Red Meat & GPS

Ozkar Wild

I'm a newbie and want to get into Geocashing. I just brought a GPS. But my friend told me that you can't eat red meat because it afects the GPS signal. He said the fatty amino acits and isoflavinoids in the meat react with the free radicals in your body and bend the GPS signal.

As anyone heard about this? I really like to try this sport, but I love steak and dont want to give it up.

Hmmm, I do not know if in fact "Red Meat" will affect a GPS unit ----- one day last week while we were out caching me and my partner got the munchies, big time we put our unit in the dash mount and it lead us right to the local Jack in the Box ---- Hmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

Mzee --- The Seeker!

Hmmm, I do not know if in fact "Red Meat" will affect a GPS unit ----- one day last week while we were out caching me and my partner got the munchies, big time we put our unit in the dash mount and it lead us right to the local Jack in the Box ---- Hmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

Mzee --- The Seeker!

Sounds like your friend is promoting a personal agenda. Animal rights or militant vegitarian?

icon_rolleyes.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

[This message was edited by Cachier on May 23, 2002 at 02:00 PM.]

Sounds like your friend is promoting a personal agenda. Animal rights or militant vegitarian?

icon_rolleyes.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

[This message was edited by Cachier on May 23, 2002 at 02:00 PM.]

Just send me all your steaks, Ozkar, and I'll have my lab check them out for you. Please note that the process requires raising the temperature of each steak to above 350° for several minutes. I've found that a gas or charcoal grill yields the best results. Unfortunately, the steaks are "consumed" in the testing process, so I will not be able to return them to you. I will, however, be sure to email the results of my findings back to you.

I usually charge $20 per steak for this service; but since you are a new geocacher, I'm willing to give you a discount. How does $250 for a dozen steaks sound? Just don't tell anyone else, or all my current customers (mostly other geocachers) will want the same deal. Send me your email address so we can arrange shipping. icon_wink.gif

Worldtraveler

Just send me all your steaks, Ozkar, and I'll have my lab check them out for you. Please note that the process requires raising the temperature of each steak to above 350° for several minutes. I've found that a gas or charcoal grill yields the best results. Unfortunately, the steaks are "consumed" in the testing process, so I will not be able to return them to you. I will, however, be sure to email the results of my findings back to you.

I usually charge $20 per steak for this service; but since you are a new geocacher, I'm willing to give you a discount. How does $250 for a dozen steaks sound? Just don't tell anyone else, or all my current customers (mostly other geocachers) will want the same deal. Send me your email address so we can arrange shipping. icon_wink.gif

Worldtraveler

On the contrary! Eat more red meat. Red meats have the best proportions of amino acids to give you the energy you need to hunt those difficult caches! Avoid vegitarians, as they tend to bend GPS signals...and legs.

In the GPS model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line...through creeks, thorn bushes, horse piles, whatever....

I think if you look at OzKar's profile, you will see the answer to if he's serious or not. If someone truly loved raccon hunting, NASCAR, and The King, he would probably use a PC to prop up the Nova in front of his single-wide.

Now the stoopit kwestyun is: who is OzKar? I'm not sure if this has the properties of a Choberiba spoof or not.

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

It must be true. Being a hunter myself and knowing many other hunters that use their GPS while hunting it seems that the deer are willing to sacrifice themself for the cause.

P.E.T.A.= People Eating Tasty Animals

I have done extensive research on this in my last 30 years or so, and I am happy to tell you that the true answer is "Yes."

Now, Mr. Lawdeydaw Treehugger and Mrs. Bumthrottle Vegetarian are going to tell you all sorts of fairy tales about how red meat causes all sorts of ills, including GPS "wander" (that is the tendancy of your GPS to give innacurate reading proportional to the inverse square of your absolute distance from the cache.) I have noticed that eating red meat also induces the dread disease: "Farmer's Lung" (the only known cure for which - is death.)

Now, if you're Mr. Commonsense, you won't believe me when I tell you that I've got an envelope here that will wash your car while your driving it home from Geocaching. No siree - this one isn't like the self-sharpening Razorbacks, no overheating like with the tropical Mag 315's.

Wait, I digress... Back to the subject at hand... yes, red meat causes GPS "wander", and also hair loss in men over 50, and has been scientifically linked to impudence in test mice!

I think it also causes ice cream to melt more quickly and I have my suspicions that my wife is secretly slipping bacon into my morning coffee (strange, I don't drink coffee...)

Now, I believe that I have cleared this up, so... Let's EAT! (Ah, the glories of food... - heavy on the thirty-weight, mom! Hot buttered goat clusters...)

--majicman

P.S. Don't flame me, two cows told me so! (Flame them, til golden brown... uhhmmmmmm)

maj-gps.gif

majicman

Oh yeah, I was drooling and forgot to tell you how to compensate for the "red meat" GPS signal bendeng (what we engineer type people who work in the big buildings that your daddy built like to call "difraction".)

GPS Red Meat Diffraction (which subsequently causes GPS wander and sometime the bends) can be counteracted and reduced to insignificance if you will take a standard set of Christmas lights (the ones with the little bulbs) and as you are Geocaching, wrap the lights all around your body and up the arm that you hold the GPS in.

This causes the eminations from the free radicals (and those that are still imprisoned) to be absorbed by the non-electrified field not generated by the unplugged Christmas light string.

Once captured, these nastly little buggers are carted off to teeny tiny dungeons housed within the base of the lights that fairies and pixies put in at the North Pole before they package and ship the Christmas lights.

Here they are incarserated until the next lighting of the string, at which time they are unceremoniously incinerated.

