Ammo Cans, Anyone?

haggaeus

We are going to move back to Europe in June and as we will be shipping some stuff, I thought about packing in some ammo cans from cheaperthandirt.com (they are hard to get there). When I was checking cheaperthandirt's policies, I saw they charge you the same shipping regardless of the order size+weight (probably to some limit).

If anybody wants to buy a small number of them (the price based on 6-pack) and pick them up in Garwood, NJ, let me know in this thread or by e-mail (I don't check PM so often).

ok, got a reply - the 6pack weight is 22lbs so I can order 2 mine + 2 extra to avoid the overweight charges.

I suggest that the Long Islanders place their own order and I'll take the cans for Bldebabe and Scoobydoers. You don't need to take the whole sixpack if you don't want to, another cacher was contacting me being interested in 3 cans and I can take eventual leftovers.

We can hook up our own -

Hey Squealy, next time you are up to Nancy's come on over to NY, do a little caching then stop by Spruce mt. surplus and pick them up for $3.50 each including sales tax. That way you pay no shipping and grab a few caches ta boot. Tell him the New York Capital Region geocachers sent you.

If you can wait I'm working on a deal for a whole pallet of 35 cal cans which I plan to have at our fall picnic on September 18,19. I posted the picnic cache a couple days ago and it's still waiting to be approved but you can catch a sneak preview here.

We can hook up our own -

Hey Squealy, next time you are up to Nancy's come on over to NY, do a little caching then stop by Spruce mt. surplus and pick them up for $3.50 each including sales tax. That way you pay no shipping and grab a few caches ta boot. Tell him the New York Capital Region geocachers sent you.

If you can wait I'm working on a deal for a whole pallet of 35 cal cans which I plan to have at our fall picnic on September 18,19. I posted the picnic cache a couple days ago and it's still waiting to be approved but you can catch a sneak preview here.

What he said. While you're at grab a few for me. :D

Thanks Rusty - I actually just got some stuff from them - decons, large decons and a 3qt tub - which is pretty cool.

I will be heading that way in April - so I will definitely plan a day over that way.

Joe, I charge shipping!

Just dump 'em in the woods and give me the coords.