Paperless Caching Faq

I recently upgraded from a palm to a pocket PC, and so I am revisiting the issue of paperless caching.

The same questions seem to come up over and over.

Can we create a FAQ covering what's out there and how to use it and pin it to the top of this forum?

Even after using the search feature I'm still not sure if there are programs that will map the caches on your palm--or if they all just display the cache pages info.

Each program has it's own site, but it would be nice to have a clearly articulated, centralized location for the info.

Is this a good idea?

GeoWorms...

I recently upgraded from a palm to a pocket PC

Cool! Try GpxSonar.

Can we create a FAQ covering what's out there

Some people already have compiled this information. You just need to dig deeper if you have not found it using the search feature of the forums.

As to pinning such a FAQ at the top of this forum, yup, that's the right thing to do.

Regards,

Fabien.

Step 1-become a premium member.

Step 2-install GPXView on you Pocket PC

Step 3-install pocket streets and trips on your Pocket PC.

After you create a custom query you can download the information to you Pocket PC. You also need to download the appropriate maps to your Pocket PC.

You can export the information from GPXview into Pocket Streets and Trips. This will show up as flags on your maps where each cache is located. When you click on the flag it will show the waypoint. You can then jump over to GPXview and read about the cache you are looking for including the last 5 logs. It really makes caching a lot easier. :)

I recently upgraded from a palm to a pocket PC, and so I am revisiting the issue of paperless caching.

Can we create a FAQ covering what's out there and how to use it and pin it to the top of this forum?

The problem with producing a FAQ is that there is such a range of opinions out there that it is hard to get consensus on what the answers to the questions are.

For instance, there are many of us that would consider moving from Palm to Pocket PC a downgrade, not an upgrade. :)

JeremyA

The problem with producing a FAQ is that there is such a range of opinions out there that it is hard to get consensus on what the answers to the questions are.

For instance, there are many of us that would consider moving from Palm to Pocket PC a downgrade, not an upgrade. :)

JeremyA

Just about the same thing I was going to say. There are so many apps out there and so many opinions that you will never get a FAQ to explain it. Best thing is to pick a couple/few and try them for yourself. If you find one you like then look for more posts and threads about it to learn more. As for me, well my tag line says it all....... :)