I Just Found $50 In A Geocache!

So let's see... you hide a cache with the following rules:

The cache contains a tiny log book and it is (almost) 2-dimensional (i.e., flat), being about 2"x2". You MUST leave something worth AT LEAST $25.00 (cash or other item) or, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS CACHE. NOTE: NO travel bugs will fit into this cache.

Then when someone does leave something in it, you go and log your own cache as a find, and take the items. Why didn't I think of that? <_< Nevermind, I know why. Besides logging your own hides as finds, I see you also logged a different cache as two finds, several days apart. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself. :mad:

So you hid it and logged a find on it twice?

OK.

AND go hit as soon as someone leaves something in it and take it?

PSSST: Over here! Friendly hint; you're supposed to go looking for OTHER PEOPLE'S CACHES, not your own.

Let's not be so hard on the guy, he's a newbie. He made a newbie mistake by logging a find rather than posting a note. He also took something out of his own cache...I'm sure he's the first to ever do that. <_<

Lets educate him rather that ridicule him.

El Diablo

He didn't take just "something" out of his cache. He took 50 bucks worth of crap! That's a chunk. He made a members only cache, and told people only to put expensive stuff in it, then he goes and takes it. Unless he just doesn't undertand the rules, what he's doing is not cool, in most people's opinions. The cache goodies arent for you!

I found $50 cash in it! Well, not actually cash, but restaurant gift certificates, totalling $50. I am using the one for the restaurant in Rosemary Beach tomorrow night; I have made a date with a woman in my church!

Like DustyJacket says...read the FTF. The certificate was left for him.

El Diablo

Awwww, only one gift certificate was for the cache owner. The other one was meant to be left for someone else. That's kind of a rip off that the owner took BOTH certificates. Ah well, I think the hider should put one certificate back in the cache.

And as far as finds, you should be logging only notes on your own cache page. I've never logged any of my hides as "finds". I thought that was just the way it worked. <_<

Awwww, only one gift certificate was for the cache owner. The other one was meant to be left for someone else. That's kind of a rip off that the owner took BOTH certificates. Ah well, I think the hider should put one certificate back in the cache.

And as far as finds, you should be logging only notes on your own cache page. I've never logged any of my hides as "finds". I thought that was just the way it worked. <_<

What she said.

Yeah, I kind of got that out of his statement too. I couldnt tell for sure though, if he actually took both of them. So I didn't want to call him a theiving bastard. <_<

Actually in reading the log, it appears he only took one certificate, and yes, it was meant for him. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea from my post. The original post at the start of the thread makes it sound like he took $50.00 from the cache, when in fact he did not.

I don't know. It kinda sounds like he took them both.

I found $50 cash in it! Well, not actually cash, but restaurant gift certificates, totalling $50. I am using the one for the restaurant in Rosemary Beach tomorrow night; I have made a date with a woman in my church!

He says he found 50 bucks, and he's using the one for the restaurant tommorow night, as if he had a choice of which one to use.

Also, in the generous person's log, it wasnt written to clearly as who should take what:

Took: FTF "GOLDEN PRIZE"

Left: Two $25.00 Gift Certificates

Marlin Grill in Baytowne Wharf (Sandestin)

(expires October 2004)

and for the Cache Hider

SUMMER KITCHEN / BLUE by NIGHT (Rosemary Beach)

(expires March 7,2004 & I had no time to use this trip

Hmmm.... Maybe he will tell us?

Edited by SBPhishy
Actually in reading the log, it appears he only took one certificate, and yes, it was meant for him. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea from my post. The original post at the start of the thread makes it sound like he took $50.00 from the cache, when in fact he did not.

Yes one was meant for him. From his log, it appeared that he took both....at least that's the way I read it. If you only took one, then hey, that's great because it was meant for you. If you took both, I think you should put one back.

Gold Digger's log said:

Left: Two $25.00 Gift Certificates

Marlin Grill in Baytowne Wharf (Sandestin)

(expires October 2004)

and for the Cache Hider

SUMMER KITCHEN / BLUE by NIGHT (Rosemary Beach)

(expires March 7,2004 & I had no time to use this trip

But from Pirate's log it looked to me like he took both. I apologize if this was not the case! <_<

I dunno, the topic sure makes it sound like he kept both. Also the fact that the cache needed to be restocked after he took it/them. Don't get me wrong, sounds like he "traded" for it, so it's not like he cleaned the cache out. Just logging finds every time you check your cache is pretty lame, and trading good stuff out of your cache is too.

<_< March 3 by Pirate_Treasure_Hunter (24 found)

I went to the cache to see why it was not found; and I couldn't find it at first...and then, I did find it...and strangely enough it had long pieces of paper stuck in it. I found $50 cash in it! Well, not actually cash, but restaurant gift certificates, totalling $50. I am using the one for the restaurant in Rosemary Beach tomorrow night; I have made a date with a woman in my church! Thank you so much for your warm hospitality and your overwhelming generousity! I had to remove the cache for about 20-30 minutes yesterday; I restocked it and so the next person that finds it will have a very nice find. But, please, let's be fair: and bring something to put INTO the cache of real value (I'd say about $40-$50). I am GLAD that I made this a members only/premium geocache; because the man that found it ("golddigger") was VERY HONEST and VERY GENEROUS...this really makes geocaching worthwhile! Thank you so much, golddigger!!!!!!

PS: This is the men's room; the other building is the women's.

:D:P:D:D:o I NEVER said I took both of them!!! There has been AT LEAST one other person in the cache; I'm not making this up!!! Look for yourselves. And, no, I have not used the second one. If Golddigger IS a woman, I think you've got guts, toots, going into the men's room to retrieve this one!!! And, no, some other lucky geocacher will get the Destin Grill rest.certif...... ;):):):):):) And yes, I am very generous...I've left out a couple hundred dollars in cash and other items in geocaches. Does this make me cheap????? Let's not accuse harshly or call names in here...it could make a newcomer really feel.....LOOK AT THE GREEN FACE EMOTICON ABOVE..... Calling Christians "hypocrites" is totally uncalled for. Oh yes, I "traded up" rather nicely with something that cost me about $20-30 CDN and also put in U.S. and Bahamian paper money. Read the log for yourselves. Now, don't you people feel ashamed of yourselves????? Edited by Pirate_Treasure_Hunter
Now, don't you people feel ashamed of yourselves?????

Nope, not a bit.

You're bragging about being in a position to leave money in a cache in forum that has a bunch of unemployed geocachers. So how about you? Do you feel ashamed of yourself?

Calling Christians "hypocrites" is totally uncalled for

Jesus would have traded up. But he wouldn't have bragged about it. He wasn't that kind of guy.

Edited by bons

Well I feel kind of bad for bringing this up, although for the record you can see in a later post that I mentioned that I did not think you took both certificates. It was the title of the post was kind of misleading, it made it sound like you did. That's when I decided to look further and found that you were logging your own hide as a find, and logged two finds on another cache. I just thought it was strange, but I guess I never took in to consideration that you were relatively new to the game and perhaps you are just having fun in your own way. Sorry I brought it up, no hard feelings ok?

Just in case any of you really care, I WAS THE ONE WHO TOOK THE 2ND RESTAURANT GIFT CERTIFICATE OUT WHILE VISITING DAD IN N.W. FLORIDA!!!!! :D:D:o:P:)

That's great! Congrats!

From Pirate's log, it looked to me like he took both of them. And if you read my previous post I said, "I apologize if this was not the case".

So that's cool, enjoy your free dinner! ;)