Failure To Log Tb's

JohnnyDingo

I would like to share my frustration, after looking for 3 caches today - all were suppose to have TB/GC inside, yet when we arrived each one was missing from the cache. The annoying thing about this is that no one had mentioned in their log whether they had pick it up. One of the logs was signed for yesterday yet was not placed in the site. I was soooo annoyed by this and just needed to share my thoughts!!!!

I'm so glad that everyone else is as annoyed about this topic as I am! Over the past few weeks 100% of the caches we have visited have been empty of geocoins/travel bugs. I even check a few days later to see if they've turned up elsewhere but they don't. People obviously know what they are otherwise they wouldn't take them- why is it so difficult for them to log it properly? I've even emailed Groundspeak about this but they are unable to do much as it is only one very small aspect of the game. Argh! So disappointing for the owners of the TB/coin too [:(]

I can certainly understand the frustration suffered by many as far as TBs go. My family has only been geocaching since April, so we are still kinda newbies I guess, but we really do enjoy it. So in May (about a month into our geocaching) we attending the ASP Geobash event in Allegany State Park. We each decided to enter a travel bug in their annual travel bug race. Now keep in mind that my kids are 9 and 12. The TBs my son (12) and I entered were logged promptly following the event and began to move soon after. My daughter's (9) still showed being at the event. The person who took it never logged that they grabbed it. As time passed, I got to where I tried not to mention my son's TB's progress in front of my daughter as it was bound to bring up the inevitable "Where is mine now?" question. It was a sore subject for some time. As of the date that I write this, there are still 23 trackables that show being at the event. It has now been other 2 months. Thank goodness whoever grabbed my daughter's FINALLY logged that they took it, but haven't dropped it off yet. At least I consider this progress because at least I have someone I can e-mail now if it continues to remain unmoved. I have elected not to attach our TBs to anything expensive or of great emotional value so far. This way, if they go missing, it isn't a huge loss. But I am well aware that many of the geocoins especially, people have custom made and can be expensive to purchase and if it is the only one of its kind that you have, it can be disheartening for it to go missing. While we were at the ASP Geobash, I had the good fortune of meeting a vendor that makes affordable geocoin replicas to send out in lieu of the original geocoin. They will make it with the same trachable code and everything. If your proxy goes missing, they will make you a new one and can even put it in a cache for you to get it back on the road. They are super nice folks and even gave us a free proxy coin for our ASP Geobash collectible coin we purchased at the event. If their services can be of use to you, their website is http://www.shop.gxproxy.com/main.sc But, just for the record, not all newbies are guilty of TB mishaps. My TB was recently picked up by a newbie who not only proudly posted a pic of her first found TB, but logged it found the same day she got it, and dropped it in the next cache within 2 or 3 days, and again promptly logged it. So this is an example of a newbie who did very well! I was pleased!