Caches In Buildings

There is one in my area like that, in fact, it's the closet cache to where I live. I haven't had a chance to get there yet because it's available only during business hours. The logs indicate that it's worth finding though, the secretary or receptionist actually hands it to you. :unsure:

i have one in a library, and last week i hunted one at the empire state plaza in albany NY. the coordinates take you to where you would be, but the cache is 30 feet UINDERGROUND, so you have to navigate. i do not know why the hider gave it a 1 for difficulty. i got lost down there.

Did my first library cache just this past weekend. Basically the coords take you to the front door of the library, you then find a specific call number (which took quite a long time). The book was on a floor that is rarely visited since the whole floor seems to be books in japanese. Anyway, there was a heating register near the book with a micro behind it. Very near was a window with a great view of downtown, since this was one of the top floors in the building. It was a very, very enjoyable cache.

I'm thinking about placing one in our local library, but it's a fairly small place, I can't think of any reasonably hidden areas to place one in. Also thinking about placing one in the local courthouse, since I have connections down there. :unsure:

I always thought it would be kinda cool to put one in the myriad of underground tunnels of Johns Hopkins Med school, and call it Lab Rats, but you'd have to have an I.D. for access. There is also nothing to see, and its easy to get lost.

Being over at the School of Public Health that is one I would do. Having spent many years across the street you are right about getting lost in the tunnels. And some of them get very dark, smelly and small.

JT & JP i knew about yours in the SSi lighthouse (hopefully get a smilie on it in a few weeks!). Also most of the caches in the GA State Parks are in the welcome center, per their request on placing caches.

Those library caches are cool. I dont know anyone at our library and would not be to sure as to how they would want to palce a cache in the library.

I actually know of a few in restaurants. Although you would right away think, "commercial cache", what makes these work is that they are TB hotels placed with knowledge and cooperation of the owners and staff. This makes them very muggle-resistent and, imo, negates the commercial aspect.

Their is one in a shopping mall here in Tucson that I have discussed in anouther thread, do a search for a topic called "Indoor Caches". I have seen the pages for many in parking garages

WildEarth : I just found the Tucson Mall one a few days ago, and my advice is : don't bother. This cache illustrates everything that can go wrong with indoor caches. The coordinates are absolutely useless, in fact the cache owner admitted he didn't bother to triangulate or approximate at all. There's absolutely nothing of interest in the container.

Being over at the School of Public Health that is one I would do. Having spent many years across the street you are right about getting lost in the tunnels. And some of them get very dark, smelly and small.

COOL! I used to work in the CRB (big building across the street from popeye's chicken.) Trying to go from Osler to the CRB, underground, is quite a task. I can't imagine trying to get to the Public Health building from the CRB.

I've visited several indoor caches; some are Virtuals or in parking lots. However, here in Chicagoland, we have a couple of Regulars that are hidden inside buildings, and are not commercial.

This one starts on the beach along the north shore of Lake Michigan, then uses simple clues which take you inside a building to find a marker. The marker then points to the cache.

The Ruined Palace

Most visitors love the idea of finding at least one cache without using a GPSr, but a few seem to go into panic mode and don't seem to know what to do, even though the directions are quite explicit!