Clayjar Chat Room

Jamie Z

i've NEVER been able to log onto the clayjar chat. i just get this big blank screen, and i'm all alone, having an existential crisis.

You *do* have Java installed and working, eh? Way back when Microsoft didn't install a JVM with XP, people had issues because of that. If you have a JVM installed and you don't have anything blocking Java applets, you should be getting it... unless you're on a Mac, in which case I have no idea if it'll work...

I couldn't log on last night through java on either my mac or laptop. So I used the laptop and an irc client for the first time. As anyone who was in there now knows, I can't type on a laptop, kept hitting the caps lock key and many of my lines looked something like this: "I caNM'T TYpee on A LAPtop (darn caps lock)!" <_<

Anyway, I just checked and the java seems to be working OK now.

If you have a JVM installed and you don't have anything blocking Java applets, you should be getting it... unless you're on a Mac, in which case I have no idea if it'll work...

It works on a mac as long as you open the correct firewall port, 6667 i beleive is all. on mac osx i beleive jvm is installed by default

If you have a JVM installed and you don't have anything blocking Java applets, you should be getting it... unless you're on a Mac, in which case I have no idea if it'll work...

It works on a mac as long as you open the correct firewall port, 6667 i beleive is all. on mac osx i beleive jvm is installed by default

Get yourself X-Chat Aqua if you're running OSX.

Get yourself X-Chat Aqua if you're running OSX.

I couldn't get any irc clients to work in OSX. I have ident issues when I try to sign on. The program that is supposed to fix that did not seem to work either. Java is good enough for me though.