My First Cache, Are These Contents Cool Enough?

Im setting up my first cache, I think what i have in the cache is really cool. I really like to find camping supplies, outdoor tools in caches my self. So in my cache i have:

Notebook with pencil and sharpener

2 hot hands (hand warmers)

emergancy 'space' blanket

new nickle plated whistle with lanyard

green glow stick

6' fishing stringer

fishing license holder (or for other ID) with card on how to tie a fishing knot.

A couple extra zip lock nags

sound good? I didnt spend more then $7 and i personally think its a killer cache <_< lol.

aj

Edited by rc_racer_007

Sounds like an average cache. Although I have not put out a cache on my own, I have helped and we always put in a First Time Finder prize (FTF). This is a prize worth at least $5-$10. It kind of makes it exciteing for the people to try and hurry up and find the cache. Keep up the good work and place a few more out there for us fellow cachers to enjoy.

i think i have a new disposable camera im wanting to put in it (to stay with the cache). right now im kinda strapped for cash also so a finders prize is outta the question, gotta pay for taxes, license, and payment on my new jet ski (which i could use to place more caches <_< )

I wanted to in usfull things in my cache, i dont like taking something from another cache that isnt of comperable value/usefullness. What other items like what i got in my cache (outdoors type) would you recommend for my future caches?

aj

Edited by rc_racer_007

Sounds good to me. I have put a lot of glow sticks and Hot Hands in my caches and they are usually taken right away. Hot hands might not be quite so popular now that warmer weather is approaching though.

I've never had a first finders prize until I put my last cache out, and I decided to put a first finders prize in it. I didn't know what to put as a FF prize since I had no idea about the type of geocacher that would find it. I finally decided on three new Kansas lottery scratch tickets for the first finder. Maybe that's cheap since it was only three dollars, but maybe the finder will win something. I think just about anybody would enjoy scratching lottery tickets, but maybe not.

On the hot hands, i did think about summer approaching, but... it has been quit warm this week, in the 70s. but this week is supppose to go back down in temp. A lot of people like to find them during the first day of a cache being listed so they could still prove to be usefull. Or, they could leave em till next winter or take one and save it in their back packs till they need it.

didnt think of any one taking the pencil sharpener, they must not have a large brain if they do...

After finding a couple of caches with worn out pencils (it's OK, I carry an indelible pen) I decided that the small cheap 1st grade sharpener was a good idea.

I bought several and placed one in my first cache. I'll place others as I see a need.

Never thought someone would "steal' them !!!

Those things are expensive (over $1) and are not as simple as when I was a kid. They either have two different size holes or special covers to prevent the shavings from dropping.

Looks good to me. You might throw in a couple of little toys in case kids visit the cache.

With the pencil sharpener thing, I am always amazed that people take the sharpener! I put several disposible mechanical pencils in my caches figuring that would take care of the problem.