Getting Ready To Launch My First Tb

Fritz_Monroe

Don't show the TB number if you take a photo of it for it's web page. Some jerks like to find numbers on pictures and log them just to throw the mileage off.

Some people prefer that their bugs travel in a plastic baggy if they could be damaged.

Some people like to attach small goal sheets to their bugs. If you need one, email me and I will send you mine in word format so you can edit it as you wish.

Thanks for the offer. I made up a goal sheet using shrinky dinks. Ended up a little bigger than the TB tag, but not much.

I read over Snoogan's longevity thread again. I printed off a pasport for my bug. I didn't think about people not knowing what to do with it. I'm probably not going to leave the part where people can sign off on it. I will laminate this pasport.

Any other suggestions? I took pictures, but I'm having trouble focusing the digital camer for macro shots. I'll have to play around with that.

As for the bag, I probably won't be doing that. The bug is a Hot Wheels car. Should stand up to the elements.

F_M

I took pictures, but I'm having trouble focusing the digital camer for macro shots. I'll have to play around with that.

If your camera has high enough resolution/zoom, you could take a picture from "far away" and then crop it. As long as you don't enlarge the picture after that, then it may be okay.

Yes, instruction tags are useful for the logging process and the goal if it's simple and fixed. People don't always read them, some people don't need them.

Thanks for the offer. I made up a goal sheet using shrinky dinks. Ended up a little bigger than the TB tag, but not much.

I read over Snoogan's longevity thread again. I printed off a pasport for my bug. I didn't think about people not knowing what to do with it. I'm probably not going to leave the part where people can sign off on it. I will laminate this pasport.

Any other suggestions? I took pictures, but I'm having trouble focusing the digital camer for macro shots. I'll have to play around with that.

As for the bag, I probably won't be doing that. The bug is a Hot Wheels car. Should stand up to the elements.

F_M

I little bit of advive.... Shrinky Dinks CAN break. I had one recently sent to me in the mail, it it ended up cracking in half. Yes, I know it was the mail, but with the outdoors it can get cracked getting crammed into a cache, or very brittle in the winter. Keep this in mind!!

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to attach a passport to it. On the passport, I'm also going to put the goals. If the bug does well, I will change the goal to bring it home again. Hopefully I can get this far.

FYI, the bug is a VW Beetle Hot Wheels car. The goal is to have it's picture taken with other VW Bugs. Name is Punch Buggy Yellow.

F_M