Get That Bug Out Of My Cache!

kayakanimal

I am sure this has been asked but I searched and didn't see it.

My cache was taken. It had a bug in it. I have now replaced the cache. I have emailed the bug owner 3 times asking him to remove the bug from the cache...

-- Copy of email sent to Bountyhunters --

Hello,

I am Kayakanimal. I own the Lake Wales First Traditional Cache. It got taken. I have been trying to find it but with no luck. It had your travel bug MR. POTATOEHEAD in it. I am very sorry for your loss. You might consider moving it to the Travel Bug Graveyard.

Again...I am very sorry.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...32-94e7818cbaa8

How can I get this removed?

Kayakanimal

I am sure this has been asked but I searched and didn't see it.

My cache was taken. It had a bug in it. I have now replaced the cache. I have emailed the bug owner 3 times asking him to remove the bug from the cache...

-- Copy of email sent to Bountyhunters --

Hello,

I am Kayakanimal. I own the Lake Wales First Traditional Cache. It got taken. I have been trying to find it but with no luck. It had your travel bug MR. POTATOEHEAD in it. I am very sorry for your loss. You might consider moving it to the Travel Bug Graveyard.

Again...I am very sorry.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...32-94e7818cbaa8

How can I get this removed?

Kayakanimal

I feel your pain. Ted Bear has been sitting, or rather, his link has been sitting in my cache for almost 11 months now. Repeated emails to the owner have thus far proven fruitless.

The only thing I could possibly suggest would be to put some kind of disclaimer on your cache page telling everyone that the bug isn't in the cache anymore. I did that on my Hotel Devore cache and haven't noticed any posts/logs stating that they didn't find Ted Bear.

I went searching on my cache page for a way to drop Ted Bear off somewhere else, but wasn't able to find it. I, for one, will be glad when that feature is implemented, but I can see where mis-use of it could possibly be the sticking point as to why it hasn't been implemented yet.

Ted Bear, CNE, MCSE has checked out of the Hotel Devore.

I feel your pain. Ted Bear has been sitting, or rather, his link has been sitting in my cache for almost 11 months now. Repeated emails to the owner have thus far proven fruitless.

The only thing I could possibly suggest would be to put some kind of disclaimer on your cache page telling everyone that the bug isn't in the cache anymore. I did that on my Hotel Devore cache and haven't noticed any posts/logs stating that they didn't find Ted Bear.

I went searching on my cache page for a way to drop Ted Bear off somewhere else, but wasn't able to find it. I, for one, will be glad when that feature is implemented, but I can see where mis-use of it could possibly be the sticking point as to why it hasn't been implemented yet.

I didn't check to see how many cachers handled the missing travel bug prior to its disappearance, but it is possible that one of the previous holders still has the travel bug number if you choose to try sending out a few requests.

I know quite a few of the frequent cachers in this area can tell you the travel bug numbers of every bug that they have come across.

I have all of my past travel bug numbers recorded, and more than once I've needed the numbers again to post a note weeks later when a favorite bug has come up missing.