Deleting A Photo In Someone Elses Log

wildlifeguy

I have a travel bug that someone has picked up. They have taken a photo of it with the tag numbers showing. I have asked them to remove the photo, politely of course, but see as that they are newbies they have sent me an email telling me that it is already done when it is not. How do I delete the offending photo, as I know posting the numbers is, without deleting this whole persons log. Am I just kinda screwed on this and have to accept the fact that the numbers for this bug are now public?

ANy and all help those of you on this board can give will be greatly appreciated.

Peace!

If it is on the travelers page....you as the owner can delete the log with photo. Unfortunately that is the ONLY way I know of to delete the offending photo. If it is on the cache page, you will have to contact the cache owner to do that for you.

Now, after that is done, you will have to "grab" the bug from the last finder and re-place it into the cache. Then instruct the last finder to retrieve the bug again, so the history is kept intact. They may also be able to re-log their find at the cache. Another scenario is that you let them grab the bug from the cache.....but they might just mess that up....so, do all the logging and adjusting yourself....when its all done, let them know its "safe" to "re-grab" and then, "drop" the bug into the next cache as normal.

I know, it seems like a lot of work, but if you want the history to be correct, its the best way.