Article In Men's Journal

Butano

Just checked out the April 2004 edition of Men's Journal. There is an article comparing GPS receivers in there. So I took a look to see what was the latest and greatest. To my surprise was the reviewer. Our very own Jeremy Irish! :D Now we all know which one he uses on his treks!

Just checked out the April 2004 edition of Men's Journal. There is an article comparing GPS receivers in there. So I took a look to see what was the latest and greatest. To my surprise was the reviewer. Our very own Jeremy Irish! :D Now we all know which one he uses on his treks!

Which one does our Master Jeremy K. Irish use? I have only red mens jurnal once and that was when they had the article about Lance Armstrong in it. It looks like I might have another one to read.

Here it is online Article

Not sure how much more is in the printed copy.

The online article doesn't contain some of the specifics about the 60C. It also doesn't include the rating for each. Here is how he rated them.

Garmin GPSMap 60C :D:D:):):)

Garmin IQUE 3600 :):):)

Magellan Meridian Color Traveler :):):):D

Lowrance IFinder Pro :D:o;):P (and a budget value)

Cobra 500 :)

Edited by Butano
Here it is online Article

Not sure how much more is in the printed copy.

The online article doesn't contain some of the specifics about the 60C. It also doesn't include the rating for each. Here is how he rated them.

Garmin GPSMap 60C ;)B):P:P:P

Garmin IQUE 3600 B);)B)

Magellan Meridian Color Traveler :P:PB)B)

Lowrance IFinder Pro :smile::smile::smile::smile: (and a budget value)

Cobra 500 :smile:

Jeremy,just out of interest,and without trying to incite the usual debates: your review of the iPaque3600 suggested "not rugged enough for the trail": - was this the only downside to this unit?