Ringbone

Ringbone rocks! Real cash in the cache!

Tre-sure

Now, I like a good walk in the woods as much as anybody. But when there is cash in the cache, the thrill is even better, even if you aren't FTF!

I hope this is the start of a trend. I can't wait until somebody gets Bill Gates to hide a few caches!

Edited by rickrich

I was skunked, but I must say that I enjoyed this cache more than most, if not all my hunts so far-There had only been 1 post, a DNF when I went out, so I almost expected to run into someone else who was after the loot!

I ran short on time, but believe that I most likely walked past it a few times-

D'OH!!!!!

Need a few more hunts under my belt to get my mojo working, or a better eye for the hide.

Very well done, and I look forward to more of these in the future!

Maybe hook up with ringbone, and work on his concept-maybe something

good could come from it? Who knows- The buzz it created around here was amazing. When I started watching it, there were 2-3 others. by 10am today, 12 or more people were watching the page- and several people were out all morning hunting until it was found. Definately something out of the ordinary, to spice things up!

Ringbone, you've inspired me.

Not me.....money or not, I still see the same guy that made such a fool of himself the other day in the forums....it's amazing how a flash of money changes some people's perceptions of others... :D

While he made a fool of himself in that thread, he at learned from it: Hide a cache according to the guidelines of this site and there is no problem with it.

He took his ideas of hiding some neat stuff and made it into a regular cache, rather than a one-time event. Even though the FTF prize is gone, the cache is a still challenge for others to find.

While he made a fool of himself in that thread, he at learned from it: Hide a cache according to the guidelines of this site and there is no problem with it.

He took his ideas of hiding some neat stuff and made it into a regular cache, rather than a one-time event. Even though the FTF prize is gone, the cache is a still challenge for others to find.

And I bet 1/2 the people watching that cache are admins waiting to see if he REALLY learned something or he just archives it now that the FTF prize is gone.

And I bet 1/2 the people watching that cache are admins waiting to see if he REALLY learned something or he just archives it now that the FTF prize is gone.

BINGO!

Hopefully, he leaves it so he doesn't get hammered the next time he tries to hide one.

The next issue is maintenance. Will he?

Yes, he could just add some worthless crap to it, and leave it out there from here forward - then it will be just like many many other caches around-a tupperware full of junk waiting to be found. Thats the rules tho, so....

I am returning to find it even tho the FTF prize is gone. I was out Sunday, and missed it, so I need to find it just to get it off my mind. Maybe Ill bring some McToys, so everyone can relax.

Maybe I should remove it from my watch list tho- since I am not an admin....

Yes, he could just add some worthless crap to it, and leave it out there from here forward - then it will be just like many many other caches around-a tupperware full of junk waiting to be found. Thats the rules tho, so....

I am returning to find it even tho the FTF prize is gone. I was out Sunday, and missed it, so I need to find it just to get it off my mind. Maybe Ill bring some McToys, so everyone can relax.

And yet, you are still looking for it... Even though it's probably full of "worthless crap".

That is why I somewhat disagree with one time caches. I have just as much fun looking for a cache with nothing in it, than one with cool stuff in it. I may go after the FTF prize first, but I will always look for the other ones too.

I wish someone would hide cool (expensive) stuff around here. The hides here are awesome, but I want some loot!

I've heard a rumor that local caching associations have members that sometimes do competitions with cash prizes. Completely off the scope of GC.com you understand. Local geocaching web sites would be the perfect solution to the one time only cache quandry. After all the locals are in the best position for a FTF anyway right?

So ringbone could take a trip to Texas and post clues to his cache on TGA's page. The competition could be quite elaborate with serveral levels of qualification and lots of puzzles to solve.

Just a thought.

While finding these prizes would be fun and exciting I think that adding actual "treasure" to geocaching is a bad idea. I think it would quickly attract the kind of activity that geocaching wants to avoid. I can only imagine how torn up an area can become and how quickly the competition could get out of hand.

While finding these prizes would be fun and exciting I think that adding actual "treasure" to geocaching is a bad idea. I think it would quickly attract the kind of activity that geocaching wants to avoid. I can only imagine how torn up an area can become and how quickly the competition could get out of hand.

Thats why local competitions are good. There could be a qualification round where contestants need to solve a clue. The final round would distribute a set of coordinates to a few or only one cacher.

Not me.....money or not, I still see the same guy that made such a fool of himself the other day in the forums....

Like you've never done that!

Oh Sparky, I think Geospotter got ya! :D

That's absolutely true...I try to make a fool of myself at least once a day, but don't come back and try to buy people's admiration by sucking up to the admins and hiding caches with expensive FTF items in them......I just keep on being myself and making a fool of myself.....and I always will......

but don't come back and try to buy people's admiration by sucking up to the admins and hiding caches with expensive FTF items in them

He started out with the intent of hiding more caches with expensive things in them- He has a history of doing this, long before you could come here and shred him for his reasons why. That was his whole point in that topic - his beliefs "for" 1 time caches.

Sucking up to the admins? How, by doing a hide that conforms to the rules as they now stand?

I think you got today covered :D

but don't come back and try to buy people's admiration by sucking up to the admins and hiding caches with expensive FTF items in them

He started out with the intent of hiding more caches with expensive things in them- He has a history of doing this, long before you could come here and shred him for his reasons why. That was his whole point in that topic - his beliefs "for" 1 time caches.

