Freedom From Work Event Cache

Wander Lost

Hey WL, Pepper and I already making our plans for next week. It's going to be a blast! :)

I was just looking at the cache page, but the URL of the route doesn't work for me. I'm getting a page of computer gobbledygook.

I know we're meeting up at Tormenting TravisL cache -- are there any other fun & special caches that we'll be hoping to hit? I've only done a few caches in that area, so I'm looking forward to a day of exploring through caching.

Cin

TravisL has the route that I emailed him and hopefully is working on a pdf for us. But to sum up there is about 40-50 caches on the route. The only caches I've left off are the puzzle caches and a boat only cache. So there will be some multi's. I have the route in a mappoint file, but Travis tweaked it a bit and i couldn't re-open the file. Odd.

For premium members you can do a PQ of caches from a center cache of GCGT0Y My Jungle. It's disabled right now but I think the PQ will still work. I did a radius of only 5 miles and got a result of about 65 caches. That will give you a good idea of which ones we'll be finding. I'll work on getting more route info up by this weekend.

Here's the .pdf of the Route. Thanks Travis!!! You are the best.

Sure stop by for lunch!!!

Oh I'm also thinking of changing the end from Red Robin to someplace we can actually reserve a section for. What do you think?? Red Robin shouldn't be that busy at this time of day on a Thursday and this won't be the typical CM size crowd. There are quite a few other resturants in the area so if we decide we'd like to go somewhere else there are lots of options.

It doesn't look like I will really be able to meet up with you guys. Lunch starts at noon and I would guess 15 mins drive time to catch up and that puts you at #31. Maybe I could get that one and #32 and then its time to leave to get back to work....Late. :D Not worth getting in trouble over. Oh well.

I hope that means you're working TL.

Yah in a round about way I am. I have to get ready for an out of town weekend seminar and I made an appointment with somebody in the evening in regards to the same sideline I've gotten involved with. So that leaves the day to get ready for the weekend rather than the evening that I had planned for when I originally stated I was coming to this event.

Wow, what a route.

Don't Quack Up is archived now (plundered container). I don't think I can find another container and get it put back by then, you might want to check the page the day before just in case.

For your lunch, depending on how many people I'd recommend either Brown's Point Pizza (right next to lame-3) or Godfathers in Twin Lakes at 336th near Safeway.

I enjoyed the 5-minutes to get to 'This Old Tree'. Uh huh. It would be great if somebody could keep track of when you get where vs. the route, just for grins.

I have decided to make a change to the dinner plans. Red Robin is great, but they just don't deal with large unruly crowds well. I have made a reservation for us at Marie Callendars for 5:00. They understand that our arrival tiime is iffy and I will try to keep them updated on our schedule.

The bad news is that for groups larger than 8 they add in the manditory gratuity. I hate that but understand why they do it. It's too bad for them since I believe that in general Geocachers tip better than average. I just feel better with this set up so that we are assured a table big enough for everyone.

Thanks for the suggestions for lunch. I was hoping to find something out by the Lame Micros. I'll be checking the caches on the route late Wed. night and making any adjustments necessary Thursday morning.

Edited by Wander Lost

Less than 8 hrs of work to go!!!!!! Not that I'm doing any work right now! B)

I will be looking at the route and new caches Wednesday afternoon/evening and plan to have an add on sheet to give people Thursday Morning.

I still have to get that last set of coords for Torturing TravisL so we can add that to the route. :D

Edited by Wander Lost
Less than 8 hrs of work to go!!!!!! Not that I'm doing any work right now! :lol:

I will be looking at the route and new caches Wednesday afternoon/evening and plan to have an add on sheet to give people Thursday Morning.

I still have to get that last set of coords for Torturing TravisL so we can add that to the route. :lol:

It appears that I will be getting my 500th Find during this event. I sure hope there is a worthy cache along the route :lol:

I'm getting antsy because this will be my first machine AND my first event. I spent a few hours today figuring out how to get everything into my 85 year old PDA and making sure all the caches were in the GPSr. I think I'm ready unless a new cache pops up between today and Thursday.

I sure hope those dang weathermen are right!

Og

They had PDA's 85 years ago? Wow, I must have been out of the loop! :lol:

Pepper, Brittany is so glad you'll be bringing the twins! I just told her, and she jumped up and down for joy. She's out of school that day, too.

Well there not really out of school I'm just not taking them!

I'll tell the twins they will be thrilled.

Pepper

I'm looking at Federal Way History around 10:30 to join you, but don't hold me to that. I will assume you will be behind schedule a bit by that time. I'm not sure where you are planning on parking for that since the cache page says not to park on 320th and the S&T schedule shows you on 320th, but I will figure it out when I get there, if indeed that is where I join up with the group.

