Searching

ZeeWire

quote:
I'm trying to figure out how can I search for caches of a certain Type (virtual, regular..etc..) and/or rating. So far I could only do it by zipcode or location.

Location is everything icon_wink.gif

I do this kind of search all the time when I go to a different city on a business trip. I print out a page using the zip code of my hotel or using the city name as the search focus. I then go down the list and strike out those that don't appeal to me. Virtuals don't appeal to me, so I pass over those. If I can only cache for an hour or two after work the multicaches with a lot of terrain difficulty regretfully are passed over too. I don't like drive by caches, so the 1/1 rated physical caches are scratched off.

Then I go take a closer look at the cache pages of those that are left and select the caches that appeal to me.

Since it's all based on location that's how I do it.

I guess if you were interested in all caches placed near dams or bridges, or whatever, you could do a keyword search. But then you'd get caches all over the country, which isn't of much use.

~erik~

quote:
...so the 1/1 rated physical caches are scratched off.

I thought this at one time, but since so many hiders are clueless about how to rate their caches, I've found some very interesting "1/1's". I've also found 2/2's that amounted to little more than a drive by, so I've learned to disregard the ratings, or at least take them with a grain of salt.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

I thought this at one time, but since so many hiders are clueless about how to rate their caches, I've found some very interesting "1/1's". I've also found 2/2's that amounted to little more than a drive by, so I've learned to disregard the ratings, or at least take them with a grain of salt.

I agree, what one person feels is a 1/1 another may feel it is a 3/3 and so the rating system is really flawed. I never even pay attention to the ratings. I read what others have posted and look for clues as to how difficult (or easy) the cache may really be.