Sussex Cachers Meeting Idea

Yup, will be there as long as "Real Life" doesn't get in the way.

Was really thinking of something further east, I think of the Chi event as a Hampshire/West Sussex event.

Was really suggesting something less organised and at least semi-regular since there seems to be quite a few local cachers in Sussex now.

FF

Ok, seems like there is some interest.

I think the first step is perhaps to get a group of us together for a chat and see if we want to organise something more formal.

How about a weekday evening at a pub? A Thursday perhaps, (looks at calendar) :D How about April 1st?

Any suggestions for a venue.

FF

Why not have it at the pub at DevilsCAM then anyone who aint done the webcam cache there can do it.

Also as there are two webcams there, I assume the cacher lives there...........

.............and can obviously put on a good time for us :-)

1st April is fine with me.

WoodSmoke

Edited by Wood Smoke
My wife and I would be interested in a meeting. We've just discovered geocaching and would welcome the opportunity to meet some experienced cachers.

We're in Billingshurst, so practically anywhere in the county is fine.

- Neil.

Yeh! Someone in Billingshurst! Excellent, maybe that part of the country will stop being a cache dessert before long.

Welcome along!

Yeh! Someone in Billingshurst! Excellent, maybe that part of the country will stop being a cache dessert before long.

Welcome along!

We a very new to this, currently building up knowledge. It will be quite sometime before we would be anywhere near thinking about putting a cache together.

But it's nice to know there are like minded souls near by though.

- Neil.

Current thought is to go with Woodsmokes suggestion of the pub at Devils Dyke. I'm just waiting for confirmation from the landlord that he has no objections to a sudden influx of Geocachers.

A bunch of drink buying persons turning up on a Thursday night.... I would hope he would be overjoyed. :-)

Neil.

OK, I've heard from the pub and they are agreeable to us meeting there! :rolleyes:

The pub is at N 50° 53.100 W 000° 12.717 It is the location of the "DevilsCAM" webcam cache (GCHQWR).

I'll try to remember to bring my laptop so that people who want to can do the cache.

See as many as possible there on April 1st from about 7:30pm or 8pm.

Note to Woodsmoke, I didn't make it an event cache because you have to have organised caching activity planned and organised I'm not at the moment!

If this meeting sparks enough interest then maybe we can make this a (semi) regular meeting and have an organised event in the summer.

FF

Looking Forward to it, Mrs Volvoman may join me also, but she's not decided yet.

Although, I did have a thought, what if there's a large crowd of some other kind of people there too? Everybody know the Geocaching sign? I'll have to memorize FF's cache photos page for clues.

Looking Forward to it, Mrs Volvoman may join me also, but she's not decided yet.

Although, I did have a thought, what if there's a large crowd of some other kind of people there too? Everybody know the Geocaching sign? I'll have to memorize FF's cache photos page for clues.

Don't worry, you'll spot us! In fact the only time I got a group of non geocachers mixed up with a group of the real thing was when I visited the Heathrow visitor centre with my two small children and thought the plane spotters looked really sad types - until my husband pointed out that they look just like us (although there were no women involved!) :D

Don't worry, you'll spot us! In fact the only time I got a group of non geocachers mixed up with a group of the real thing was when I visited the Heathrow visitor centre with my two small children and thought the plane spotters looked really sad types - until my husband pointed out that they look just like us (although there were no women involved!) :lol:

Besides there are a few of who will be there that know each other :-)

We will prob make enough noise :-)

WoodSmoke