Gsak- Printing?

I just started using GSAK a few days ago, and it is a great program! I would like to be able to print the GSAK screen, but have been unable to figure out a way to do it. A paper copy would be a handy reference and check list for those long caching days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok,i just gave this a shot (first time for everything),exported it as a csv file and with some manipulation in excel it's an easy enough process.

Just delete coloumns not required,maybe change page orientation,adjust column widths and you're good to go.

Maybe some of the more regular users can offer up some ideas also

Perhaps you guys can put your suggestions here where all the suggestions are going for GSAK instead of creating a 2nd thread.

Sure, that would make room for yet another 60c /cs thread.

Back to the topic...

I also wanted to print a screen. I tried:

Gadwin Printscreen

It is freeware and seemed to do the job quite nicely. If I needed more that a screen I'd dump it to a spreadsheet ot something as previously suggested.

Have fun.

Edited by maleki

Actually - I was suggesting that so you would get a response from the editor of GSAK itself. Why make him monitor two threads for software he's providing for free to the user? Be considerate.

As for a 3rd party program to do what Windows already does... that's just a gimmick. You can use Alt Printscreen to capture just the window and paste to Wordpad or Word or any other program you want to paste the image into.

To pick at their claims:

Full screen of data can be put only on the clipboard.

Untrue hype. Any program capable of accepting an inserted picture will paste it from the clipboard and you can choose either the specific window by using Alt Printscreen or the whole window by Ctrl Printscreen.

It is either difficult or impossible to capture some elements of a Windows screen, such as different shaped cursors.

If cursor capture is important to you then this might be the way to go. But it isn't difficult to capture a whole desktop or an individual window. Cropping is easy in most applications. You can also capture dropdown menues with the portion highlighted by the cursor.

You spend too much time making image captures.

As opposed to using 3rd party software to do the same thing in more steps?

Seriously, the only time this program would have been truly useful was back in Windows 3.x.

Just my two bits.

Actually - I was suggesting that so you would get a response from the editor of GSAK itself. Why make him monitor two threads for software he's providing for free to the user? Be considerate.

I know what you mean. Just amused at the staggering number of 60c /cs threads. I imagine it might be a nice product but I'm always happy to let others 'guinea pig' the first few runs of ANY product.

Actually, printing has been discussed in the main GSAK thread. It's(the thread) getting so huge though that things are getting tough to find in it.

The printscreen program seems to be quick and easy and priced right. Sort of self contained and eliminates a couple steps I can never remember - but that's just me I'm sure cause I seldom use a printscreen.

Ok,i just gave this a shot (first time for everything),exported it as a csv file and with some manipulation in excel it's an easy enough process.

Just delete coloumns not required,maybe change page orientation,adjust column widths and you're good to go.

I don't have Excel installed, but I could get it if this is the best way to go. I was/am hoping to avoid adding additional software though. Thanks for the response!

Perhaps you guys can put your suggestions here where all the suggestions are going for GSAK instead of creating a 2nd thread.

If I posted this in the wrong place, I am sorry. I feel that the huge size of the Gsak topic has made it pretty difficult to use. I did do a search for my problem, with no results. I admit to not reading all of the 437 replies on the Gsak topic.

I actually figured that I was overlooking something simple, and expected an easy answer. I certainly do not intend to inconvenience Clyde, who has done a fantastic job with Gsak.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Boundertom

No worries - just trying to give the author of GSAK a break by keeping it in one thread. You did the right thing by taking this to that thread and your approach was right on target.

As for the search function... I did a search on keyword print and narrowed it to stay in this forum, then select how many days back you want it to go... in this case 90 days is probably good. I also selected to show the results as posts so that I can quickly scan through by looking at the Topic title and reading that which is pertinent to me. I didn't see anything in the first four pages other than this thread and your new post in the other thread.