Longest Unfound Cache

I'm with Lazyboy on this one. At least freissinieres appears to be a real cache. A similar thread came up last year with Kougarok listed (it may have been most remote cache?). I doubt the veracity of this one. The hider is a JOKe ener, with a very thin profile.

And I thought Fishingfools and I did well to find Hawk 11 :) last week after it had gone unfound for over a year. There are some even greater challanges out there, :)

Back in the olden days, there wasn't such things as terrain and difficulty. There was only one--difficulty. The cache was (probably) properly rated at the time of its posting.

Kinda like there was no such thing as virtual, multi, or event, so all caches were listed as regular caches.

Jamie

Don't remember who's caches they are, but some guy has two that were hidden, never logged a find, and archived... He quit hiding them in 2001...

Both cases, the container went missing (one there was construction in the area where he hid his thing - as in next to the spot. umm.. durf?)

This one, GCACF, is about 12 miles off the coast of Ensenada, BC, Mexico. The owner kayak'ed 7.5 miles to place it. It was placed on 5-21-01. I might go down this summer for the adventure. I should send an email to the owner to see if he has done any maintenance on it. After 3 years on a small island, it,s likely to be buried under plant growth.

Edit note: I emailed the owner about visiting his cache.

Edited by Chuy

Just found this one, GC8C7, placed on 4-15-01, also in Mexico. However, the owner has never logged onto the website, nor has he validated his membership; this one should be archived. The one I mentioned above logged in Jan 2004, but has not posted a find since 2002.

Edited by Chuy

I have a buddy stationed at Shemya, Alaska (second island from the far end of the Aleutian Island chain) It's a small island where a good day's weather is 38 degrees with a 35 mph wind gusting to 55 mph. Perhaps I should get him to join and hide a cache on the island. Actually that might be difficult because much of the island is still unsafe to walk becuase there's a bunch of unexploded ordinance from World War II all over the place.

He's a civilian contractor, working for Boeing Corporation. They have a contract to run a facility for the US Government there. I can safely say that very few people would be able to log a cache there.