that is what I originally posted. (Same mistake :D ).. Then I realized the question was about the 76S and 76CS's screen. So I edited my post showing the 76S screen size listed in the man.