Paging Gpxsonar Users And/or Fabian

Today, my darlin and I headed out of town for a day of caching. We get to the first one (via Mapopolis) and open up GPXSonar to read the page, only to find a blank GPXSonar screen. Anyone else seen this?

I tried everything to get it to work without much success. The only thing that saved us today was the import my cache feature. Using that feature, we were able to see a list and "Preview" the cache page.

I tried a soft reset, followed by an open of GPXSonar. It asks to choose a file, and I select one off my SD card. It takes a bit to process it, the scroll bar reacts as though the list is fully populated, however the screen is completely blank! Tapping and holding brings up the expected window, but selecting cache details does nothing.

Thoughts?

159056_1600.jpg

159056_1700.jpg

Hi there Rosco. Are you saying there is a newer ver of GPXSonar? I visited Fabian's website, and it would seem v1.1 is the latest. Perhaps it is a release version and no longer a beta? Also, is there a release notes area or readme somewhere? I'd be fun to read about its evolution.

CacheCreatures...

open up GPXSonar to read the page, only to find a blank GPXSonar screen. Anyone else seen this?

Yes, I've had a few reports of this problem and there's an easy fix for it.

There's no need to Hard/Soft reset your PDA to get out of this situation.

The problem is caused by the columns in the grid being all 'collapsed' to the left of the screen, down to nothing. To fix the problem, you just need to carefully expand the width of the columns by dragging them back to their normal size. In v1.2, I'll add a way to recover from this easily.

At this point, it seems that this problem occurs because of a 'user error' of some kind involving 'rubbing' (?) of the touch screen of the PDA.

I should add that I'm running on a Dell Axim x5, PPC2003 with GPXSonar v1.1 Beta

The latest current version is v1.1 R(elease). You should run that one instead.

Also, is there a release notes area or readme somewhere? I'd be fun to read about its evolution.

Actually, there is: File->Help in GpxSonar lists the historical changes in the app (unless you've replaced the default help with the online help).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Fabien.