Would You Buy One?

Ironman didn't hear the advertisement on T.V the other night. But it aired only once. I would say it was a gimmick to get all the geocachers to come in and buy Rangers. :mad:

We have a 97 F-150 anyway. I know if the free GPS came with the F-150, I think Ironman would be there. Then I get the old truck to drive around in. That's the way it works in our family. <_<

Edited by IronMaiden
We have a 97 F-150 anyway. I know if the free GPS came with the F-150, I think Ironman would be there. Then I get the old truck to drive around in. That's the way it works in our family. :mad:

Geez, only thing worse than a Ford, A USED FORD !

sorry Maiden, you were such a good sport last time I teased you about your ford, I couldn't resist. My wife bought her brothers 98 taurus to "help him out" financially. It has been nothig but trouble. Course, the same is true of her brother. <_<

The upside: I warned her if she bought it, I was going to get a Wrangler. Amazingly, she agreed, and now I have my dream car, she admits I was right about the fords, and she is looking to get a Cherokee.

As the Jeep owner saying goes, "Life is Good"

P.S. Thanks for being such a good sport Iron Maiden. Happy caching.

Not me, I already have a 2002 Nissan Frontier , a Magellan Meridian Gold in the truck and a Magellan Sport track color for my pocket. the Nissan even had room for two ham radios. :mad:

Now if it was a Ford F-150 with a built in magellan GPS and if it had room for my Two Ham radios then maybe it wouldbe worth looking at. But a ranger <_<

Sounds like a new poll in the making

- Ford

- Chevy

- Dodge

- Toyota

- Nissan

- Jeep

- Yellow Jeep

and

- Magellan

- Garmin

EDIT: added Nissan and Toyota  <_<

It's definitely not a new poll. :mad:

I figured as much. Could not locate but did not want to start again for the reason it is already there somewhere.

A Seattle car dealership  said they would give away a free Garmin V gpsr with the purchase of a Ranger pickup truck. Would you buy a truck to get a free gps?

Oh great..... NOW they do it, after I already purchased my new Ford Ranger and Garmin V separatly :D

I like Fords and even I wouldn't go for that deal. What would people think if they saw a red blooded Geocacher driving around with a Garmin V?

They would say, now there goes a guy that will actually FIND what he's looking for. :)

Might as well vote democrat.

Not a chance in H... :)

Edited by Right Wing Wacko

I already got a FORD and will challenge anyone to a 4-Wheel Geocaching exploration.

It is a Monster,4X4,High Pefromance ,1977,FireFighting Rescue truck ordered right from the Factory.

It is a 3/4 ton on a 1 Ton frame,410 CID,10-1 High performance pistions a high lift cam,possitive track front and rear..........................deep lug,studded tires.

It will climb almost strait up.

anybody ready to go Caching 4X4 style?????

Oh by the way I have a chevy too,and a dodge,and another ford or 2.

It is the Geocaching vehicle you get and not in the name.

I have had lemons in every category.

I like Fords and even I wouldn't go for that deal.  What would people think if they saw a red blooded Geocacher driving around with a Garmin V?  Might as well vote democrat. :D

:D I have a Ford F150 and a Garmin V. They both work very well for me. Democrats do not work well for me. :D

Good thing some of you aren't Politicians. I would have to find a new activity. :):)

Ok lets get most of them out of the way...

Flip Over, Read Directions

Fudge the Oil, Run 'er Dry

Ford Owners Rcomend Dodge

Ah Dodge

Don't Over Drive Grinds Easily

Mopar

Many Original Parts Always Replaced

GMC

Good Mechanics Cry

Jeep

Just Enough Extra Parts

Just Empty Every Pocket

I'm sure I've missed a few... :D

First, I wouldn't buy a mini-truck no matter what nametag was on the front. By the way, for anyone shopping for a mini-truck, Dodge has the only American one with a decent engine - IF you can keep it running. The new Toyota V8 trucks are nice, but expensive.

Second, I wouldn't buy new. The kinds of vehicles I can afford brand new, I wouldn't want (like a mini-truck).

Third, our '94 F150 (XLT, 4x4, 5-speed, supercab) runs great and has 140,000 miles. At this elevation, with the steep hills, and the higher speed limits out here, the 302 engine is a little under-powered though.

I spend a lot of time around the oilfields, gasfields, and contruction sites. It seems the trucks are almost exclusively Ford and Chevy - lately seen a Dodge or two. When you compare horsepower, torque, pulling capacity, cargo space, and interior cab space, imports simply can't compete. Even the new Toyota V8 models simply aren't capable of real work, like the F250 or F350.

* The only ~truely~ bad car purchase I ever made was a Dodge truck. Out of the nine months I kept it, it was in the shop 55 days! And only 40,000 miles. It had more miles behind a towtruck than under it's own power.

Happy truck shopping!

-Bob

On the Ford / Jeep thing...

I have a Ford that I've had since it was brand new in 1997. I also have a '98 Jeep that I've had since last August. The Jeep's had more problems in the seven months I've owned it than the Ford has had in the seven years I've owned it. In fact, the only two unexpected repairs I've had to do to the Ford were replacing the upstream O2 sensor and the lower radiator hose, the latter of which I think I might have caused by taking my sedan off-road (that trip is why I bought the Jeep :rolleyes: ).

For the anti-Ford people...

In addition to the above, I'll add that I have a friend who owns a carpet business. He's got an F-350 Super Duty dually that he hauls carpet around in. It's almost always got two or three rolls of carpet in the back (that sutff is HEAVY) and he drives it everywhere. I'm very impressed with how well that truck has held up through all the abuse he gives it.

Finally...

I was much more of a Chevy person before I bought my Ford in '97. After having it for seven years now (the first three of which it was driven really hard), I can say that I'm sold on Ford. When I'm ready to replace it, you can bet that I'll be looking at Fords first.