Is Kerry A Cacher?

Tomebug

Cache contents: one soggy cigar and a stained blue dress

(Sorry Bill, still luv ya)

Speaking of Willy. Nothing he(or she), did for eight long years, scared Libya into dismantling their nukes and surrendering them to us.

Nor did he get us ostracized by the rest of the civilized world.

Something about coming to graduate school in 2000 with the idea that there'd be a booming market on the other end rings a bell too...but it's been 4+ years ago since I had that dream...

There are 33 other Countries with us in Iraq. Only 3 opposed us. I'd say we were definitely in the majority.

Something about coming to graduate school in 2000 with the idea that there'd be a booming market on the other end rings a bell too...but it's been 4+ years ago since I had that dream...

Certainly wasn't booming for the eight years of Willy.

... Two things you never discuss in public.  Religion and Politics....

I am actually impressed at how civil (for the most part) this discussion has been considering the topic discussed. There is disagreement here but no name calling yet.

Many other topics have gone down real bad roads quite quickly such as discussions about Caves, Wilderness Areas and Rules .....

But Caves and Wilderness areas are important!

Of course Kerry is a cacher! Not only that he is an approver as well, I mean, look at all the special interest cache hes approved over the years!

Edit: Bad Pun Alert

Edited by Ox
Of course Kerry is a cacher! Not only that he is an approver as well, I mean, look at all the special interest cache hes approved over the years!

Edit: Bad Pun Alert

There's not one person running for political office who doesn't benefit from and is beholden to special interests. That goes for Bush as well as Kerry. Bush got that big war chest of dollars from somewhere. Just pick which special interest you want represented and cast your vote from there.

Bush got that big war chest of dollars from somewhere. Just pick which special interest you want represented and cast your vote from there.

What do special interests have to do with war? Only the majority of Congress can approve war and all the money for it. There were only a few insignificant morons that voted against war.

There are 33 other Countries with us in Iraq. Only 3 opposed us. I'd say we were definitely in the majority.

Certainly wasn't booming for the eight years of Willy.

There are 33 countries helping to clean up our mess (and that means we're counting the 20 Moldovian guys and the 3 this or that guys...etc). There were ONLY 5 countries (250,000 United States troops, with support from approximately 45,000 British, 2,000 Australian and 200 Polish combat forces) that actually went into battle and even within those countries, the popular votes were to not get involved, but the governments were promised all sorts of sweetheart deals by the US. The "coalition" ignored a very substantial part of themselves and the world. The 3 countries that you quote (assuming they are China, France, and Russia) we're only important to quote now because they are the voting/vetoing members of the UN Security Council. The following countries were also against the war at the time of invasion: Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, the Arab League, the African Union...and more.

Suddenly, we're not so justifiably in "a majority"...again, especially not at the time of invasion, which is the important point. Of course other countries will come out of the woodwork after the fighting is completed and send 20 guys to stake out a palace where lower level coalition events are helping to form the new government in Iraq....or send a team of 30 doctors to help rebuild Iraq's healthcare system...sure, add them to the coalition *now*...but we were in opposition to a very large worldwide faction of people who did not see the justification for immediacy as GWB and Tony Blair did.

And I am unsure what marketwatch you were following but the market was up and up and up through the Clinton era. As soon as GWB took office....

_ixic.gif