What Is A Traditional Cache?

It seems that a micro cache and a tradictional cache are getting to be more and more distinct. It would be nice from a search and seek page to see these broken out by icon.

Even if Micro and non-micro are both "traditional", it would be nice to view the sub type via an icon.

When planning an excursion I always have to drill down to see whether it is a micro or not.

Just a thought.

I agree...except that there would be NO possible way of dividing out everyone's histories for those that keep track. Personally, I'm not a fan of micros, since I usually prefer the deep in the woods types and I don't like investing an hour-long hike for a DNF. But if I was downtown, looking for a bunch of micros might be worth it.

Some of my caches are "mini" caches. What do we do then? They are in a plastic jar thats about 4 inches long, and the opening is about 2 inches. It would seem like we would need a further distinction then. Where would the line be from Micro and Traditional? It would be cool to know what was what, but it might possibly cause further problems.

I'll second what RK said. Micro is a size. Traditional is a type. Let's not muddy the game by trying to mix the two.

A better way to solve your problem is for Irish to program the nearest list to show size. Why it isn't shown I have no clue as IMHO it's more important that "Placed Date" which has its own column.

Please, let's stop trying to put bandaids on the problems and actually fix it.

If a traditional cache is broken out by size then yes it would be it's own type. Otherwise it's just a size of traditional cache and that's it.

I don't think size is enough of a difference to break out a new cache type over.

What RK said!

A better way to solve your problem is for Irish to program the nearest list to show size. Why it isn't shown I have no clue as IMHO it's more important that "Placed Date" which has its own column.

Please, let's stop trying to put bandaids on the problems and actually fix it.

Isn't that what Pocket Queries are for?

Isn't that what Pocket Queries are for?

Of course, that's the standard answer.

But, I'm thinking he's talking about the nearest list, because if it were about the PQ there is already a way to filter them out.

The answer shouldn't always be "that's what Pocket Queries are for." If so, then what use is the rest of the site? Add remote logging and there would be little reason to visit except to change your queries and waste time on the forums.

Isn't that what Pocket Queries  are for?

Of course, that's the standard answer.

But, I'm thinking he's talking about the nearest list, because if it were about the PQ there is already a way to filter them out.

The answer shouldn't always be "that's what Pocket Queries are for." If so, then what use is the rest of the site? Add remote logging and there would be little reason to visit except to change your queries and waste time on the forums.

Of course it's the standard answer. If you want upgraded features, upgrade your membership. Why should everything be given away on the free part of the site?

The "rest of the site" has everything you need to go geocaching. You don't need to be able to filter by size or type just to go geocaching. Geocaching is free, filtering isn't.