So, if you see Geocachers draped in Christmas Light strings, DON'T LAUGH! (They are probably finding that caches you keep missing...)

--majicman (Red Meat and GPS Wander Expert)

maj-gps.gif

majicman

quote:

...red meat causes GPS "wander", and also hair loss in men over 50, and has been scientifically linked to impudence in test mice!

Impudence? I never knew red meat made mice disrepectful. Learn something new every day icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

P.S. Don't flame me, two cows told me so! (Flame them, til golden brown... uhhmmmmmm)

I prefer mine grilled 'till just the middle is red so that the blood can ooze all over my plate and soak into the smashed 'taters.

Dang, now I want steak for dinner and I already have the fish thawed.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

quote:

...red meat causes GPS "wander", and also hair loss in men over 50, and has been scientifically linked to impudence in test mice!

Impudence? I never knew red meat made mice disrepectful. Learn something new every day icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

I prefer mine grilled 'till just the middle is red so that the blood can ooze all over my plate and soak into the smashed 'taters.

Dang, now I want steak for dinner and I already have the fish thawed.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

I no you are all funnin me. It didnt make no sense to me either. But my friend is is the smartest guy I no and and graduated from collage. An he is no vegiterian either. He hunts with me all the time. But I heard some people cant not wear watches with the numbers in the thing instead of the hands because there body drains the batterys. So I thought this may ge the same as GPS.

quote:
Originally posted by Night Tracker:

I had a friend like that, he was always full...

I'll just assume you haven't read old posts about and by the famous "Anders". He's practically a legend around here, and I'm sure you wouldn't have cast that insult if you'd known. Try doing a search, do a little reading, and come back after you've lightened up a little. icon_rolleyes.gif

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by Night Tracker:

I had a friend like that, he was always full...

I'll just assume you haven't read old posts about and by the famous "Anders". He's practically a legend around here, and I'm sure you wouldn't have cast that insult if you'd known. Try doing a search, do a little reading, and come back after you've lightened up a little. icon_rolleyes.gif

Worldtraveler

ozkar...

i wouldnt worry about the red meat too much but i would be careful with the methane thats trapped in the steaks. consuming too much red meat could cause a vast release of methane which has been known to tarnish the battery contacts on gps units and also void the warranty on hanes brand underwear.

beware of methane.. its foul stuff

if you get confronted by methane just stay upwind and you'll be safe.

urbo

icon_biggrin.gif

ozkar...

i wouldnt worry about the red meat too much but i would be careful with the methane thats trapped in the steaks. consuming too much red meat could cause a vast release of methane which has been known to tarnish the battery contacts on gps units and also void the warranty on hanes brand underwear.

beware of methane.. its foul stuff

if you get confronted by methane just stay upwind and you'll be safe.

urbo

icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Dude,lighten up. I did not refer to your friend Anders. Heck, I didn't even read YOUR post,

i answered to OzKars question and gave him my Ann Landers stlye advise. I'm relatively five months younger than you BTW [:D]

Support PETA: Please Eat Tasty Animals

[This message was edited by Night Tracker on May 24, 2002 at 03:05 PM.]

Hey Dude,lighten up. I did not refer to your friend Anders. Heck, I didn't even read YOUR post,

i answered to OzKars question and gave him my Ann Landers stlye advise. I'm relatively five months younger than you BTW [icon_biggrin.gif]

Support PETA: Please Eat Tasty Animals

[This message was edited by Night Tracker on May 24, 2002 at 03:05 PM.]

I'm sorry, Night Tracker. Since your post followed mine, I wrongly "assumed" your comments about friends was a reply to my reference to Anders. And my comment about being relatively new was not meant as an insult. Thinking your remarks were in reference to Ander's picture, I supposed you probably didn't know him because the discussions about his unusual attire took place several months ago. I apologize for my blunders and unfair accusation. Will you forgive me? icon_confused.gif

Worldtraveler

I'm sorry, Night Tracker. Since your post followed mine, I wrongly "assumed" your comments about friends was a reply to my reference to Anders. And my comment about being relatively new was not meant as an insult. Thinking your remarks were in reference to Ander's picture, I supposed you probably didn't know him because the discussions about his unusual attire took place several months ago. I apologize for my blunders and unfair accusation. Will you forgive me? icon_confused.gif

Worldtraveler

I'm not one to do this kind of thing to anyone here,

although it did make me laugh when I figured out what you meant. I'll address the person i'm responding to from now on. Y'all have a fun and safe holiday. Night Tracker...

[This message was edited by Night Tracker on May 24, 2002 at 03:08 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by kd7mxi:

females are made of piss and vinegar and are vendictive power hungry black widows who will dump you and say you are gay if you don't sleep with them icon_eek.gif

Jeez, Tell us how you really feel.

Can you spell misogynist.

Been having woman troubles lately James?

Oh, and while I'm at it. Not that I really want to read anymore of your insulting drivel, but it is highly rude of you to consistently post messages where 95% of the content is your signature and the other 5% is totally unreadable crap.

Thanks for listening,

icon_rolleyes.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

[This message was edited by unclerojelio on May 28, 2002 at 12:05 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by kd7mxi:

females are made of piss and vinegar and are vendictive power hungry black widows who will dump you and say you are gay if you don't sleep with them icon_eek.gif

Jeez, Tell us how you really feel.

Can you spell misogynist.

Been having woman troubles lately James?

Oh, and while I'm at it. Not that I really want to read anymore of your insulting drivel, but it is highly rude of you to consistently post messages where 95% of the content is your signature and the other 5% is totally unreadable crap.

Thanks for listening,

icon_rolleyes.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

[This message was edited by unclerojelio on May 28, 2002 at 12:05 PM.]