I'm getting antsy because this will be my first machine AND my first event.  I spent a few hours today figuring out how to get everything into my 85 year old PDA and making sure all the caches were in the GPSr.  I think I'm ready unless a new cache pops up between today and Thursday. 

I sure hope those dang weathermen are right! 

Og

Hey, doesn't our foray down into the mud to place the Hot Potato travel bug count as an event????? :(

I'm just now getting my pocket query information transferred into the GPS and smarrtphone (paperless caching!), then printing out the PDF files, then making sure my backpack has everything I might possibly need, then going to bed early for my 7am pick-up time!

Oh, and I need to print stickers -- augh! But, none of that matters, cuz I'm goin' cachin' in the mornin'!!!!!

Cin

(who has only gotten one cache in all of March, and has been grumpy and out of sorts all month)

I could use a copy of the route, as my printer is being a wee bit snarky. I had to go to Kinkos to get the Vancouver cache machine route! See everyone in the morning! (Finally, those lame micros will be mine! :(

I'll try to print an extra copy of the PDF file for you tonight. :D

Cin

Long post. Late. Final list of caches in order.

1. Tormenting TravisL GCHT4V

2. 5 Mile Hike GCJ12D

3. Testing TravisL GCHZCP

4. Grave Robber GC9A65

5. Seekers Blue Herons GC3B94

6. Gaines Park GCG0ZM

7. Auburn Lookout GC3C0C

8. Taunting TravisL GCHRMY

9. Seekers Dog Walk GC3E43

10. Seekers Bubbling Brook GCHRHE

11. Mother of all Acorns GCHE21

12. Black Acorn Mourns GCJ0ED

13. Ol’ Doc Lilly GCGGJ3

14. Acorn For Kids GCJ11F

15. Blueberry Fields Forever GCGXV6

16. Panther Lake GCFAEA

17. The Clock Library GCGT9Q

18. Pot o’ Gold GCF677

19. The Search for M.N. GCH5T8

20. Pizza Party Cache GCGPKJ

21. CatDog&Pups: The Creation GCHPHZ

22. Making Federal Way History GCGX0P

23. A Walk by Silver Lake GCHK2V

24. The Cache at Pooh Corner GC4C93

25. Olympic View GCA8AC

26. Draining the Power of the Buzz GCHVXH

27. The Buzz GCHKRJ

28. Lame Micro #4 GCHKMB

29. Lame Micro #3 GCHGWV

30. Lame Micro #2 GCHGWT

31. The Old Tree GCGW2G

32. Lame Micro #1 GCHGWR

33. Ravine Rave GC425C

34. The Day I went to the Sound… GCGR3F

35. Lakota Pipe Dream GCG41K

36. Centauri Alliance-Mars… GCHWY7

37. Centauri Alliance: #011 GCHZZJ

38. Poverty Bay Foreign Exchange GCC9BF

39. Elven Boat Launch & Bug Dropp GCB7A6

40. Bingaman Pond GC49D7

41. Potato’s End GCHPZT

42. Cantauri Alliance: Probe #003 GCJ21M

43. Soccer Fields Forever GCHMWB

44. The Buzz-in Hotel GCHVZJ

45. Federal Way Vine Challenge GCHVGC

We were definatly horribly behind schedule. But we had a ton of fun. Of the caches we did 26 in all only 10 were ones I hadn't done before. Kinda seems silly now, but we did skip quite a few in the middle that I hadn't done. But our schedule was firm and we had to pick up Lil Lost One promptly at 5:00.

I actually enjoyed watching people find a few of our caches the most. It was kind of fun to sit back and watch as they combed the area. Testing TravisL was funny because at least 6 people looked right at the cache and never saw it. Right Wing Wacko had his had on my Mata Nui cache 2-3 times before he figured it out.

Thanks to everyone who came out. Planning and looking forward to this event over the past few weeks has really helped me get through this important change in my life. I think I might have been a blubbering idiot for most of the day if not for you. I had a ton of fun and hope you did too.

Great Day, Thanks to everyone!

I even went over #300 (See my Old Tree log), and ended the day at 302 (which is approximate due to someone deleting some of my logs a couple years ago--see the Old Tree log).

Oh, it's Friday, I guess I need to send out 3 resumes so I can file my UI claim today...... :D

Back to 'work' now....

Great Day, Thanks to everyone!

I even went over #300 (See my Old Tree log), and ended the day at 302 (which is approximate due to someone deleting some of my logs a couple years ago--see the Old Tree log).

Oh, it's Friday, I guess I need to send out 3 resumes so I can file my UI claim today...... :P

Back to 'work' now....

That Old tree one was one of my fav's for the day. I really enjoyed the nice leg stretch and all that Trillium. That's a good one to pick for your 300th! :D

I think I'll go back and check out that whole park someday.

Og