Sucking up to the admins? How, by doing a hide that conforms to the rules as they now stand?

I think you got today covered :D

Yeah, I guess.......

I think you got today covered :o

Yeah, I guess.......

Once a day? Never be a quitter Sparky! If it is worth doing once a day it is worth doing all day. GO FOR IT! :D:D

Yes, he could just add some worthless crap to it, and leave it out there from here forward - then it will be just like many many other caches around-a tupperware full of junk waiting to be found.  Thats the rules tho, so....

I am returning to find it even tho the FTF prize is gone.  I was out Sunday, and missed it, so I need to find it just to get it off my mind.  Maybe Ill bring some McToys, so everyone can relax.

Maybe I  should remove it from my watch list tho- since I am not an admin....

i could be reading this post wrong, but the 2 things i get from it are:

1. he is not going to leave it out.

Maybe I should remove it from my watch list tho- since I am not an admin....

2. he thinks all the admins. are keeping watch on this guys caches, like they have nothing else to do. sounds like a shot at the admins. to me.

Edited by uperdooper
1. he is not going to leave it out.

I believe he intends to leave it out, as per the rules. (I intend to re-stock a bit when I visit, to be sure it has something to offer.)

#2- BullsEye!

so he starts a cache he doesn't plan on maintaining even for a little while? even you don't sound sure what he intends.

#2. he's paranoid?

Alrighty, so if Subigo or Pilty came back, said they planted a cache full of expensive loot, had their friends sign the log and brag about the loot, you'd welcome them back with open arms? :D Just trying to get a little perspective here. :D

i gotta go with the cat on this one. all those pics reeked of photo op to me. just my opinion.

I am NOT sure what he intends- Why would I have any idea?

I posted what I knew of this cacher in this thread-

If you read along in ringbones topic, Rules rules rules - he explains his position.

(Where I gathered what I posed above) After that thread, he apparently changed his mind a bit and hid this cache which conforms to the rules. Good job say many . . .

Another poster addedbut don't come back and try to buy people's admiration by sucking up to the admins and hiding caches with expensive FTF items in them- In regards to ringbone - not me-

You were then qouting my responses to this other poster, which kind of diluted this into Me somehow knowing what ringbones intends to do. I will Not, in Any Way - claim to speak for Mr ringbone. He can do that himself(herself?).

1) I have no idea what his intentions are; Curious otherwise- email the cache owner-

"hes paranoid" - That would be someone else- as they were the one who brought that up-not Me. I have no idea of his mental status at this time, sorry-:D

This all got started with a poster taking a shot at ringbone, after the topic was started to thank him, etc- I guess thanks goes to those who like to dilute the topic at hand, rip people, act as if somehow superior via fingers & a keyboard :D

edited to unpoint finger at wrong person- oops

Edited by Pto

you said you believed he was going to leave it out. you also plan on maintaining it. that sounds like you have inside info.

you said bullseye on whether he thinks the admins. are watching him. sounds like paranoia to me, and that you know what his opinion of the admins. is. more inside info?

excuse me? Read the thread again.

Read my last post again. Was I NOT clear? I DONT speak for this person, or claim to know anything about thier intentions.

I plan to add items only to keep it stocked- as I personally appreciate this cache being placed- and figured I could help out since I am returning soon. It was the "concern" in the rules thread that a 1 time cache leaves the next person without something to find, boo finwhoo... that prompted me to do this-

Nothing inside about that- just common courtesy, and a lack of respect for other peoples misguided motives.

Also- If you READ the thread, I belive it was Mr Mopar who made the

And I bet 1/2 the people watching that cache are admins waiting to see if he REALLY learned something or he just archives it now that the FTF prize is gone

then you throw in 2. he thinks all the admins. are keeping watch on this guys caches, like they have nothing else to do. sounds like a shot at the admins. to me. MOPAR -

I have never met, emailed, PM, etc- Mr Mopar- Nor ringbone for that matter-

trolling much>

I was out there today, and the cache has the usual assortment of "good" starter dosh in it, that will slowly degrade into golf balls, used McToys, and expired coupons over the next few months.

Personally, I think allowing some "limited time" caches might be a good idea.

-Rick

.then you throw in 2. he thinks all the admins. are keeping watch on this guys caches, like they have nothing else to do. sounds like a shot at the admins. to me. MOPAR -

I have never met, emailed, PM, etc- Mr Mopar- Nor ringbone for that matter-

trolling much>

#2 is my words, no one elses. i haven't had contact with anyone of them either. mopar has nothing to do with my posts and it is unfair to bring him into it now.

you said you "BELIEVED" he was going to leave it out. that sounds like you know something about it. maybe you used the wrong word.

it is unfair to bring him into it now.

Yeah, sure- after youve used his words to concoct some BS against me-

that sounds like you know something about it.\

Sounds to ME like you made a rather large assumption....... a**-umption

time will tell what ringbone plans to do.

Ah, thats seems to have been comm on sense- but you must have been bored, and baited me into this silly exchange-

yeah, drop it, as you seemed to have picked it up and carried it all along-

-troll-

*edited to stop myself from going further

Edited by Pto
i'm dropping this. it's pointless.

Thank goodness! :)

I would suggest that everyone does the same. Take a break as its clearly needed the way things are getting heated up in this thread.

And, please do us all a favor and not refer to Mopar as "Mr. Mopar" :bad::rolleyes:B)